Muse's new album

Man of Honour
m3csl2004 said:
if i dont listen to the old albums im missing out
If you don't like the new material, listen to the old. You will be missing out. Next time I'll place a more helpful comma between the don't and the listen.

And I wasn't refering to you in particular. You just need to be brave to accept something that is alien to you.

Associate
lol - dont quote me then :p

i really dont mind change, i stayed with a couple of bands that have changed style dramatically, except i really dont like the single.

however, all is not lost, i managed to dig up a burning bandits and thought it was a major improment :) - not shure ill listen to it a lot, but certainly liked it

Soldato
I personally really like it. I am however a fan of the Scissor Sisters (I don't listen to their album or anything, but I can happily listen to a few songs if they happen to be on), and the style of singing doesn't upset me :)

I also love the intro riff :]

-RaZ

Soldato
Zefan said:
Seriously, DIE. Listen to Burning Bandits and then say this song is good.
We can only hope songs like that and crying shame are on the new album, because Supermassive Black Hole is the worst song i've ever heard from muse, ever. I'd rather sit and listen to unintended than this :(

Permabanned
Its not what I was hoping from Muse - but I do actually like the new single. Its something different. I personally can't wait for the album to be released!

Soldato
stuppy said:
Its not what I was hoping from Muse - but I do actually like the new single. Its something different. I personally can't wait for the album to be released!
I've been listening to it most of today on my iPod, it's actually starting to quite catch on. The thing is though, if i listen to it, then listen to something else like The Small Print or New Born, then i listen to Supermassive Black Hole again then i get that dissapointed feeling again, because i know it's not the muse i know :(

Permabanned
I think what people have a problem with is that yes, this record is a little bit more pop-ish then Muse's previous work - and I think thats why people are afraid to like this track. There is nothing wrong with the track - musically and lyrically its sound. I think a lot of people just don't want to accociate themselves with something more "mainstream" or what people class as pop music - cause they consider themselves hardcore rock fans.

Ive listened to the track a couple of times, heard it in total about 5 times now. I think its an excellent track. The verse sections of the song are completely different to what they have done before to a degree, the chorus is what I would class as typical Muse. The layered vocals, dirty base riffs, the high vocal ranges - all Muse's traits.

If the album is of this quality then I think its going to be a big sucess. Just because something is different, doesn't mean its bad!

Man of Honour
stuppy said:
I think what people have a problem with is that yes, this record is a little bit more pop-ish then Muse's previous work - and I think thats why people are afraid to like this track. There is nothing wrong with the track - musically and lyrically its sound. I think a lot of people just don't want to accociate themselves with something more "mainstream" or what people class as pop music - cause they consider themselves hardcore rock fans.
Exactly, that was what I was saying earlier. People seem to be scared to like it!

I think the new tune reminds me of Electric 6 now that I think of it, especially those second verse lyrics!

Soldato
I wish people would get over the fact that some Muse fans don't like the song. I don't like it because I think it sounds crap, simple as. I don't like every single song on all their albums and I'm sure most of you don't either so move on.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Tony Soprano said:
I wish people would get over the fact that some Muse fans don't like the song. I don't like it because I think it sounds crap, simple as. I don't like every single song on all their albums either and I'm sure most of you don't either so move on.
Fair enough. I however know two Muse fans however that listened it for the first time in my room today, their innitial faces were disgusted and a few 'What have they done? Its.... pop!'. After about 5 minutes I had managed to convince both of them that it was decent, they just had to 'accept' the new sound and that pop doesn't mean bad.

So I wasn't implying everyone should like the song, just some people are in 'Pop denial'. So why don't YOU move on ;) :p *Take as a joke*

Soldato
Sorry to drag this back up... But MUSE played a set at the Big Weekend today, and in it were Supermassive Black Hole AND another new song which is titled Knights Of Cydonia.

I've got audio recordings of both of them and i've got to say, Supermassive Black Hole is mightily impressive live with REAL drums rather than synthed crap. It's a really good song live, it'll be nice to see that played.

Secondly, the new song, Knights of Cydonia. This is immense, one of the best songs i've heard from Muse for sure. It's also a good sign that the next album shall be impressive and not a let down :D I'll upload the two songs and put them on here for download because as far as i know it's not illegal to host and download live versions of the songs.

Soldato
A random name said:
Secondly, the new song, Knights of Cydonia. This is immense, one of the best songs i've heard from Muse for sure. It's also a good sign that the next album shall be impressive and not a let down :D I'll upload the two songs and put them on here for download because as far as i know it's not illegal to host and download live versions of the songs.

Knights of Cydonia is amazing! Muse are back :D

Back
Top Bottom