need your feedback (pc build)

Soldato
if i use hdmi will i get better screen quality?

No as your limited by your screen resolution and your VGA 'only' input.

But the HDMI lead would have more uses if you ever changed your monitor.

Could you clarify the inputs into your monitor?

Soldato
other one is marked as dvi in
If you have a DVI input on your monitor definitely get a DVI cable as it matches one of the outputs on your GTX 1060 (or it should from card description).

Much better not to use adaptors if it can be avoided.

Ideally you would pick this up locally for approx £6 - you don't want to be paying p&p for a cable.

Associate
OP
Last edited:
Soldato
Koczan1, I've got your request and will show you the cable you need.

But for now delete your above post requesting links to the bay.

I'll give you the details of the cable you need and search for. You bought your GFX card, memory etc from OcUK they'll understand - but delete the bay request.

Where ever you choose to buy from you need to enter this information:
  • DVI-D 24+1 pin Dual Link Cable DVI Male to Male
But you will need to make sure you pick the right length for your needs - 2m is usually enough depending on how far your case is from your monitor (check). The shorter the better ideally.

It's the EDIT button koczan1 - in the bottom left hand corner of post #85 - delete the request and save changes.

EDIT: Great

Last edited:
Associate
OP
ok ive ordered one. if things will go to the plan i will have my stuff up and running on the 1st of june which "childrens day" in poland. ths is when small and sometimes big kids get their gifts ^^

Soldato
ok ive ordered one. if things will go to the plan i will have my stuff up and running on the 1st of june which "childrens day" in poland. ths is when small and sometimes big kids get their gifts ^^
Hehe - cool, I didn't know that.

Is it a national holiday - do you get the day off?

Soldato
unfortunetly not, i drive for bakery so ppl like you can have their fresh bread and rolls for breakfast
Shame.

Although, I can't be blamed - i don't eat breakfast - coffee is my morning sustenance.

You can have lie in - i eat at my sandwiches at 1pm.

Associate
OP
Question; what is going to happen if I run my new PC on current windows? I did prepare pen drive installation via Microsoft tool but when it's connected to my PC it doesn't want to boot. Go straight to windows. Yes I have changed boot priority. So yeah just wonder if it's safe to run it for the 1st time if it won't boot on new PC then and make new installation then?

Soldato
Question; what is going to happen if I run my new PC on current windows? I did prepare pen drive installation via Microsoft tool but when it's connected to my PC it doesn't want to boot. Go straight to windows. Yes I have changed boot priority. So yeah just wonder if it's safe to run it for the 1st time if it won't boot on new PC then and make new installation then?
Not sure i follow koczan1?

Are you saying that you've prepared a Windows 10 USB install and testing it on a PC with Windows 10 already installed?

If you're unsure of the install on the pen drive - format the pen drive using fat 32 and then reinstall the Windows 10 install using the Microsoft tool.

Associate
OP
I'm on windows 7. Prepared pen drive installation and was just checking if it's going to boot up to save me problems when time comes.

Soldato
I'm on windows 7. Prepared pen drive installation and was just checking if it's going to boot up to save me problems when time comes.
Were you planning on updating your Windows 7 now to 10 and then transferring the licence over to your new PC when it's built?

Associate
OP
No I'm staying on 7. I just want a advice if it's safe to run new PC on my currently installed windows and then make fresh installation. In case that pen drive install won't boot up on new PC.

Soldato
Is it a retail version of Windows 7? If it the process will be very simple.

If it's OEM - you will have to call MS/chat screen and persuade them to transfer the licence to your new PC. It's not normally an issue - tell them your old PC died and you were forced to update your hardware..

Soldato
I do have serial number, I can get it installed anywhere I want u guess.
Having a licence key doesn't automatically mean it's a retail copy.

With a retail copy your guaranteed to be able to swap Windows from system to system.

If it's OEM - it will require a call/screen chat with MS and for you to gently persuade them to move the licence to another machine. I've never had a problem - but making you aware of the difference.

But coming back to my question. Any thoughts?

If i'm understanding you correctly you're unsure about your 'Windows installation ISO' on your usb pendrive?

If so, as mentioned before, format the pen drive using fat 32 and then reinstall the Windows 10 install using the Microsoft tool.

How big is the pendrive?

Associate
OP
It's 8 GB. I I'll do what you advice but I'd still like to know if it's going to be safe to run new PC on my currently installed system on my ssd, not freshly installed. In case I'll have some problems with USB install.

Soldato
It's 8 GB. I I'll do what you advice but I'd still like to know if it's going to be safe to run new PC on my currently installed system on my ssd, not freshly installed. In case I'll have some problems with USB install.
I think i understand you now.

No, i strongly advise that you do a fresh install of Windows 7 on your new system.

Back
Top Bottom