Netflix here we go again.

"though they might have cottoned on to it by now"

I guess reading is hard for some people? The point was that it did work when he made the video 5 years ago and apparently YouTube were fine with people promoting fraud. It's completely irrelevant whether flight companies changed their practices or not.

I guess we both failed then..

You previously stated

... and if I had lied it still wouldn't be fraud as it wasn't for personal or financial gain, it was simply to pay a fair price.

You aren't gaining financially in any way with what you do?

I did post this earlier quoting your post but then "I guess reading is hard for some people?"

Just doing one test and just giving up isn't how these things tend to work.

True, but that's how is video showed it... One test and portrayed it as working. I merely emulated the conditions in that video.

You aren't gaining financially in any way with what you do?
No, if I buy a month of Netflix my bank balance goes down not up, and Netflix profit from it. I mentioned in my earlier posts the only reason I had Netflix was because I found an option of getting it for a fair price, I wouldn't have bought it at UK prices because I don't use it enough to justify.

No, if I buy a month of Netflix my bank balance goes down not up,

You don't realise that a financial gain is paying less for something than you should? You gain by having that money available for something else.

X is selling for £25
You manage to buy it for £15
You have financially gained by the amount of £10

It's the manner in what you do to make that saving that matters.

Repeating the "fair price" comment doesn't help your argument either.

As I said before - do it all you want. I'm not sure why you feel the need to defend it so vociferously to strangers on a forum. It's like you're trying to defend your reputation because someone says you're doing something wrong and you believe you aren't and have to keep going until you have shown you're right and they are wrong... it's merely a difference of opinion, that's all.

You don't realise that a financial gain is paying less for something than you should? You gain by having that money available for something else.

X is selling for £25
You manage to buy it for £15
You have financially gained by the amount of £10

It's the manner in what you do to make that saving that matters.
You've only financially gained if you would've bought it for £25 or you are able to resell it for more than you paid. My long history of not buying Netflix until I opened a Turkish account in 2022 is clear evidence that is not the case.

Buying Netflix with Turkish gift vouchers is more like:
X makes item for £4
X is selling item for £18 in country A and £6 in country B
You buy and import item from country B for £7
People in country A paying £18 get upset

I'm not sure why you feel the need to defend it so vociferously
You falsely accuse people of committing fraud but you don't understand why people would defend themselves against false accusations? What?

Last edited:
You've only financially gained if you would've bought it for £25 or you are able to resell it for more than you paid.
Fraud Definition: wrongful (or criminal) deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.

Forget the finances. How have you not personally gained?

I'm like Richie, I don't care, I'm not saying I'm not doing it in other ways (I don't know I've even said it's 'Fraud' tbh) and I find it interesting how you're determined to justify it rather than just say, 'I get it, but this way I pay what I feel is a fair price'. I know that's how I look at it. When I said this before, somehow I'm asking you to justify it?! No, I'm just pointing out why I think you're wrong.

Last edited:
Fraud Definition: wrongful (or criminal) deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.

Forget the finances. How have you not personally gained?

I'm like Richie, I don't care, I'm not saying I'm not doing it in other ways (I don't know I've even said it's 'Fraud' tbh) and I find it interesting how you're determined to justify it rather than just say, 'I get it, but this way I pay what I feel is a fair price'. I know that's how I look at it. When I said this before, somehow I'm asking you to justify it?! No, I'm just pointing out why I think you're wrong.
I don't see paying a fair price for a service whereby the seller makes a profit as a personal gain and I doubt any court would as they tend to apply common sense. It's also not wrongful deception if you haven't made any false statements about your location but they have mistakenly assumed based on IP address.

Last edited:
I honestly find it kind of amazing if you really believe that. They didn't actually ask, so the fact you use software to show you being somewhere else, it isn't deception. So... cheat on or significant other, go to various lengths to conceal it because as long as she doesn't actually ask, it's not cheating :cry:

**EDIT** It is kinda funny and it does answer a few questions about humanity and how people go to lengths to justify things rather than just take responsibility, but I'll step out of the conversation as it's a little like talking to your dog tbh. :cry:

Last edited:
I honestly find it kind of amazing if you really believe that. They didn't actually ask, so the fact you use software to show you being somewhere else, it isn't deception. So... cheat on or significant other, go to various lengths to conceal it because as long as she doesn't actually ask, it's not cheating :cry:

**EDIT** It is kinda funny and it does answer a few questions about humanity and how people go to lengths to justify things rather than just take responsibility, but I'll step out of the conversation as it's a little like talking to your dog tbh. :cry:
You're conveniently missing out a key word there, it's not wrongful deception. Are you seriously trying to compare connecting to a web server in another country whilst registering a Netflix account to cheating on a significant other? If mental gymnastics was a sport you'd get a gold medal.

I am really confused, are you saying people shouldn't use VPN's to subscribe to services so it costs less? Or are you saying the person should admit it is fraud?

My dads been piggy backing off mine for years. Tbh I’d forgotten all about it until a few years ago when i changed my password and he phone up. Lol

Well they caught up with him. So now he has a slot on my account.

I am really confused, are you saying people shouldn't use VPN's to subscribe to services so it costs less? Or are you saying the person should admit it is fraud?
To appease some on here...

Next time you go on holiday to turkey, india or maybe the phillipines just sign up for a new account then yeah?

:)

None of this utterly disgracefull criminal deception involved, simply wanted summit to watch when on holiday yeah

I get the argument on both sides but having said that you can’t really compare the prices of things from other places as it’s all relative.

Look at the big mac index it costs $7.73 in swiss land but $2.39 in Taiwan, you can’t exactly say right they’re still making a profit in Taiwan so $2.39 is a fair price for it right across the board. Doesn’t quite work like that.

They 100% have higher running costs for their servers in the UK right across the board. Higher wages for the up keep as well.

Be interesting to see how much profit they make per account over the two different price tags.

Doesn't matter how much it costs anywhere, nor how much it costs to supply.
The whole principle of the sale of goods is that the supplier sets the price and you decide to pay it or not. Or haggle if you think you can.

You can't walk into Fortnam and Mason and say your only paying £1 a bag for X because thats what Aldi charge, put your £1 down and walk out with it.

No thats not the same thing at all.
Your talking of a different country, you wouldn't go to France to buy your shopping would you.
Online I would, I bought something from Amazon France a couple of months ago because it was much cheaper.

Doesn't matter how much it costs anywhere, nor how much it costs to supply.
The whole principle of the sale of goods is that the supplier sets the price and you decide to pay it or not. Or haggle if you think you can.
Even if you hike the price of a life saving pill from $17.50 to $750 overnight?

Back
Top Bottom