Multirotor, multicopter and quadcopter discussion - The Drone thread

The frame, get the verison with the PCB board if in stock

Battery alarm - there is one built into the KK2.1 but you will need a two pin lead to connect it

Try and majority of your stuff from the UK warehouse as your ordering a lot you may get hit by customs - for me a ordered the complete kit from the UK and the KK2.1 from the international warehouse.

Also Hobbyking do a thing called buddy codes and one time prices to get items cheaper ( I found this after i made my purchase)

Have a look at the website below to get cheaper prices. (this is a referal paid site but not directly to me but for anyone who post their buddy code online) Your allowed to use one buddy code per order.

http://rcsearch.info/hobbyking/buddy/?cid=501&SortBy=&dt=&wh=uk#catalog

(!! Mods I dont know if im allowed to be post this link if not let me know and i will remove it !!)

Last thing clear your cart and cookies, go to the item which is the most expensive wait on that page for about 100 second and it will give you a one time offer at a cheaper price.

Thanks for that, I'll make sure to wait on the expensive item page!

Seems everything I want from the UK warehouse is on backorder!

Also for the NTM Motors, is it necessary to buy the accessory pack?

I had a couple that puffed, they're also pretty heavy for the low C rating, replaced mine with Overlander 2200's.

Thanks for the recommendation, two arrived today.

On the subject of batteries I just want to make sure I'm properly clued up. At the moment we just have the Phantom balance charger:

YOnTwvv.jpg

When people here, and the battery manuals, talk about checking cell voltages or discharging I'm assuming this can't be done with this charger? And if so how would one check voltages and discharge to a set level (or is that a case of just using the battery, which seems clunky)?

Also am I correct in thinking that the 1/2/3A options are simply a case of speed of charge? We've never used 3A but is it best to always use 1A when able?

Found it the balance port are on the right hand side, plug you main charger lead in and the balace plug on the right and charge. You wont be able to see the charge values unless you get a meter

I use a portable jump starter/battery pack to power my charger (I also have a Blade 350qx).
Mine cost about £100, but even a cheap one (<£30) should work since all they contain is a 12V battery.

Tomsk: Not sure if you'll see this, but the jumpstarter I bought ( http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/maplin-jump-starter-digital-500a-150psi-compressor-n63nk ) works however I was just curious what the max amount of charges you gotten out of yours before you had to recharge the jumpstarter?

Last edited:
You can charge a lipos safely at 1C, so for a 2200mah battery that equals 2.2amps on the charger. The 3 amp setting on he DJI Charger is abit weird.... It's above the rule of thumb charge rate, but maybe they think their own cells can handle it. (Though I suspect it would shorten life)

You don't really need to discharge lipos, but there is a level you should discharge to for storage. Must admit I've never bothered, and tend to get new battery's every couple of seasons

I would use the 2A setting, twice as fast as 1A and the battery's will be fine

Last edited:
It's just the standard DJI Phantom one but thanks :). Understand where to plug the balance charger but not what to charge it at, how to decharge, etc.

For the DJI what does it actually say on the battery itself?

On the battery that comes with the Blade 350 qx it says 'Maximum charge Rate 3C', its basically the same battery... not that I would really trust it but there should be some info on the battery.

I couldn't say because I always keep my pack charged up in case I need it. ;)

Tomsk: oh well I was just curious, thanks any way :D

Last edited:
Just noticed that I will need a charger for the Lipo on my Fatshark. Can someone please recommend me one? The charger for the Phantom 2 is obviously proprietary....

Don't mind spending a few quid on something decent for max battery life.

Just noticed that I will need a charger for the Lipo on my Fatshark. Can someone please recommend me one? The charger for the Phantom 2 is obviously proprietary....

Don't mind spending a few quid on something decent for max battery life.

Are you sure? Ours charges from our Phantom charger with an adapter that the Fat Shark came with and a normal 3S balance lead.

Back
Top Bottom