Needle spiking again...

Caporegime
Used to happen, very very rarely, in the clubs in the town I grew up in. I think there was 3 incidents, 2 of them HIV related, in like 20 years.
druggies used to rob people with needles claiming they had HIV apparently.

I think it first started as a rumour in Amsterdam that tourists were getting robbed by that method and then it spread to other places.
it was probably just a hit piece on drugs are bad that started it

I think it was more of a boogie man deal

Permabanned
exyGreyFox, post: 35365190, member: 9348"]Rumbled :)[/QUOTE]

You are now also belonging to a somewhat exclusive club here, myself and my "imaginary" pub, and your good self with your "imaginary" daughters... ;) Maybe we could all have an imaginary **** up? :)

Caporegime
I needle myself twice a day and I challenge anybody to see where I did it so I doubt it will be noticeable in the morning.
Even recent Covid jabs, most peoples aren't visible.
Also what exactly is the delivery method?
Somebody suggested an Epi-Pen type device but looking at my daughters you can't get in them so are there Chinese models where you can fill them with date rape drugs?
Yes drinks getting spiked 100% because I've witnessed several people but the syringe in a club sounds far fetched.

You can fill jet injectors used for diabetes with anything you like, can imagine "jetting" will be the next thing in the headlines.

I like how GHB for example is labelled as a date rape drug, when virtually no cases of it are ever found.

Man of Honour
This made for some interesting reading.

If my daughter was face down in mud I'd be terrified, concerned, heartbroken and likely ashamed. Not sure I'd see any reason to laugh. I've been in horrendous drunken states before but that doesn't mean I'd be blasé about my daughter in that kind of situation.

Bonkers.

You had to be there to witness it, you're making it sound worse than it was but she would have been in serious trouble if they had left her.

Man of Honour
The local cases were examined closely by the police and found to have not happened. The girls just drunk too much. No substances were found in their bloodstream and nothing was found on cctv. They should be arrested for wasting police time and being so stupid they believe what strangers post on social media.

Soldato
Does anyone else wonder if this is a case of a far off academic type living in an ivory tower and heard the word "spiked" and thought it was a literal spike of a needle instead of a drugged drink?

Soldato
Does anyone else wonder if this is a case of a far off academic type living in an ivory tower and heard the word "spiked" and thought it was a literal spike of a needle instead of a drugged drink?

No - it's simply the generation that is desperate for somebody/something else to blame for their stupidity or satisfying their need for 5 seconds of media fame.

Last edited:
Soldato
if you read some of the parliamntary spiking commitee interview it reads like the Meghan/Winefrey interview with, yes, conflation of spiking,
no criticism just letting people speak their truth - and gives govt blessing.

some of it is cringeworthy

First of all, can I commend you, Zara? I saw your interview on “BBC Breakfast”, which I thought was very brave and really important to publicise what many of us were largely in ignorance of. We have all talked about what information and support was available to you at school. When I was at school, spiking was what Bulgarian secret agents did or it happened in James Bond movies in terms of putting things in your drink. We know about Rohypnol and date-rape drugs, but this is people actually getting jabbed in pubs, night clubs or whatever.

tim loughtons a 59 year old Conservative MP (I am a unites states senator)

Soldato
You can fill jet injectors used for diabetes with anything you like, can imagine "jetting" will be the next thing in the headlines.

I like how GHB for example is labelled as a date rape drug, when virtually no cases of it are ever found.

Virtually no cases of actual spiking are ever found. It’s an urban myth and an excuse people who drink too much use according to peer reviewed research I have linked.

Whilst GHB is a great chem sex drug, it is also the go to date rape drug of choice when people are found to have been spiked, it’s just actual spiking is so rare.

Soldato
The local cases were examined closely by the police and found to have not happened. The girls just drunk too much. No substances were found in their bloodstream and nothing was found on cctv. They should be arrested for wasting police time and being so stupid they believe what strangers post on social media.

It’s very very hard to prosecute someone for wasting police time. iirc you have to prove they genuinely knew they were lying, and a lot of these people will have either genuinely believed they might have been spiked.

Associate
Virtually no cases of actual spiking are ever found. It’s an urban myth and an excuse people who drink too much use according to peer reviewed research I have linked.

Whilst GHB is a great chem sex drug, it is also the go to date rape drug of choice when people are found to have been spiked, it’s just actual spiking is so rare.

Isn't the problem that GHB only stays in your system for a short period of time and therefore if the victim does realise something has happened a day or so later, there is nothing to test for.

Even if you turn up in hospital the same night or next morning and you are out of it, the assumption is alcohol or other drugs so it would still not be checked for by default.

There is a particular problem in Bristol at the moment that has lead to the police placing plain clothes officers in clubs and bars where they believe students and other young people are being targeted more for theft and robbery using drinks spiking.

Man of Honour
Isn't the problem that GHB only stays in your system for a short period of time and therefore if the victim does realise something has happened a day or so later, there is nothing to test for.

Even if you turn up in hospital the same night or next morning and you are out of it, the assumption is alcohol or other drugs so it would still not be checked for by default.

I was under the impression you can't test for it or you couldn't test for it back in 2008!!
When I took my daughter to A&E they did tests that told them what it wasn't so it was confirmed she wasn't on hard drugs and there was very little alcohol in her system.
As far as I know they assumed it was a date rape drug and she hadn't been assaulted.
A couple of weeks later somebody confessed to it and my nephew dealt with it.

Associate
My mate did some GHB in a bar. He died but was brought back to life. Well his heart stopped. Some guy gave him some. He didn't know what it was and necked it.

I'm not saying spiking doesn't happen but I have never seen it in all my years.

Just birds that drank too much IMHO.

Next they will be saying they were raped when they changed their mind the next morning.

Back
Top Bottom