NeverWinter

Soldato
Currently Level 33 Great Weapon Fighter (Barin on Mindflayer)

Going well tbh.. Just unsure about this whole companion business, It doesn't appear I can buy a Healer Companion from the store if I felt the need to "upgrade" my Level 15 Cleric though.

Am I just being blind? I can see the 360 Token Angel but no other "healer" type.

Soldato
I think i've hit a wall with this.
Solo play is taking way way way too many potions....the fact that you cant move while attacking and you have to finish the animation before you CAN move, means you have to eat a lot of hits, specially in groups.

Playing on my 2hand guy atm, just found out the pleasure of mighty leap :D
Taking a lot of damage that I cant avoid because I'm rooted in place.
Enemies have started using frequent AoE abilities and when you are trying to deal with groups then it just becomes a cluster **** because you have to eat most the damage before you get out the circle, chugging potions like a boss...
Also single target damage is just bad on the 2hand guy, takes forever to take down 1 guy (not he goons that die in like 3 swings but the guys who are usually with them). The class is designed around AoE I know that but still ST damage is horrible, specially when you have to eat most the damage if you dont want to be there forever.

Associate
In the last few mmo's we almost become the unofficial OcUk guild, just read the sw.tor thread or even the GW2 one.

We on Dragon m8 if you want a invite, whisper Araelen, Oberyn, Railgun, Sengar.

See signature for web site

Have been waiting on confirmation email for a couple of hours now so I can register and join. Can't find 'The Immortals' or 'Immortals' on Dragon server, is that the name of the guild?

Soldato
Also single target damage is just bad on the 2hand guy, takes forever to take down 1 guy (not he goons that die in like 3 swings but the guys who are usually with them). The class is designed around AoE I know that but still ST damage is horrible, specially when you have to eat most the damage if you dont want to be there forever.

You should try the rogue, immense single target dps and you can theoretically attack clusters of mobs with constant stealth !! they stand there with no clue where you are :p

btw Nem, I can't recall my login details for Immortals site .. name is Xeho if you can send me new details plz

Associate
me and the wife are apparently in the same instance but cant see each other- i also don't have the option of joining her or inviting her to a party so is there anyone out there that could help? :confused:

Soldato
Bit confused with the rough astral diamonds, why have them in the game? Is there anything else you can do with them other than refine them into astral diamonds?

Permabanned
Have been waiting on confirmation email for a couple of hours now so I can register and join. Can't find 'The Immortals' or 'Immortals' on Dragon server, is that the name of the guild?

Yup that's the name whats your account sign up name on the web site, every now and then we have this problem, that's why we looking for a new web site admin :(

Just PM your sign-up name and I will manually do it for you, as for the game If you looking for a Guild Invite, contact: Araelen, Oberyn, Railgun, Sengar in-game

Permabanned
You should try the rogue, immense single target dps and you can theoretically attack clusters of mobs with constant stealth !! they stand there with no clue where you are :p

btw Nem, I can't recall my login details for Immortals site .. name is Xeho if you can send me new details plz

Done m8, sent trust message with details

Last edited:
Soldato
Bit confused with the rough astral diamonds, why have them in the game? Is there anything else you can do with them other than refine them into astral diamonds?

It's basically a way to artificially control the market, they only allow you to refine 24,000 AD a day, thus limiting how much you can realistically spend.. It is supposed to encourage you to purchase Zen, and convert the zen to AD instead..

Soldato
Made a Halfling Guardian (which is odd for me since I'm usualy a healer type), gotta say race selection is pretty good allthough humans seem abit OP

Tempted to buy a founders pack cause the game is pretty enjoyable for a F2P

Only thing that did annoy me was I did a fan made mission, spent about 40 minutes doing it just to have it reset when I entered the area it told me too :mad:

Soldato
Made a Halfling Guardian (which is odd for me since I'm usualy a healer type), gotta say race selection is pretty good allthough humans seem abit OP

Tempted to buy a founders pack cause the game is pretty enjoyable for a F2P

Only thing that did annoy me was I did a fan made mission, spent about 40 minutes doing it just to have it reset when I entered the area it told me too :mad:

I really like the game, problem is my final exams start this Wednesday :p

Only reason I'd buy a founders pack is so I can get a Drow, although they don't have the option to let you race swap I think. Also $200 for a Drow?! No thanks.

Associate
Yup that's the name whats your account sign up name on the web site, every now and then we have this problem, that's why we looking for a new web site admin :(

Just PM your sign-up name and I will manually do it for you, as for the game If you looking for a Guild Invite, contact: Araelen, Oberyn, Railgun, Sengar in-game

Just got the confirmation email through eventually thanks! Applied and all so will wait on that comin through (name is Seyline@Seylinee in game)

Soldato
So I signed up as Creomortis on Dragon.

