Netflix here we go again.

Associate
I binned Netflix ages ago; what finally did it for me was the lack of good content on there. I would think of a film, search for it, and it wouldn't be available at all, or not in my country. I have a Plex server, so I can pick and choose the content we watch and it's stored indefinitely locally.

Associate
Raid or with some software? Just checking I know people who thinks it’s ok. It to have backups that’s all. Would hate to lose data. It’s the reason I don’t have my own and I stick to streaming.
Raid. I think my biggest problem would be if an update became corrupted, though I don't think Synology is installed on the main disks; however, I could be wrong. Most of it is on another drive somewhere and it's not a massive collection.

Commissario
Netflix is flooded with poorly dubbed foreign content.
Which if you're in the country that made that content is local content in it's original language ;) (given netflix is operating all over the world it makes sense for them to make everything they can available everywhere they can).
One of the things I give Netflix a lot of credit for is that they make it very easy to select what language you watch something in, and to both turn on subs AND customise them to what you need (size, colour, location on screen, and font*), which means they're by far the best of any of the streaming services I've tried if you do want/need subtitles as you can adjust for what is best for you and your display.

They're actually better than any of the services I've tried where the primary content is not English in content because someone at netflix seems to have spent a fair bit of time looking at what works on different screen sizes, and what works for people with different accessibility issues.

*For example I can set them to be close the old Animiego sub standard which is still the best i've seen on Anime releases (two contrasting colours so the sub stands out regardless of what's on screen), boxed subs, small subs at the bottom of the screen or large ones at the top IIRC, subs in about 3 different fonts (with or without shadows and boxes) etc.

Soldato
Which if you're in the country that made that content is local content in it's original language ;) (given netflix is operating all over the world it makes sense for them to make everything they can available everywhere they can).
One of the things I give Netflix a lot of credit for is that they make it very easy to select what language you watch something in, and to both turn on subs AND customise them to what you need (size, colour, location on screen, and font*), which means they're by far the best of any of the streaming services I've tried if you do want/need subtitles as you can adjust for what is best for you and your display.

They're actually better than any of the services I've tried where the primary content is not English in content because someone at netflix seems to have spent a fair bit of time looking at what works on different screen sizes, and what works for people with different accessibility issues.

*For example I can set them to be close the old Animiego sub standard which is still the best i've seen on Anime releases (two contrasting colours so the sub stands out regardless of what's on screen), boxed subs, small subs at the bottom of the screen or large ones at the top IIRC, subs in about 3 different fonts (with or without shadows and boxes) etc.
Prime and apple TV have some nice options for sub text and audio as well

Commissario
Prime and apple TV have some nice options for sub text and audio as well
Aye i've had a poke with Prime's settings and they're nice, but not quite as comprehensive :)

I have to set them up for my dad, and to be honest after playing with netflix i'm a bit spoiled these days as it's a far cry from some of the old DVD's* or worse tapes so i'm being a bit picky.

*I've got a few fairly big name foreign films on DVD where the distributors didn't bother to get a clean print and use sub overlays so the subs blend into the picture at times as they used the projection prints with the "burned in" ones.

Permabanned

Soldato
Netflix More like ***flix or pooflix I dunno.

Low effort attempt lol.

I unsubbed from them pretty recently, its just so much better to illegally download their content.
They say we wouldn't download a car, I would.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom