Needle spiking again...

Soldato
Certainly witnessed (and been victim to) people doing that in bold. ^^

Some idiots think it's funny to get someone 'wasted', along with the more nefarious reasons.

Caporegime
So what are we concluding then, literally everyone is lying. :cry:
everyone who claims they were spiked with a syringe yes.
you can't inject someone in a split second

I don't think anyone is denying spiking isn't real but the topic is for needles not pills, my sister was spiked once but no one managed to seperate her and the group of friends she went out with

Soldato
Yeah I should clarify what I said (albeit as I mentioned waking up with pain and a small mark) I am referring to spiking by needle as opposed to spiking drinks.

Needling - evidence suggest not happening
Drink Spiking - evidence proves it happens.

Although @Chris Wilson will freely admit his opinions are labelled "old fashioned", he has a point:

Men drinking too much - their fault.
Women drinking too much - probably a man has spiked them.

Society still hangs on to this "women are the fairer sex" nonsense and can't possibly do such bad/reckless things as men do. They are human, sex has nothing to do with it

Some women just like getting completely smashed. No judgement on that but I will completely judge the excuse from both men and women of "must have been someone else's fault" where drinking to excess is more likely than being spiked

Soldato
Drinking beyond the point you can't control yourself is never a good thing.

It's very unsafe to do for anyone. I'd say there is a higher vulnerability for women in that situation because of the higher chance of a sexual assault.

I've not seen many cases where a guy was spiked (via a pill) in a club.

Soldato
Needle spiking seems unlikely. Every time I have had an injection I felt it immediately and even if invisible to others could feel pain/bruising in the location the next day.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be illegal, but it's the spiking of alcohol that is the real risk to people, needle spiking feels like sightings of Nessie.

Permabanned
In my (probably professional level of alcohol consumption ;)) experience I have seen far more women, usually young, recklessly and dangerously drunk in public places than men. And women are far more likely to suffer personal interference when intoxicated than a man, so I believe it is reckless for them to have severely diminished awareness in public places. There is indeed a shifting of blame going on here by some immodest women.

Soldato
yes - I thought teetotaling was on the rise in that demographic though ... they obviously have too much grant/pocket money.

report has some interesting remarks
https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm5802/cmselect/cmhaff/967/report.html#heading-4 V
Policy initiatives to reduce both spiking and the fear of it cannot be well-founded or well-targeted without reliable evidence.
Vennture told us the lack of capability in A&E departments to test for drugs or alcohol spiking “perpetuates anecdotal evidence surrounding spiking and hinders investigation”

Julie Spencer, Head of Student Wellbeing at the University of Lincoln, told us that lack of education can lead students inadvertently to spike their friends’ drinks at house parties. “We need to start to educate people about what is a measure of alcohol, for a start… we think we are being friendly, but actually we are over-pouring or free pouring, as the students say

Q140 Ms Abbott: I want to ask our witnesses to reaffirm that they think needle spiking is a new phenomenon. I was struck when we took evidence from a doctor who said that he had not seen any needle spiking before last autumn. While we can understand that people might have reservations about reporting spiking to the police, a doctor either sees victims of needle spiking or does not. Maybe Deputy Chief Constable Harwin could explain why this is suddenly a real thing and not just a media phenomenon.
Deputy Chief Constable Harwin:
...I found that each force was experiencing some level of reported incidences of needle spiking. At the same time, we started to work around social media to understand what was being reported there and found there was lots of activity and concern, and a fear of crime around needle spiking from family and friends
Joy Allen: I can give you an example from Durham, my force. Between October and December, 82 spiking incidents were reported. Of those, 37 were thought to be injection-related. After investigation, that number was reduced to 25, but that is still a significant number and it demonstrates a trend

Both (expert?) witnesses side-stepped Ms Abbotts good question.

Caporegime
OP
it was in the news this week ? - MP's report is out.

I meant incidents of spiking.

Interestingly one of the prominent accusers seemed quite happy with this investigation, presumably because they didn't actually address the massive elephant in the room re: the lack of evidence for this even being a real thing, it's been conflated with regular spiking etc.

So what are we concluding then, literally everyone is lying. :cry:

No, not necessarily, more likey they genuinely believe what they're saying. That doesn't make it true, did any of them claim to witness a person spike them with a needle?

While the needle thing is unlikely to be true, it's worth remembering that:

That's the other thing, even regular spiking (with drugs) is mostly BS, it's generally alcohol, spiking could be someone pouring out too much alcohol into a cocktail or some doucehbag buying a girl a bunch of doubles when she asked for singles etc..

When people try to study spiking (just regular claims of spiking with drugs let alone needle spiking) they don't find the evidence, they find lots of people who have drunk a lot of alcohol.

Needling - evidence suggest not happening
Drink Spiking - evidence proves it happens.

I'd split it down further:

Needling - no evidence, highly implausible
Drink Spiking (with drugs) - evidence shows most claims are incorrect and made by people who simply drank too much, it is plausible though but seemingly very rare
Drink Spiking (with alcohol) - seems to be way more likely to occur than spiking with drugs, claims of having been spiked are still potentially very iffy

Caporegime
Anyone who thinks it's possible to inject drugs into somebody's body without being noticed while surrounded by people in a bar or a nightclub, needs their head examined.

Quite aside from the problem of being noticed immediately (and you would be), there's the not insignificant challenge of finding a vein and penetrating it correctly, which is something medical professionals require training to do.

Soldato
What about the possibility of being spiked (just needle stuck in) after it had been used and was possibly infected, with the intent of giving someone a virus.

Years ago on a night out, I was really drunk and remember being around some guys in the street. The next minute, I felt a pin ***** in my back and my friend said I had a blood patch on my white shirt. I took it off and I did.
The next day I had a small pin like stab mark in my back so went to the local GP to get a blood test. Luckily I was fine but thought it was a possible attack with an infected needle

Permabanned
You can inject without a vein, son has had various self administered injections in the past with a pen style thing but it takes a few seconds to fully administer. I just can see it being feasible in pubs and clubs.

Drink spiking on the other hand is easy.

Man of Honour
You can inject without a vein, son has had various self administered injections in the past with a pen style thing but it takes a few seconds to fully administer. I just can see it being feasible in pubs and clubs.

Also most of us have had Covid jabs, they don't go in a vein but we all know the bit of discomfort we had when it went in.

Permabanned
Yup, assume the needle spiking, if legit, has some other purpose maybe....infection? How much of a dosage do some of these spiking drugs need? Do they actually have to be administered to a vein anyway, can you not just jab someone anywhere?

Soldato
Anyone who thinks it's possible to inject drugs into somebody's body without being noticed while surrounded by people in a bar or a nightclub, needs their head examined.

Quite aside from the problem of being noticed immediately (and you would be), there's the not insignificant challenge of finding a vein and penetrating it correctly, which is something medical professionals require training to do.
Somewhat enlightening that you make that comment and have a pro-vaccination link in your sig...

Caporegime

Yes you can inject without a vein, and that's how vaccines are done (into the muscle). They're done this way for the purpose of keeping the vaccine localised in an area with a large amount of immune cells.

By contrast, if you're trying to drug someone you want a the drug circulating as rapidly as possible, and a vein is best for that purpose.

Either way, it still requires careful placement, so the logistics are not well suited to a surreptitious jab.

Somewhat enlightening that you make that comment and have a pro-vaccination link in your sig...

Not sure why, since I wasn't talking about vaccination, I was talking about drug administration.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom