NEARLY 2 WEEKS WAITING: Nissan GT-R is finally mine!

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
Guess whos back!

40507953_2206917092911459_6901969709747404800_n.jpg

But I broke it.

again.

Ooops

:p

Though this time its nothing terminal, cars still fine just an annoyance.

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
Lmao. Annoyingly it's probably reaching an age where the odd bit will start to die but not bad at all considering how hard it's driven.

Quite, you are right though, I am thinking towards the end of next year to rip all the mods off, put it back to standard, and get a later model. Possibly a 17 plate which someone is looking to shift just as the factory warranty is coming to an end.

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
Hi guys!

Today had a last minute spot available for the Viezu AWD dyno day. So I snapped it up.

Heres the run :)

The loudest car of the day by far, many fingers in ears before the end of the run :D :D :D

Soldato
Sounds awesome, what about the all important numbers?

Just noticed you're in Bromsgrove, I pass by a lot and the ocassional trip through trying to avoid traffic which normally means I get stuck in local traffic.

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
What's reliability like on presumably stock internals and just about everything else at that kind of figure?

As with modifying anything over stock power, roll the dice take yer chances.

However, when you cap it at low 600s on torque you are "safe" upto about 700 hp on stock internals with many people running that for years without issue.

On the other end you hear of people who have bent rods at stage 1.

OcUK Staff
As with modifying anything over stock power, roll the dice take yer chances.

However, when you cap it at low 600s on torque you are "safe" upto about 700 hp on stock internals with many people running that for years without issue.

On the other end you hear of people who have bent rods at stage 1.

People bending rods on a stage 1 though are probably not using or working with a tried and tested tuner.
I'd be super shocked if anyone has bent rods for instance on a Litcho Stage 1 tune.

Also if you have an older GTR, simply just updating the car the the absolute latest ECU and TCU maps will bring the power to around 550HP anyway and improve the gearbox no end and that is a manufacturer mapping so fantastic all round and ideal for those who maybe don't want to take risk with 3rd party tuners.

Soldato
Guess you won't be embarrassing yourself at any track days in the near future with those then, won't even get allowed through the paddock :D

Saying that, I used to run a 90mm titanium system with downpipes and passed Oulton, Donny & Silverstone noise tests regularly.

Back
Top Bottom