Netflix here we go again.

Permabanned
Still not worried. They’ll go after the service providers more than the users.

That’s exactly what they would do.

I’ve never seen a user prosecuted for downloading torrents.

Never seen a user prosecuted for downloading music.

It’s more the distributors they go for. With Netflix problems it won’t be the people sharing passwords either more that Netflix has to change their ways.

Last edited:
Soldato

It’s more the distributors they go for. With Netflix problems it won’t be the people sharing passwords either more that Netflix has to change their ways.

No doing that is also a waste of time, if the purpose is money.

Adobe for example have solved it, https://dazeinfo.com/2019/11/07/adobe-quarterly-revenue-by-region-graphfarm/

Guess when they introduced the subcription model

Edit: I mean netflix is already solved that problem due to a subcription model, you can only view 4 devices at the same time on my package which is the top one. Basic is only 1, someone can use your account yes, but you cannot share it with thousands of people.

Last edited:
Soldato

People absolutely get stung for torrenting. It's not common but every now and again the owner of X property will set up a trap and screw someone for thousands if they can get the ISP to rat you out.

However it doesn't seem to be the downloading part they'll get you done but the uploading of anything at all even if its partial.

Permabanned
People absolutely get stung for torrenting. It's not common but every now and again the owner of X property will set up a trap and screw someone for thousands if they can get the ISP to rat you out.

However it doesn't seem to be the downloading part they'll get you done but the uploading of anything at all even if its partial.

I’ve never once heard of someone been in trouble for torrenting. I know letters were sent out but I assumed people would stop or encrypt the traffic after that.

Caporegime
Guessing a lot of parents share there netflix with their young kids + Teenagers and am guessing many will cancel if they can't do this

Many have cancelled simply due to cost of living. I have cancelled sky sports, bt sports, Netflix and Disney+. Only have Prime left simply due to free delivery. That has saved me a good £100 a month to offset increased energy costs.

Soldato
Just watched the new top gun and new Dexter content in on paramount plus and cancelled as nothing else on there that looks any good.

The golden age of streaming is over, too many services full of mediocre content. Might has well hoist the jolly Roger back up.

Permabanned
Just watched the new top gun and new Dexter content in on paramount plus and cancelled as nothing else on there that looks any good.

The golden age of streaming is over, too many services full of mediocre content. Might has well hoist the jolly Roger back up.

I think it’s all down to licensing causing the issues. Certain streaming places have more/less rights than others and can o my show certain content.

We are experiencing the split services.

Soldato
Many have cancelled simply due to cost of living. I have cancelled sky sports, bt sports, Netflix and Disney+. Only have Prime left simply due to free delivery. That has saved me a good £100 a month to offset increased energy costs.
Am looking at cancelling sky myself at start of new year. And am also going be cancelling my apple TV+
was meant to of cancelled Apple TV before they took payment on the 20th Dec but I forgot to cancel it :o

Not sure yet about Netflix as my 14 year old niece watches stuff on it all the time,
but if I get stopped from being able to share my account with her then it will be cancelled for sure

Last edited:
Caporegime
Wonder what will happen when Netflix invokes its no password sharing?

Will more people sign up than leave?

We only lasted 3 months without Netflix before going back.

Soldato

What new dexter content!?

Back
Top Bottom