Netgear D7000 VDSL modem/router

Managed to last 2 days on version 16 firmware and now locking up constantly again.

Interestingly the wireless at lockup had generated a duplicate SSID of one of my networks adding .b to the end of the existing name, which I had not noticed before (not that I could connect to that either).

I don't get this michty... I cannot see it being Sky related as it's connecting to the same OR network, the only difference is the option 61/60 to get and address off Sky's DHCP server.

I would like to see the stats of the guys who are having issues, i.e. BCM or ECI DSLAM, SNR etc.

The only other possibility is a bad batch of either D7000's or power supplies.

Edit....

Actually that's tosh, if it's locking up it cannot be line related.

Last edited:
Managed to last 2 days on version 16 firmware and now locking up constantly again.

Interestingly the wireless at lockup had generated a duplicate SSID of one of my networks adding .b to the end of the existing name, which I had not noticed before (not that I could connect to that either).

Are you using both 2.4 & 5Ghz and guest WiFi?

How many clients are connected when it locks up or does it happen when there is little activity client wise?

I don't get this michty... I cannot see it being Sky related as it's connecting to the same OR network, the only difference is the option 61/60 to get and address off Sky's DHCP server.

I would like to see the stats of the guys who are having issues, i.e. BCM or ECI DSLAM, SNR etc.

The only other possibility is a bad batch of either D7000's or power supplies.

Edit....

Actually that's tosh, if it's locking up it cannot be line related.

It's either an issue for sky users or a freak coincidence that all affected are on sky. Best way to find out woukd be to use a known good one on a sky connection I guess.

Yes 2.4 and 5 with Guest disabled on both

Up to 5-6 clients generally connected, although also drops out with low activity.

OK, nothing wierd there then but you lose both LAN and WiFi. On the LAN side of your network, are you using multiple ports on the router and are there any wifi other wifi repeaters? I'm looking there to see if there might be an issue with loops.

Are you using the USB ports?

hello, I finally got round to purchasing this router and it was a piece of cake to install. The only issue i had was that i could not seem to get the username from my SR101 so used the one from my older Sagem one which works some how.

The issue im having is that the internet drops out when i start actually using it. If i leave it and not use it the connection will remain fine for hours on end but after i start using it for a few minutes it will drop out???? The Noise margin is slowly creeping up (started at 7 now at 10) and along with it the speed has dropped but the drop outs are still the same.

any idea what i can do? its stable with the SR101 and i tried to replace the SR101 with an ASUS DSL-AC68U but that was also dropping out. Surely it cant be anything to do with using the old sagem login details?

Thanks for any assistance

You really need to get the one from the SR101. Have you been over to the Skyuser forum and looked at the extracting passwords etc. The calculator works well too. Also, spoof the mac address ( WAN ) of the SR101 on the Netgear.

Are you VDSL or ADSL?

I am going to take another look at it, all the calculators i tried just wouldn't work for the SR101 for some reason :-(

I am ASDL unfortunately, but yes i will put the mac address in on the Netgear.

To clarify, the details on the back of the SR101 are the details i use on the calculators like the Sagem yeah?

Thanks for the help :)

I am going to take another look at it, all the calculators i tried just wouldn't work for the SR101 for some reason :-(

I am ASDL unfortunately, but yes i will put the mac address in on the Netgear.

To clarify, the details on the back of the SR101 are the details i use on the calculators like the Sagem yeah?

Thanks for the help :)

Good youtube video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vvmn3xI77Os

I prefer the wireshark method as that's definately what the supplied router is sending to the DHCP servers.

the wireshark method worked great :-) now running with the SR101 details including MAC address.

Cheers!

Do you know if its possible to adjust the noise margin at all?

Is it running without dropping the connection now?

There is a command to set the SNR but it doesn't work for me on VDSL. You'll need to telnet into the router. Go back through this thread to find the instructions for doing so.

Once in the shell issue the command xdslctl --help, that will list all the commands. It's something like

xdslctl configure --snr 80

That would reduce it to about 5db from 6db, but as I said, I could not get it to work, if you do, then do let me know..

Has anyone had an issue connecting this up to a wireless printer?

I've got a Canon MG5250 and just wasted 2 hours of my life trying to get them to talk to each other. I've tried everything I can think and as far as I can tell the router simply will not assign the printer an IP address. I even tried reserving the IP for the MAC address.

The printer will not connect when there is any security on (my old netgear router using WPA2-SPK works fine). If I turn off the security then the printer does connect but the IP address on the router remains blank and the device shows an IP of 169. something so it's clearly not being assigned by my DHCP which starts 192.

Does anyone have any ideas please? This is driving me mad.

Has anyone had an issue connecting this up to a wireless printer?

I've got a Canon MG5250 and just wasted 2 hours of my life trying to get them to talk to each other. I've tried everything I can think and as far as I can tell the router simply will not assign the printer an IP address. I even tried reserving the IP for the MAC address.

The printer will not connect when there is any security on (my old netgear router using WPA2-SPK works fine). If I turn off the security then the printer does connect but the IP address on the router remains blank and the device shows an IP of 169. something so it's clearly not being assigned by my DHCP which starts 192.

Does anyone have any ideas please? This is driving me mad.

Well, went away, came back, didn't have many more ideas but tried switching the mode to 54Mbps for my 2G network and it seems to be working now. Will try some more options another night..

Back
Top Bottom