I've reached level 10 as a rogue so here are my initial impressions:

For skills there are Feats and I think it was heroic points (may be wrong). Anyway Feats you seem to spend points on to unlock abilities and then upgrade them through 3 tiers, the last tier being unlocked at level 20.
You get one point at level 5 and then 1 point each level there on.
The higher skill sets are locked by level caps, so you must reach level 15 for the next set and 20 there after and so on.
Feats are interesting, they give your characters different skills and are guarenteed to unlock. The only freedom you have here is deciding what gets upgraded first.
As there is quite a selection of skills you will find yourself having to choose between particular ones.
The first skill type you will encounter this issue with is "daily" skills, despite the name they can be used more than once a day, they just require stamina which fills up over time or from other skills you receive from higher levels.
Feats appear to be balanced between pvp and pve and then further balanced between group and single play. It's cool having the options but it feels overwhelming even for a veteran of mmos like myself, especially as the character development doesn't end with feats but continues with heroic points ( i think thats the name).
Now instead of adding skills heroic feats seem to upgrade your abilities or grant you bonuses. There are three tiers here, but this is where it gets confusing. All tiers seem to share offensive and defensive capabilities that seem to create the same end result. I didn't spend too much time on this as there were so many upgrade paths and skills to compare. I guess this encourages A LOT of respeccing which incidentally costs zen (a bought currency I believe).

The action is fast paced and I leveled easily from 1-10 solo.
I'm not impressed by the dodge system at all. It appears to be there to dodge the "big" attacks which can be done easily without the dodge system anyway due to the pre animations of the mobs.
Enemies are not interrupted when being attacked either, my crowd control abilities have quite long cool downs so these have to be timed correctly to be of any use. The issue here though is the fact that you will very rarely meet individual mobs, they are usually grouped.
I imagine rogue will have a much easier time in pvp than pve from what I can see though. PVE side they will be the standard prime dps role (there were a lot of threat lowering abilities in the skill trees)

The social aspect seemed quite dull, I didn't feel the need to group with anyone nor did anyone attempt to group with me. Maybe I'm too low level... we will see. I'll stick with it a little while longer but I think this is going to be another throw away mmo.

Associate
The action is fast paced and I leveled easily from 1-10 solo.
I'm not impressed by the dodge system at all. It appears to be there to dodge the "big" attacks which can be done easily without the dodge system anyway due to the pre animations of the mobs.
Enemies are not interrupted when being attacked either, my crowd control abilities have quite long cool downs so these have to be timed correctly to be of any use. The issue here though is the fact that you will very rarely meet individual mobs, they are usually grouped.
I imagine rogue will have a much easier time in pvp than pve from what I can see though. PVE side they will be the standard prime dps role (there were a lot of threat lowering abilities in the skill trees)

The social aspect seemed quite dull, I didn't feel the need to group with anyone nor did anyone attempt to group with me. Maybe I'm too low level... we will see. I'll stick with it a little while longer but I think this is going to be another throw away mmo.

Enemies can be interrupted when attacking, with my Control Wizard I do it all the time, maybe it is a class thing.

Once you hit level 30 or so, you will feel the need to group. My suggestion is get a guild, as the game is best enjoyed with friends or guildies, just like D&D.

Soldato
Do people tend to roleplay a lot in this game?
I noticed some player created quests, one of which i accidentally took and ended up spending a good while on (I am slayer).
I never really got into that aspect on wow as there were specific servers for that kind of thing.

Last edited:
Associate
Do people tend to roleplay a lot in this game?
I noticed some player created quests, one of which i accidentally took and ended up spending a good while on (I am slayer).
I never really got into that aspect on wow as there were specific servers for that kind of thing.

I honestly couldn't tell you mate, I am apart of a guild which is formed from a Twitch tv broadcaster. So it is filled with D&D vets, D&D novices, and people who have never heard of D&D. If I am in a group with a few vets, we may RP a little, just for a bit of a laugh, and it is surprising how much you can get into it really.

The Foundry (User Generated Content) is the lynchpin for this game. Leveling is fairly quick and easy, so the Foundry (aswell as heroic versions of dungeons) will be the end game, until future expansions. Some of them are really well done, and the game has only been out a fortnight? I am genuinely intrigued what will pop up for the users within the next few months when people get to grips with the Foundry and what it can really do.

On a unrelated point, I was told the other day, that the current server division will soon be gone, and it will be one mega server. Anyone else hear this?

Soldato
The user generated content definitely peaked my interest, I wouldn't mind having a go at it myself.
Mega server would be awesome.

What guild are you in and can I join?

Associate
I think i've hit a wall with this.
Solo play is taking way way way too many potions....the fact that you cant move while attacking and you have to finish the animation before you CAN move, means you have to eat a lot of hits, specially in groups.

Playing on my 2hand guy atm, just found out the pleasure of mighty leap :D
Taking a lot of damage that I cant avoid because I'm rooted in place.
Enemies have started using frequent AoE abilities and when you are trying to deal with groups then it just becomes a cluster **** because you have to eat most the damage before you get out the circle, chugging potions like a boss...

GWF is currently badly broken below level 45 especially on single-target DPS, although it is supposed to improves after then. I have outDPSed them consistently on all the other classes I have tried (sometime by a factor of 3) such as my Rogue, Control Wizard and most hilariously my Cleric.

Yes, that's right up - in dungeon groups my ranged-attack (and obviously self-healing so no pots needed) level 35 Healer has outDPSed every single GWF I have partied with.

Back
Top Bottom