Netflix here we go again.

Online I would, I bought something from Amazon France a couple of months ago because it was much cheaper.

Even if you hike the price of a life saving pill from $17.50 to $750 overnight?

Many probably have, Amazon pricing can be bizarre. Amazon do not attempt to restrict that activity.

Yes even then. Thats how our law works.

I tried again with the vpn and turkish gift cards and yes it looks to be possible to do even for a numpty like me but i decided not to go ahead. I'd only save about £3.50 per month and i'd have to mess around each month (not much messing at all, but doing it the normal way has zero friction), but the main reason is i don't want to risk getting banned by Netflix for breaking their rules, there's family in my home who really enjoy Netflix and if i got us banned for the sake of £3.50 i'd be gutted for them (unlikely to happen i know but...).

Just a quick question.

I have a 4K TV and I'm thinking about restarting my Netflix account. Is the £10.99 a month 1080P tier sufficient or is the 4K/HDR tier worth the extra?

I'm aware that even with the best will in the world you can stream to match the quality of a 4K disc (to which I am an avid collector of).

Any thoughts on this would be greatly received please and thank you.

1080p plan is fine, I think the PQ looks great on my lg OLED 55”. I used to sub to 4k plan but with the price rises I dropped down.
The fact that not everything is in 4k/hdr, only Netflix original stuff I think, it just didn’t seem worth it to me.

I wish they did a 4k plan for an individual user, at a cheaper price, never needed the extra streams.

Have had a Turkish account for years, I certainly wouldn't lose any sleep if they cancelled my account. The ball is in their court, they either continue to be happy with what I am paying or they lose that amount and a customer. No way would I pay what they charge in the UK. Could happily live without Netflix.

Reactions: TNA
I'm going to hell as:
Netflix-Turkey
Epic games store-Turkey
Xbox (games)-Turkey
PlayStation (games+sub)-Turkey
Youtube Premium-Turkey
Adobe CC-Lebanon

:cry:

At least you won't be cold! :D What is the crack with Xbox games? You used to just be able to buy them with a credit / gift card, but it stopped working a while ago. Is there another work around?

I tried again with the vpn and turkish gift cards and yes it looks to be possible to do even for a numpty like me but i decided not to go ahead. I'd only save about £3.50 per month and i'd have to mess around each month (not much messing at all, but doing it the normal way has zero friction), but the main reason is i don't want to risk getting banned by Netflix for breaking their rules, there's family in my home who really enjoy Netflix and if i got us banned for the sake of £3.50 i'd be gutted for them (unlikely to happen i know but...).
Which plan are you only saving £3.50 on? I didn't work out the others but on the premium plan you save over £11 per month currently. If they ban your account then you can just go back to your old UK Netflix account and import the profiles. You don't need to mess around each month either, just add 3-4 months worth of vouchers at a time.

Which plan are you only saving £3.50 on? I didn't work out the others but on the premium plan you save over £11 per month currently. If they ban your account then you can just go back to your old UK Netflix account and import the profiles. You don't need to mess around each month either, just add 3-4 months worth of vouchers at a time.
On the basic plan. On the bitrefill site i could only find Netflix gift cards for 100 or 200 lira, the plan i wanted is 99 lira, i think that's about £2.90, the uk plan is £6.99. My bitcoin transaction fee is about £1. But yeh you're right i could buy several gift cards at once so i wouldn't accrue so many btc transaction fees, didn't think of that. About the banning, yeah i could restart my old account if i got banned. Hmm i probably will try it tomorrow, thx.

On the basic plan. On the bitrefill site i could only find Netflix gift cards for 100 or 200 lira, the plan i wanted is 99 lira, i think that's about £2.90, the uk plan is £6.99. My bitcoin transaction fee is about £1. But yeh you're right i could buy several gift cards at once so i wouldn't accrue so many btc transaction fees, didn't think of that. About the banning, yeah i could restart my old account if i got banned. Hmm i probably will try it tomorrow, thx.
When I top up my Bitrefill account I use a low fee, something like £0.10 for a £500 transaction. If you're paying a £1 transaction fee for a 200 lira gift card that's no good, I would just use G2A instead.

Edit: I just checked G2A and you can get a 200 lira card for $7.99 (£6.57) from a seller with a good reputation, and you can pay with a fee free card like Revolut.

Also don't forget there's a 30 day region lock now for new accounts, so pick the cheapest plan as the first month will get wasted unless you can watch through the VPN for the first 30 days.

Last edited:
At least you won't be cold! :D What is the crack with Xbox games? You used to just be able to buy them with a credit / gift card, but it stopped working a while ago. Is there another work around?

You can purchase with a Turkish FUPS loadable card but unless you already have one, I do, you need Turkish ID as they cracked down a few weeks back. Same with PlayStation.

Never actually paid for Apple TV+, had well over 18 months free from Currys and Barclays offers, but that's a scandalous jump.

Gonna have a lot of disposable income if these companies keep raising their prices.

They are on the limit I'd say for price rises.
For the majority I don't think there's much left to gouge out.

Its a tricky one.. Thier costs are fixed. If 10-100-1000000 people subscribe it still costs the same. (barring weird licence deals with content producers) to make.

So if they start losing customers.. Its pure profit loss.

If you paid for Netflix, Disney and apple you must be looking at 30ppm now?

I had £9.19 credit, that's just been used up, once that runs out, I'm not renewing at their new price for the top tier. I just don't seem to eat h much on there.
Might do the £5pm for the kids, with adverts, then maybe once every 3months, do a month and binge anything I want to watch.

Back
Top Bottom