New Canon full frame?

Associate
5DIII? The 5DIII has 7FPS on a fast SDXC card (not that the XC part is utilised on a 5DIII but anyway...) so a fast CF (1000x) may well gain beyond 7FPS as by the time the buffer has gone half way to the CF card it's readied half the buffer for continuous shooting again. In perspective, my 40D was writing at 7.8FPS on the Extreme III CF card although that card is old hat now.

In theory... I need a 1000x card to test this with but looking at how fast it writes to a 1000x card that's my estimate based on the SDXC card I've been using in my 5D III.

SDXC cards perform really badly on the Mark III

Soldato
I'd be surprised if they kept producing the 5D2 sensor just for the sake of differentiation given how much they've stuck to the 18MP crop sensor, the profit margins would probably be larger with the 5D3 sensor just gimped somehow.

It makes sense, but then so do many of these rumours and I'll just wait until they announce it.

All I want is a cheapish Canon full frame with decent AF, really.

Caporegime
I need to go look at a 650D to see if I even would like a touch screen. I don't get my bonus until christmas so it gives me some time to see if this even comes out and what the price difference is between the two by then.

Caporegime
I need to go look at a 650D to see if I even would like a touch screen. I don't get my bonus until christmas so it gives me some time to see if this even comes out and what the price difference is between the two by then.

I've not tried it but it's supposed to be like the iPhone screen, which is good, and if it works as well then it should be fine.

Associate
The D600 is currently £1,899.99p on DigitalRev which means it will be £2,500 roughly in Jessops. The 6D will be in the same ballpark which means you can get a Mark III from Digital Rev cheaper than Jessops will be selling the 6D. Spread the word let's close Jessops down.

Soldato
The D600 is currently £1,899.99p on DigitalRev which means it will be £2,500 roughly in Jessops. The 6D will be in the same ballpark which means you can get a Mark III from Digital Rev cheaper than Jessops will be selling the 6D. Spread the word let's close Jessops down.

Glad to see you did your research before posting, they have the D600 with lens at £70 more and the body is £55 more.

Soldato

Why on earth would you want to close down a UK based brick and mortar shop in favour of an Internet shop based in Hong Kong? The price differences are due to reasons outside of Jessops control. Personally I like buying gear from a shop as you get much better service and you're able to try it out.

Associate
Why on earth would you want to close down a UK based brick and mortar shop in favour of an Internet shop based in Hong Kong? The price differences are due to reasons outside of Jessops control. Personally I like buying gear from a shop as you get much better service and you're able to try it out.

No reason apart from the fact they are crooks.

Soldato
My local jessops only has the lowest of the DSLR models in stock and don't carry any lenses over £300 value. Due to that, they aren't much better for me compared to other UK companies that operate solely from a website as I can't go in and try a product I'd be interested in before buying anyway.

Soldato
My local jessops only has the lowest of the DSLR models in stock and don't carry any lenses over £300 value. Due to that, they aren't much better for me compared to other UK companies that operate solely from a website as I can't go in and try a product I'd be interested in before buying anyway.

You can you get it ordered into the store you don't have to buy it.

Back
Top Bottom