• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

My horrible RMA experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. That’s likely what happened.

Customer obsessed right? Fact is they really don’t give a damn about us.

I have to agree but most retailers have gone this way.

Since OcUK moved away from forum based customer support to using web based ticket system, they've been terrible.

Since then I've gone elsewhere and this thread has made me realise that was a wise move.

Usually don't need to chase them for RMA updates.

OCUK really have gone to **** over the years, This would never have happened on Baileys watch. Only got half way through the thread but it still looks like Gibbo tries to do the decent thing. Dont accept them fobbing you off bro and if they do play dirty. This is a multi million pound company where their sales team drive Ferraris. Doing the right thing isnt going to bankrupt them. Im sure Gibbo will sort it out for you.

Another reason this why i just buy my tech from Amazon these days - their customer service team just refund no questions asked if youre a good customer. Back in the day everything would be purchased from OCUK.

Last edited:
OCUK really have gone to **** over the years, This would never have happened on Baileys watch. Only got half way through the thread but it still looks like Gibbo tries to do the decent thing. Dont accept them fobbing you off bro and if they do play dirty. This is a multi million pound company where their sales team drive Ferraris. Doing the right thing isnt going to bankrupt them. Im sure Gibbo will sort it out for you.

Another reason this why i just buy my tech from Amazon these days - their customer service team just refund no questions asked if youre a good customer. Back in the day everything would be purchased from OCUK.
For better or worse... this is what I do now too.
The returns are just so quick and painless. Have a drop off point at OneStop a 2 minute walk from my house too. If its a refund, they usually issue it as soon as the item is scanned in at OneStop too.

What issue?

don't want to turn this into an ocuk bashing thread, or steal the OPs thunder, but it was with a monitor. It's not actually been as long as I thought though, July '21 is when I first logged the issue. Had a reply asking for more info which I sent over, and then nothing.
I've chased it quite often asking for an update to how it's all going. To be honest, at this stage I'll carry it on for the lols.

don't want to turn this into an ocuk bashing thread, or steal the OPs thunder, but it was with a monitor. It's not actually been as long as I thought though, July '21 is when I first logged the issue. Had a reply asking for more info which I sent over, and then nothing.
I've chased it quite often asking for an update to how it's all going. To be honest, at this stage I'll carry it on for the lols.

*Yoink* we got a free monitor, lol

Last edited:
Update

Just received a new reply from an email I sent a few days ago when I created this thread, asking how the refund is calculated with the reply of

Hi Alex,

After 6 months of ownership the card's value is decreased based on general usage and length of ownership.

The refund is calculated based on the length of time you have owned the item.

Based on this fact the refund is the value mentioned. I do apologise that i mistakenly offered an item we cannot issue.

In this instance this is all we can offer.

Last edited:
The inability to fix an item under warranty is not consumer's problem.

What does the warranty actually say? If this treatment is spelled out in the warranty itself, that's big news and information we, as consumers, can use when making future purchasing decisions.

MSI are horrific to deal with for RMA, wont touch their products again because of it.
I had good experience with them in the past, but that was many years ago. I sent on RMA motherboard, not only they replaced faulty chipset on it, they also replaced all bios physical buttons (they said they looked a bit sticky) plus few other electrical components, that they said were fine but getting old so might as well replace and prolong life of the product by few years.

Then again, I sent AMD GPU to gigabyte (also many years ago) and they replaced 90% of components that faulty power delivery fried... Some vendors are really bored I think. :p

Last edited:
When i worked in retail the manager would love it when stuff went faulty. Manufacturer would send a much higher value replacement and that would be kept by the store and a b grade item if available would be given as a replacement to customer. This still happens today at a lot of retailers.
If possible always try the manufacturer directly they do have a lot more flexibility than the retailer.
That's my experience with it in my retail work too (I was the one deciding what customer gets), though the bigger the company grew the more freedom I had to work with customers and make them happy with good replacements instead. I'd expect OCuk to do better than I see here, so far!

Last edited:
Update

Hi Alex,

After 6 months of ownership the card's value is decreased based on general usage and length of ownership.

The refund is calculated based on the length of time you have owned the item.

Based on this fact the refund is the value mentioned. I do apologise that i mistakenly offered an item we cannot issue.

In this instance this is all we can offer.
Not even close to being acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom