Needed: Upgrade advice for a Useless individual!

If we're going for 4.1 hopefully not.

You would be very unlucky not to get 4.1Ghz at 1.2v - but it's not impossible.

It's only the temps holding us back from testing for stability - as we would normally put in 1.3V and work our way down - but that's not an option - Not even 1.23...

So we'll have to abandon 4.3/4.2 Ghz at 1.2XX and try 4.1 @ 1.2v.

Yep that's fine, I blame my pathetic cooler!

On paper and looks - it should keep the CPU cooler than the temps we're getting. It's a CPU contact issue - reseating would probably make it all tickety-boo again - but I understand your reluctance if you're happy with 4.1GHz.

I too like the easy life when I can grab it- work/kids/builders changing dates on you yet again/forgetting to pay kids coach company so you have to drive them in at 7.30 in the morning (amazing start to the day) is enough.

Very silly to forget about the coach journey though!

I agree - a certain number one son was meant to give us a reminder form, last term - rather than lining his bag with it. Kids - couldn't be angry he's a great kid, and he was really apologetic when he realised his pass was out of date. You know somethings wrong when your kid is standing in the doorway at 6.30am saying 'errmm - will this matter?'

How far is the school away?

Far enough to test the limits of the new fly over, on the way back, and taking it on faith that the signs for the speed cameras have gone up before the actual speed cameras.

Okay, I'm about to go for 41 and 1.2 and see how it goes, I can always boost it up again should I wish to at a later date with a new cooler

That's fine! I've had the test running for 8 mins ATM so I'll keep it on till you're back

Edit! Owp no I won't, BSOD again! About 9 mins in, temperatures hadn't risen past 75 so that's a bit odd??

This was on blend

Still disappointing temps at 1.2v.

I don't like doing this but manually set the DRAM to 1.65V (it's on it now via auto - but want to be sure. I'm hoping to drop this to 1.55V when stable)

Back
Top Bottom