*NEW* 2015 Dell Inspiron 15 - 7559, i7 6700HQ/GTX960M owners thread

I'm hoping the panels decent enough. I'm not super picky (had a TN on a GX660R as my last and that was fine) so hopefully the BOE I expect to find will be ok. It's still IPS even with the BOE isn't it?

Edit: checked around the thread, it is. I think I'll probably find it ok. I had a good TN in the GX660R but this should measure up fairly well either way (fingers crossed).

Adding a samsung 512GB m.2 (for £105 which ain't bad) and the other 8GB stick of ram. Looking forward to it (even though it will mostly be the wifes :p ).

Last edited:
There is a slot for an M.2 Sata drive as well. It does not have an optical drive so only supports one Sata and one M.2 Sata drive internally. I have added a 120gb m.2 drive and an extra 8GB of Ram and it runs very well.

It runs games well easily at medium most you can turn settings up higher.

Edit - The M.2 slot is above the right fan.

thanks for that, its my brother who is after a reasonably priced laptop he can do gaming on

Indeed I do.

Due to spending less and less time at home, I'm using my desktop less so no point having that there gathering dust, so I figured that I may as well grab a gaming laptop and looking around, for my budget (around £700), this seems to be the standout candidate.

thanks for that, its my brother who is after a reasonably priced laptop he can do gaming on

Well mines just finished it's little info/setup bit and first impressions are very good. It certainly *looks* like a nice laptop :p
Pads a bit fiddly (compared to old pad I'm used to so... it'll come). But yeah. I like.

It's sort of -"eh turn some settings down" gaming but it'll run everything current.

A little help with SSD

Hi again,

I received the Inspiron 15 7559 (14 days shipping from China) and I would like a clarification about the SSD.

I´m following a Samsung 850 EVO m.2 on Amazon and photos show that it has 2 notches while Inspiron m.2 slot only has one notche.

http://awesomescreenshot.com/0bb5oavh09

Could someone tell me if this SSD would be compatible?
Otherwise, what kind of SSD would be?

Thanks in advance.

P. S. I love the laptop, although the keyboard is mediocre, as it has been already said. Worth every € and LG display looks pretty well.
http://s19.postimg.org/quitv88gj/panel_LGD04_B9_2.jpg

Reciveved mine today, it's a thing of beauty!

Any must tweaks or things I should do to get started? Already uninstalled the Dell software on it :P

Is it easy to remove the nvidia and intel stickers without leaving glue residue?

Hello guys,

Been on the scout for a new laptop for ages...upgrading from my Sony Vaiao 17.3 FGN original i7. Lasted me a good 6 years. This forum thread has been exactly what i was looking for.

Anyway enough of that...my 7559 arrives on friday and i am like many of you looking to put a M.2 sata SSD inside....can i ask if this one in the link is correct...description looks right...but pic is making me concerned.

http://www.kikatek.com/P697511/SD8S...rise-SD8SNAT?gclid=CIjnmqnSocsCFTUz0wodLpADPg

Got it from somewhere u can save on lappy at a now reduced price of £699 delivered.

Cheers

Duffy

I'm like 90% sure I'm selling PC and getting this, I don't know what's stopping me, I know my current desktop won't be used but it's whether I'll actually game on this, I'm so indecisive! :p

I sold of my desktop setup a while back and have no regrets. I mainly game on consoles now when I can be bothered. I have also just moved on my G752 so this is my main machine now and it does me perfect for what I do.

I sold of my desktop setup a while back and have no regrets. I mainly game on consoles now when I can be bothered. I have also just moved on my G752 so this is my main machine now and it does me perfect for what I do.

See I wouldn't mainly game on one thing, and if I did, it probably would be the PC, hence why I want a decent gaming laptop capable of playing BF4, GTA, The Division at reasonably decent settings (medium/high if possible).

Hmm, that's not as good as I was hoping, but then again, I don't really know what to expect.

You will need a 980m if you are wanting high settings 60fps in modern games even then it will struggle in some. G-Sync helps maintain smoothness if you get one that has that.

The 960m is a decent laptop GPU it's pretty much on par with a 750ti desktop GPU performance wise.

I swapped my 980m G-Sync machine for the Dell and have no complaints. Just lower your expectations it's far cheaper.... :)

This laptop is £699 with next day delivery at the moment from a website where you can save on laptops

edit: oops, just noticed this has been mentioned a few posts up, noticed it on HUKD and thought I'd let people know.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom