Muse's new album

Man of Honour
Tony Soprano said:
Their new look says it all. :( What are they going through a crisis or something?
I thinks its trying to get rid of the 'EMO' tag they have carried from Absolution. I never found it particuarly 'aweful gothic poetry' esque, but thats what quite a few people seem to think.

Thats not an image I'd want for my band :p

Soldato
Nitefly said:
I do have to wonder what all the buttons on matts guitar are for this time...

Anyone else think the quality of Muse live has gone downhill? I mean.. listening to Hullaballoo DVD.... then remembering the versions of Muscle Museum they have played live recently :( And sing for absolution.... just.... super effects all over the place. Really nasty pitch shifting :/

If you listen to the live version of microcuts from the Earls court gig on their webby, noooo! Saying that, I was there and I loved it.

I liked the live version of SMBH, sounded nice and raw :)

The quality of Muse live has definitely gone downhill. They've really sanitised their live/sound and performance now and every show is virtually indistinguishable from the last/next. I used to love Muse because every time you saw them there'd be a different breakdown/intro/solo/picking pattern and now Matt is playing 'Time Is Running Out' exactly like the album version with no ad libs whatsoever.

I just count myself extremely lucky to have seen them live twice when they could still cut it. Sadly I then followed that up with four times on the Absolution tour and to top it off had to endure Elbow supporting three of those times.

Not impressed with 'Knights of Cydonia' either I'm afraid, it's a bit Queen sounding and it really sounds like Matt is trying to imitate ELP just for the sake of getting the 'prog' label back, when Absolution wasn't progressive in the slightest. The live solo in 'Supermassive Blackhole' was a total rip off of 'Cosmonaut' by ATDI as well.

BTW I would never, and have never heard of anyone, describing Muse as 'emo'.

I never thought I'd see Chris wearing a suit and sporting 'straightners hair'.

Soldato
I dont think Muse have released anything decent since the Muscle Museum single.

Actually thats a lie, there is an awfull lot of Muse's stuff i cant listen to as its toss, but on the other hand there are a handfull of their tracks that are extrodinarily good.

Soldato
atpbx said:
Actually thats a lie, there is an awfull lot of Muse's stuff i cant listen to as its toss, but on the other hand there are a handfull of their tracks that are extrodinarily good.
I agree on that. Tbh the only muse album that I can listen to properly (i.e. all the way through without getting bored) is Origin of Symmetry.

Soldato
A random name said:
Managed to get hold of their third and final new song played at the Big Weekend set yesterday.. It's called Starlight and features the lyrics Black Holes and Revelations, which is where they got the title of their album from :)

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/john.glancy2/Muse%20-%20Starlight.mp3

It's a softer song, kinda reminds me of Sing For Absolution.

That to me is the best song I've heard so far from the new album, but it sounds very very U2, especially the bass.

Associate
Yeah, cheers for letting me relive the memory. Although the atmosphere was awesome, I was too caught up in the crush to listen properly. :p

Soldato
xyphic said:
Cheers for those - shame about the skip part way through Starlight (least it sounds like a skip!), but still the best quality version I've come across so far.
I've got the radio version of Starlight now, which is still even better quality and now is skipless :D

I'll upload it for you all when i get back home tonight. It's truely a class song :)

Back
Top Bottom