New build need help

Soldato
*On phone

Can't tell from pic - could you clarify, are you using two separate leads to the GPU - i.e. 6+2 from one independent lead and then just the 6 from a totally different lead?

Associate
Ideally, two separate leads - your PSU should accommodate from spec.

Will rule out any ambiguity and may even solve some issues.

I'm honestly a bit annoyed I've never even thought about this before, I've always just gone for the clean single cable look. Nice little tip.

Man of Honour
Any links or any images in what way the leads go into and from cheers
the cable you used to plug into the GPU - find another of this in the psu box
then plug it into the PSU socket that says PCIE
then use these 2 cables to plug into the GPU power socket - each cable will have one daisy chained connector flopping around (normal)

Soldato
So far so good no bsod dont want to jinx myself lol also playing deep stranded don't know what the fps is, but here is a screenshot of GPU temps
Is that 'Stranded Deep'? Very poorly optimised game and thought it had been abandoned by developers - but just read it's had a recent update.

Your GPU temps are high - but then you do have 5700XT - and that game sucks (optimally), and is hogging all your GPU so it's working very hard in unusually high ambient temps.

But no BSODs are obviously great and if you're not experiencing any other issues(?) - it looks like you've/we've/all cracked it. That said you may want to consider an additional couple of case fans for the summer months for that 5700XT.

Again for ref have listed your spec - as i get specs mixed up - but could you clarify what monitor you got?

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,310.83 (includes shipping: £0.00)

Soldato
I've got alls fan installed that case can hold lol
The 5700XT runs hot - nature of the architecture coupled with blower - but you're still within tolerance and at least below 90 degrees.

Have you noted the XT's temps in other games - as that game may not be atypical of your average temps.

Soldato
Yeah front is intake, I'll run few more games tonight and see how temps are, what should temps be roughly? , would you try undervolt or anything to improve.
I *personally* would look into undervolting - but the with your recent stability issues i would leave well alone and make sure it's 100% stable first.

Your temps are OK, as long as you're not pushing over 90 - as mentioned it's the nature of the card - you could adjust the default fan curve to a more aggressive one - but will be noisier (but if you play with headphones, it won't be an issue).

Back
Top Bottom