Needed: Upgrade advice for a Useless individual!

Okay back in bios and with new version hurray!

Great you've done your first flash (sounds odd reading back) - now you can do belt and braces and reset the CMOS - but that's quite old school.

Or you can get straight to it and start adding your old settings back in - probably the easiet for now as i'm going to have to go very soon.

I don't know what any of that means so I think I'll add my old settings back in!

Hehe - not a problem.

Start adding your old settings and then use and abuse your computer for a while - but I don't expect you to have any problems (famous last words) - unless you enter an odd setting by mistake.

Remember - Esc and not saving settings is your friend if you make a mistake you can't change. Otherwise, when your done press F10 and save changes and quit.

You can enter bits at a time if that makes it easier for you.

It appears none of the settings have actually changed, as they were all set to auto anyway.
Is that it? Have I successfully not ruined my pc?

Brilliant! Thank you very much for your help, you've been great.

I'll look for another tutor for the overclocking so I don't waste anymore of your time!!

Not a problem.

If you're doing the overclock now - let peeps know that you only want a modest clock - maximum 4.3Ghz - stability is key for you, no need to push it.

You may find that it runs 4.3 on auto - just by upping the multiplier - (had a quick look at 'AI Tweaker' in your BIOS - it really is simple process compared to my p67).

You will also need to set your memory - easiest to use the XMP. But when clocking, if using manual, in the 'Ai Tweaker - you can choose the frequency easily enough - but timings will require more of a search (someone will explain - but I doubt your memory is running at full speed).

Keep your energy saving settings (speedstep etc if possible - shouldn't be an issue with a moderate clock) - and whatever you do don't be talked into using an auto overclock tool (you wouldn't on these forums without a fight breaking out between members).

Should be relatively straight forward - got to go now - best of luck.

Last edited:
Ok, i'm back and have 30 minutes (replied in your other thread).

If you don't appear i'll be on later tonight...

I'm afraid I won't be able to attempt it till tomorrow now, possibly the morning possibly the evening, thank you very much for trying to take the time to help though, much appreciated

Back
Top Bottom