NEC LCD20WGX2 review *** UPDATED 25/02/06 ***

Associate
Ordered earlier on today.
I'm really looking forward to this after reading the review here and looking through tftcentral etc at various screens.
Great review igors and a really nice site Baddass :)
Just hoping its all okay as its my first ever tft as I use a huge iiyama pro 514 crt at the moment which takes up to much room.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Dup said:
Could you tell us how many left over after preorders have been sent? Or is that being too cheeky?

Duppy wuppy wants one but can't afford for another week :(

100 in today, about 55 left and another 100 arriving end of week so plenty to go round. :)

Associate
Ordered this at 2pm today, received a couple of emails - one to confirm receipt and the other to say the order had been accepted - but no mention of a dispatch. Also, order tracking doesn't work for my order number. Anyone else get this? :(

Associate
daddyorchips said:
Ordered this at 2pm today, received a couple of emails - one to confirm receipt and the other to say the order had been accepted - but no mention of a dispatch. Also, order tracking doesn't work for my order number. Anyone else get this? :(

I wouldn't worry about it.
Gibbo posted at 4.25pm saying they just had them in which is near enough home time for the warehouse staff I would have thought along with the fact they had a lot of preorders which would have been done first.

I got the same 2 emails as you though in my case my order tracking no. does work for me and says 'Your order has been sent to our warehouse but not yet printed etc.
I expect yours will be the same :)
Just send them a webnote or give them a quick ring tomorrow if you still have not heard anything just after lunch.

Associate
haha, ye ive been stairing at it all day :| waiting for a knock at the door . hehe, going from my 15 ich samsung sysnc 151s ... :| i realy realy need this monitor . haha, what tft's or crt's are you guys upgradeing from ???

Associate
Mine was on preorder. and ive just checked the order status . and it seems like they have not yet been send out , :( order send to the warehouse. guess we will get them wednesday

Associate
Upgrading from a iiyama 22' crt(20 viewable).
Nice enough screen but its to huge for my new desk and the colours are a little bit washed out in places.
Terrible pic I just took with my phone as I'm totaly bored >
Can't belive you,ve managed with a 15' for all this time :D

Last edited:
Associate
I just bought the Philips from another shop recently and I’m not too happy with it. It has black light bleed. Don’t like the contrast levels, and watching films on the Philips is not that great. I’m thinking of returning it so I can get a NEC. I’m wondering if it’s worth the all hassle though.

Any thoughts are welcomed because I’m seriously considering returning this monitor.

Associate
Going to order this tomorrow after being through Dell hell, had three 2005fpw's in the last ten days all backlight bleed problems. :mad:
Just wondering if the people who had some bleed probs with this monitor had it with the initial batch from OCuk as their replacements from NEC seem ok. Hopefully this batch is from the same pool as the replacements.
Just asking as I have had enough of backlight bleed and the monitor merrygo round.
Roll on tomorrow :)

Associate
Well, I just phoned them up to check on my order. Apparently the ocuk system states that these screens are "not in stock", and that they're waiting for arrival of some today. Am a tad miffed as they were showing in stock yesterday...

What's going on Gibbo? :(

OcUK Staff
daddyorchips said:
Well, I just phoned them up to check on my order. Apparently the ocuk system states that these screens are "not in stock", and that they're waiting for arrival of some today. Am a tad miffed as they were showing in stock yesterday...

What's going on Gibbo? :(

Orders are shipping out as we speak. I would suggest you drop us a call again and get them to re-check your order. I am PM for monitors and can see a lovely pile of NEC monitors on our cameras in our warehouse. :)

Associate
Lunix said:
I wouldn't worry about it.
Gibbo posted at 4.25pm saying they just had them in which is near enough home time for the warehouse staff I would have thought along with the fact they had a lot of preorders which would have been done first.

I got the same 2 emails as you though in my case my order tracking no. does work for me and says 'Your order has been sent to our warehouse but not yet printed etc.
I expect yours will be the same :)
Just send them a webnote or give them a quick ring tomorrow if you still have not heard anything just after lunch.

you usually have to wait 24 hours for the tracking number to work anyway.....

Soldato
well i succomed and bought one......... igor!!!!!!! you are responsible if i am not happy and i will hunt u down with a blunt tool!!! :p

If i ordered now - will I get it tomorrow?

What tests should I do on it for pixels etc? Links to tools would be cool :)

Do you get the DVI cable?

Associate
you should, as long as you don't change the order (like add something to the addrees / a note etc) - as I did which means you wont get it next day :(

Back
Top Bottom