New Dell IPS S2721DGF 165hz gaming monitor

Associate
Where have people been ordering from to get it super fast? Just the Dell website? Says shipping date 18.08.20 on it, I'm not sure I'm patient enough for that :D

Associate
Where have people been ordering from to get it super fast? Just the Dell website? Says shipping date 18.08.20 on it, I'm not sure I'm patient enough for that :D

Just the Dell website, apparently it says 18/19th but people are still getting a shipping confirmation email quickly

Man of Honour
Yeah mine has gone to shipped on the website but the package tracking link goes to a non-loading page.

:edit: So...

Order Date
03/08/2020

Shipping Date
02/08/2020

FXLThSZ.jpg

Associate
It's probably getting shipped from China
Ordered last Friday, it shipped on the Sunday the 2nd. Tracking shows origin was Tilburg in NL, currently in Tilworth, England. I imagine making its way to Edinburgh for delivery to me tomorrow.

Could they have perhaps done one large shipment to the UK and then split to deliver to customers on arrival here, maybe explains why some are seeing a shipping date earlier than order date?

Associate
Just calibrated the display using a SpyderX Pro. 100% srgb, 97% P3 at 20% brightness.

Can you use this to determine optimal settings or something along those lines? Mine is on default 75% brightness, 75% contrast, but I've set the mode to "Warm". I'm aware this is probably not ideal or displaying the colours accurately.

Associate
Can you use this to determine optimal settings or something along those lines? Mine is on default 75% brightness, 75% contrast, but I've set the mode to "Warm". I'm aware this is probably not ideal or displaying the colours accurately.
You can determine what brightness you want, either by using the monitor itself or letting the software tell you based of off the light sensor in the Spyder.
Its default setting targets 6500k whitepoint and gamma of 2.2
You also do not want to mess with the contrast at all, so make sure you reset the monitor completely before starting. Only adjust brightness if necessary.
Personally anything above 30% brightness is way too bright for me. 20% is just fine.

Last edited:
Associate
My first order shipped and arrived within 2 days. Second one estimated the 19th as well, but has apparently shipped, just no tracking data.
I guess dell ran out of its initial stock so no longer offered next day delivery. Could also have been free next day delivery with the 48hour sale they had on at the time I bought the first.

Associate
I ordered mine late last night, and mine now says ''Order shipped'', about an hour ago it still said ''estimated delivery 19th''.

Edit: Status has now changed to shipped and estimated delivery now has a tracking link, which doesn't appear to work :p

Last edited:
Associate
Mine is arriving tomorrow :D Does anyone know if you can daisy chain a second monitor to the Dell? It doesn't seem like it has a mini displayport output. If not I'll have to use an HDMI cable with my second monitor.

Back
Top Bottom