Netflix here we go again.

Soldato
Cancelled netflix subscriptions could be good for the public health with this weeks Nuffield statistics - perhaps service needs the equivalent of a sugar tax ie

Almost half of women have done no vigorous exercise in the past 12 months with a majority saying they lacked motivation, a survey has suggested.
The percentages are lower for men, with just over a third saying they had not exercised in that period and half citing a lack of motivation, according

how many people are watching netflix whilst on a treadmill/bike, swimming pool, the old adage V
Why Don't You Just Switch Off Your Television Set and Go and Do Something Less Boring Instead?

Soldato
This is definitely worth a watch and explains the reason behind Netflix's decline rather well:

Yeah that was a pretty good video,

The woke content was definitely something which I struggled with, every other show felt like I was watching some sort of US west coast inspired social re-education lesson.

I cancelled a while back and don’t miss it,

Soldato
My netflix sub has expired. I was doing the Turkey gift cards and account sharing so basically free for me, and I still didn't renew lol

Just not enough good content. Last thing I did watch was grey man and that was very meh.

You know, I might restart Plex and torrents back up. The system has become too fragmented.

Caporegime
Ditched Disney (well the trial is still going) but exhausted the content. Very quickly

Netflix has some new stuff so back on that. But unfortunately with all the splintering now no services are good enough to keep all year.

Some have only one thing. Unfortunately I get that content by other means

Associate
Cancellled mine today. Got tilll start of Sept so can finish Bcs.

Content is very patchy, especially for movies, since Netflix started producing their own stuff, the amount of recent cinema releases has fallen away, occasionaly adding old stuff ive seen numerous times doesnt do it for me anymore.

Pretty fed up with the constant stream of Netflix exclusive movies that are dull generic action films that inexplicably cost $100 million dollars and then some, Day Shift being the latest godawfull example.

Soldato
I think amazon is better than Netflix at the moment. I have prime and a friends log in for Netflix.
Don't have to pay extra for HDR and 4k where available and enjoying more thoughtfull content like Richard ayoades travel man and James mays man in Italy.
Netflix just seems to be mostly dross.
Well so is amazon to be fair but I think they are better at the moment.
to be honest I would say Netflix has a slight.edge over prime for TV / film content but not much in it.

but that said amazon prime is cheaper, you get books, and you get music and you also get free postage even on a Sunday as well as various big discounts. every month I get a bunch of videogames too free to keep from prime gaming (which is the worst advertised feature going imo I reckon half of prime users don't even know about prime gaming )

as an over all package prime blows Netflix out of the water imo

Soldato
to be honest I would say Netflix has a slight.edge over prime for TV / film content but not much in it.

but that said amazon prime is cheaper, you get books, and you get music and you also get free postage even on a Sunday as well as various big discounts. every month I get a bunch of videogames too free to keep from prime gaming (which is the worst advertised feature going imo I reckon half of prime users don't even know about prime gaming )

Yeh I get my monies worth just on postage costs, and then..
The free morrisons supermarket deliveries for orders over £40
Prime video

Reactions: VTR
Soldato

I keep forgetting to check what games are free on there lol.

Caporegime

Prime is worth it if you make use of the services.

Its not worth it for me as I didnt really like the content in prime and I rarely shop on amazon.

For TV I rate like this (year ago I had a prime trial)

Netflix
Disney+
Prime

Soldato
different strokes etc etc

I must admit I am binge watching Netflix at the moment and barely watching anything else but only because I am cancelling in January so am on a time limit

Associate
Cancelled netflix subscriptions could be good for the public health with this weeks Nuffield statistics - perhaps service needs the equivalent of a sugar tax ie

Almost half of women have done no vigorous exercise in the past 12 months with a majority saying they lacked motivation, a survey has suggested.
The percentages are lower for men, with just over a third saying they had not exercised in that period and half citing a lack of motivation, according

how many people are watching netflix whilst on a treadmill/bike, swimming pool, the old adage V
Why Don't You Just Switch Off Your Television Set and Go and Do Something Less Boring Instead?
Eh? The others I get but how are you watching Netflix while swimming? :p

On a serious note which way are you saying it goes? More people sit at home watching Netflix or more people exercise while watching?

My initial reaction was the former but I'm not a gym goer so I've got no idea how big a thing that is.

Soldato
Eh? The others I get but how are you watching Netflix while swimming? :p

On a serious note which way are you saying it goes? More people sit at home watching Netflix or more people exercise while watching?

My initial reaction was the former but I'm not a gym goer so I've got no idea how big a thing that is.
Maybe it's that person who has a inside pool that's 2m long :cry: .

Permabanned
This is the latest article for Netflix saying the password sharing is coming next year.

Also we are all breaking the law by using images in social media.

In guidance published last week, the IPO said: ‘Pasting internet images into your social media without permission, or accessing films, tv series or live sports events through Kodi boxes, hacked Fire Sticks or apps without paying a subscription is an infringement of copyright and you may be committing a crime.’

Caporegime
This is the latest article for Netflix saying the password sharing is coming next year.

Also we are all breaking the law by using images in social media.

In guidance published last week, the IPO said: ‘Pasting internet images into your social media without permission, or accessing films, tv series or live sports events through Kodi boxes, hacked Fire Sticks or apps without paying a subscription is an infringement of copyright and you may be committing a crime.’
Blimey, I better get rid of my fire TV setup quickly………not!

Couldnt be less worried if I tried. They haven’t got nearly enough resources to track all these people and services down.

Soldato
Blimey, I better get rid of my fire TV setup quickly………not!

Couldnt be less worried if I tried. They haven’t got nearly enough resources to track all these people and services down.

Well it will be private prosecution so they get the money back from the defendant. This isnt a government body that is starved of funding.

Back
Top Bottom