Needed: Upgrade advice for a Useless individual!

Sounds good! What AM is my current system?

You have a socket 1155 - INTEL. The AM sockets are AMD - I was inferring that if you were to upgrade in the future you would probably go down the Ryzen path, so you would be wise to get the add on kit now (you may have to pay for it later).

And would I need to take any other parts out to swap the HSinks?

You would need to take out the GPU - and the rest depends on your case. If you were reseating your present heatink you would probably get away with doing it in situ.

Replacing a whole new unit depends largely on the access you have to the mounting plate, on the other side of the case (the bit the motherboard is attached to). Some cases have a large hole so you can refit mounting brackets easily - I'll need to google your case...

From the look if the internals - link - it looks like you will have a lot of access to the back plate so you may get away with fitting with the motherboard still in place.

You may have to also unplug wires etc so that there out the way - but you'll know pretty quickly if it's going to be too difficult. Two sets of hands are always useful...

They will eventually supply the CPU with the AM4 fitting as standard - but there will obviously be a lot of stock out there which were produced before Ryzern release. Which is why you get the free fitting sent out for now.

You may never need it - but it's worth a quick webnote - may require proof of purchase of the CRYORIG to get the free fitting.

You could bluff - and say that this is the first part of your order (tell them to look at date) and that you will be ordering the AM4 when you can afford it soon - BUT, you want the fitting ready for when you eventually buy/receive the motherboard as it would arrive next day. Where as their fitting may take considerably longer to arrive. You don't want to be left waiting for a cooler connector that will be supplied as standard if you bought another cooler (lie ;).

They may take pity on you :)

EDIT: Unless your dealing with Overclockers - and not CRYORIG - then don't lie -as we're using their forums :D

Yay - fitting guide for the Cryorig H7 with motherboard still inside of the case - clicky. Looks relatively easy.

Looks a polished/quality cooler for the money.

Fitting the new cooler will seem like a breeze compared to getting off your old cooler if it is connected by stiff pushpins ;)

I always said that if I ever met the inventor of the pushpin design I would attach one to his prefrontal lobe. Then, 'voila', instant and obviously required lobotomy.

Last edited:
Just photos of my Cooler, For reference, and for you to see if I have pushpins and laugh at me

xlbkf5.jpg
2qsp6kg.jpg
u1q4w.jpg

Edit: Wow those are some mis-shapen photos!

Back
Top Bottom