My new car (Warning: Uncool 5 door action inside)

Associate
Really dont get why Ford went with the analogue clock, do like the car very much though. Personally I think that looks a lot better than the current shape Mondeo.

Soldato
That's awesome, as nice a colour as performance blue is, that gas much more of a stealth factor.

Servicing - main dealer, ford have fixed price servicing and you won't save much by going elsewhere.

Head unit - nope it's not that bad, your alpine will be better but tbh the only reason I went aftermarket was the lack of decent iPod interfaces

Climate - set it and forget it, but if you're like me you'll find that you want it cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter, still less hassle though

Soldato
OP
Cheers Iain

What are Ford like on costs for something like front disks/pads for example, out of interest? Everything else seems to be covered by major/minor services

Soldato
Expensive, they quoted 275 for front discs and pads on my ZS so the ST will be even more expensive. I ended up paying the garage next door mates rates of 200 to do all 4

Associate
What's the real world mpg on these like? Been looking at these for a while and they are tempting as they seem a good all round package but I do not really want significantly increased running costs compared to my mk1 seat leon cupra

Soldato
Bah. Close enough ;)

I'd like to grab a ride in yours at the next meet and compare noise/power if that's ok :)

Ye course it is, probably be fairly different due to the springs/polybushing too.

What's the real world mpg on these like? Been looking at these for a while and they are tempting as they seem a good all round package but I do not really want significantly increased running costs compared to my mk1 seat leon cupra

I get 25-26mpg on average, getting up to 34-35 on a run.

Soldato
Insurance - Bell

Tyres - Vredsteins

Auto Climate Control - Never use it, go manual all the time

Servicing - Main dealer, pricing is competitive and they know the car

MPG - Same as above

Enjoy it, it is a very good car!

Associate
Thanks guys. Currently get around 29mpg on my 15 mile commute to work which is a mix of motorway/b roads and town driving, about a third of each

Man of Honour
Auto Climate Control - Never use it, go manual all the time

I don't understand why you'd possibly do that other than by hating it the first time you used it, not bothering to stick with it and learn how it works, and then going from there? Manual AC is rubbish!

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox;16839580 said:
I don't understand why you'd possibly do that other than by hating it the first time you used it, not bothering to stick with it and learn how it works, and then going from there? Manual AC is rubbish!

Have to agree. I wasn't fussed about proper climate control having not used it "properly" in the past until now. Now it's ace :cool:

Back
Top Bottom