*NEW* 2015 Dell Inspiron 15 - 7559, i7 6700HQ/GTX960M owners thread

Hi, this forum has been very useful for me. I was planning on buying this laptop today (i7 6700hq, 1tb hybrid ram, gtx 960M, 8gb ram) and I was just wondering what the battery life is like for you guys when word processing and browsing the internet? Thanks

Battery life is very good for general use. I managed just over 6 hours yesterday before needing a charge.

yeah pretty decent battery wise, and my stickers were put on a dodgy angle so think they're getting removed tonight! finally set windows 10 up the way I want it although my tiles are probably different to a lot of people as i just have the majority on small then arranged how I wanted them! :) is there anyway to have your mail have a password on it, as when i load my laptop up I want others to be able to use it but don't want them having access to mail and things?..

Not sure about mail. You can set up a guest account for others to use. Have a look in the Windows 10 forum.

Hi guys, probably gonna pick one of these up for video editing / light gaming. Where can I get it for £700 though? Google search didn't reveal much. Trust message would be appreciated ;)

It was a valentines offer code from Dell. People have managed the same discount by opening a chat and asking for a discount so worth a try.

For £700 it's a great machine and hard to be beaten tbh...

It was a valentines offer code from Dell. People have managed the same discount by opening a chat and asking for a discount so worth a try.

For £700 it's a great machine and hard to be beaten tbh...

Ohh I see, will have to give that a go :) Thanks. And yeah, can't find anything as good as this for the money!

Ohh I see, will have to give that a go :) Thanks. And yeah, can't find anything as good as this for the money!

I ended up swindling it down to £674 by some VIP thing, but yeah literally if you want it down to £694, just load up a dell live chat say your thinking of buying the laptop but your budget doesn't stretch about £700, and would they be able to help you out and apply a discount as your wanting to buy it today? and they'll knock it down to £694 for you!

I ended up swindling it down to £674 by some VIP thing, but yeah literally if you want it down to £694, just load up a dell live chat say your thinking of buying the laptop but your budget doesn't stretch about £700, and would they be able to help you out and apply a discount as your wanting to buy it today? and they'll knock it down to £694 for you!

Just on the chat thing now, I've been quoted £696.58 including shipping so I'm happy with that! £674 would've been nice tho hehe :)

edit: Yep got it for that, exciting!

Last edited:
Just on the chat thing now, I've been quoted £696.58 including shipping so I'm happy with that! £674 would've been nice tho hehe :)

edit: Yep got it for that, exciting!

Cool sure you'll enjoy it they usually quote like 2 weeks for delivery mine arrived a 5 days early! :) and believe others did too and most of us got the LG screens too so good luck to you and welcome to the 7559 Owners Club! ha

Cool sure you'll enjoy it they usually quote like 2 weeks for delivery mine arrived a 5 days early! :) and believe others did too and most of us got the LG screens too so good luck to you and welcome to the 7559 Owners Club! ha

Sounds good, hope I get the good screen too, how can you tell though? And thanks for the welcome :P

I didn't actually get an "Order Confirmation" email yet, only a "Booking Reference" hopefully this is normal? I was told I'd get an order confirmation email this morning though :p

yeah it usually comes through a little later, same with the order info you'll be like why have i been given nothing then all of a sudden you'll want to murder them via live chat or phonecall and they will say oh its so on its way nearly there or something, think this can be checked via device manager it was mentioned earlier in this thread believe page 1-3!

anyone unable to enable samsung RAPID MODE mine is putting an X for being able to identify the operating system in samsung magician but then says windows 10 home in the samsung magician other window? confused hah!

anyone unable to enable samsung RAPID MODE mine is putting an X for being able to identify the operating system in samsung magician but then says windows 10 home in the samsung magician other window? confused hah!

Make sure your on version 4.9 or higher as it didnt support it in previous versions.

Mines working fine on 4.9

My mate got the 4k touch version (against my advice). It's a bit comical how bad support is for high resolutions in Windows. The laptop is heavier with the additional touch panel I guess and the resolution is next to useless in many common programs. Stick with 1080 for now guys!

Is there any indication from the serial number or something that they have the LG or BOE panels? Ended up getting an open box (dell outlet) deal for £650 so I suspect I'll be getting a BOE screen. Probably better than the (otherwise very good) TN panel on my current one anyway to be fair. Just curious if there's any way to tell without opening it?

sorry if answered in the thread.
but i know this comes with a 1TB drive, is there an additional slot for an ssd or do you need to remove the original 1TB drive?

and i know this as the 960m 4gb inside it, whats it like running games on?
im not expecting to run at ultra etc but would it run games fine at say medium?

There is a slot for an M.2 Sata drive as well. It does not have an optical drive so only supports one Sata and one M.2 Sata drive internally. I have added a 120gb m.2 drive and an extra 8GB of Ram and it runs very well.

It runs games well easily at medium most you can turn settings up higher.

Edit - The M.2 slot is above the right fan.

Last edited:
My review model panel was not as nice as the LG one in the one I have now. I have no idea if it was a BOE but you would easily see the difference if they were side by side. It could have been faulty rather than having a BOE screen.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom