Needle spiking again...

Associate
@SexyGreyFox That could still be the case, I don't know the specifics just some of what I knew from past reporting combined with a very recent incident involving one of my sisters, who is half my age, who was having after work drinks in a place she was familiar with.

Thankfully she was unharmed beyond a fractured ankle that occured with her being so unsteady on her feet and them putting her in a taxi home. My family were concerned enough to report it and the Police did ask for a full examination at the hospital for safety.

They also confirmed that the CCTV showed she didn't consume more than a couple of drinks and did not leave her drink. They suspect it was tampered prior to being given to her.

She was signed off by her workplace to allow the fracture to heal and is due back shortly. I am just relieved she is okay. I dread the idea of my daughter being in that situation.

Caporegime
OP
Just a quick bump, has anyone seen any stories about this phenomenon recently?

Have they ever caught the supposed guy or guys who "spiked" a bunch of girls with actual needles in multiple cities during the same period (not a single incident apparently caught on CCTV despite the presence of CCTV being ubiquitous in bars and clubs around the UK)?

Almost as if one report started a brief trend and others followed.

To be fair it wasn't this thread but in a previous thread (which has since been deleted or moved to the secret mods only subforum of hidden threads) some people got quite angry at the fact that this was even being questioned...

Soldato
it was in the news this week ? - MP's report is out.
- original thread anger was directed at such committees who let the myth perpetuate without bringing expert medical advice to refute those witnesses' lived experience; which does the real victims a disservice.

Permabanned
Wife thinks she has been spiked before. After her and a friend were speaking with 2 eastern European guys in a pub having a couple of drinks for the road/last train. She came home and was buzzing, unable to sleep for hours. We believe it was speed or something like. I don't recall if the friend was in a similar state or not, was a few years ago now.

Soldato
I'm not fully convinced on this. The only evidence is people's own stories who have convinced themselves they have been spiked due to not remembering the night before and waking up with a pain and a small mark which could easily have happened by falling over whilst drunk as opposed to being spiked.

On that basis I've been spiked numerous times

More factual evidence is required as at the moment it is mere heresay

Soldato
Wife thinks she has been spiked before. After her and a friend were speaking with 2 eastern European guys in a pub having a couple of drinks for the road/last train. She came home and was buzzing, unable to sleep for hours. We believe it was speed or something like. I don't recall if the friend was in a similar state or not, was a few years ago now.

I'm like that after Jaeger bombs.

Edit: there was another article the other day on the BBC site about people not feeling safe after being spiked. Just anecdotal evidence, nothing from bloods being taken for proof. All cases of claimed spiking needs to be looked at properly and closely to get the method of delivery, location, who is doing it, motive and drugs used (maybe prioritise toxicology as it's time sensitive). This information will help combat it happening and increase the perceived safety of all in bars, clubs and pubs. Then again, I feel that if there is this constant heightened awareness like there is now, that actually makes places safer as it (should) increase vigilance and make it harder for malicious actors spiking drinks.

It probably happens. On the balance of drunk vs. drugged, some (however small) of it has to be down to spiking. There's enough deranged people in the world for it to be statistically impossible for it to never happen.

The default for me has always been; buy drink myself, keep hold of drink, or place down in front of friends at table and everyone watches out for each other. Not much you can do if a friend wants to spike you, you either trust them or you don't and act accordingly.

I've put myself in danger many times by drinking too much, too fast and then removing myself from the venue to save my "pride" but in doing so, isolated myself like an idiot from friends. Ended waking up in my garden, in a bin, in a bush....it's easier to talk about years down the line. Questioned about it at my younger age? I was tempted, and I even recall once saying "I must have been spiked."

My partner over the years I've know her has been "spiked". However after time has passed has now confided in me that she just drank too much, however is still convinced her friends have been spiked in her presence.

That could read like victim blaming, but I see it as public drinking 101 and similar to the green cross code. There's always a chance some crazy mofo could mow you down, just be careful around roads to hopefully see them coming first. Treat going out to these places with respect and understand the world is not a 100% safe place, never will be and mitigate as much as you can without becoming a recluse.

Last edited:
Permabanned
She doesn't drink shots or Jaeger bombs though.

Most people who have had a few nights out can tell the difference between alcohol effects a drug effects I would have thought. Being of an age when raving then house music exploded let's just say we have some experience of things. :)

Man of Honour
No, our local cases were shown not to be true. The girl got too drunk. No substance was found, cctv found nothing. Typical social media scare stories that girls all fall for because they want to create some drama.

Back
Top Bottom