My silly old overpriced Nissan thread. S15 content here.

The rear end looks less cluttered with one less badge, its not about hiding what the car is or anything, I don't get why people need to ask why its done, if someone had a debadged ('model designation delete') BMW 550i, Audi RS car or something then some people would go 'nice sleeper, very subtle', instead take the badge off this and we get snobby comments making out you're trying to hide what it is!

I'd ask why somebody debadged a 550i too. This is a discussion forum where we exchange opinions, my opinion is that I rarely like debadging and think it detracts from the car.

I think it looked better before, IMO.

Back to the car itself, I hope a rear wiper delete is on the cards...that rear wiper looks so ugly :p. Can understand why you'd keep it for the obvious practical reasons though!

Can understand that - I got used to not having one on the Civic (FN2) and the MX5, both cars came equipped with rear parking sensors though which was generally reassuring given how crap rear visibility could get :)

What on the moon? No way in hell a RB weighs 70kgs. It's also around double the weight of the SR20DE with more engine hanging over the front axle. No tuner in the history of the world has stuck a RB in a Silvia and expected it to handle as well as it did with it's original engine. RB'ed silvia's are for drifting and willy waving contests which take away from the pureness of driving a light weight Japanese sports coupe.

SR20DET is 150kg's

RB25DET is 228Kg's

Both including manifolds turbo etc.

Gearboxes are 72kg's and 90kg's respectively.

So about 1/2 more not double.

70kg's is an easy weight saving if you are going for ultimate performance, but anyway, I kinda agree with you, was just pointing out the weight difference isn't as great as you said.

Back OT, I always thought Silvias had an actual Silvia "S" badge that looked kinda like a thunderbolt instead of the regular Nissan badge, or did they stop doing that for the S15? I always thought it was cool, like the way the MR2/Supra had their own emblem instead of the Toyota one (sadly that stopped on later models). I'm probably going to find out now that what I always thought was a really cool thing about Silvias is really just a popular mod lol :P

Back OT, I always thought Silvias had an actual Silvia "S" badge that looked kinda like a thunderbolt instead of the regular Nissan badge, or did they stop doing that for the S15? I always thought it was cool, like the way the MR2/Supra had their own emblem instead of the Toyota one (sadly that stopped on later models). I'm probably going to find out now that what I always thought was a really cool thing about Silvias is really just a popular mod lol :P

Maybe it was a Spec R thing.

Back
Top Bottom