New Dell IPS S2721DGF 165hz gaming monitor

Associate
OP
so you all keeping yours with the yellow tint ?

I have three u2719D and i had to send 2 back for replacment for bad light bleed as my first one is very good but has a littile but the other two, jesus how they made it out the factory i never know. I am tempted to go for three of these if the next two u2719d are no good but i am not to sure on this yellow tint as that would wind me up as well.

not only that the U2719d are supposed to be there high end models this is why i am asking about these as they seem to be in the same price mark.

Associate
so you all keeping yours with the yellow tint ?

I have three u2719D and i had to send 2 back for replacment for bad light bleed as my first one is very good but has a littile but the other two, jesus how they made it out the factory i never know. I am tempted to go for three of these if the next two u2719d are no good but i am not to sure on this yellow tint as that would wind me up as well.

not only that the U2719d are supposed to be there high end models this is why i am asking about these as they seem to be in the same price mark.

How do you test got this yellow tint? I will check my unit this evening.

Associate
OP
How do you test got this yellow tint? I will check my unit this evening.

just display a full white image to check abd see if its ok. otheres would guide you better as they have the monitor i dont.

the thing that realy gets to me is i got 3 dell u2719d and one is spot one and the other two light bleed is a joke, it is normal to get some light bleed but jesus it was bad on two of them.

what i foiund was the two that was bad was built in march 2020 and the good one was built in june 2020. so check your back light bleed in a dark room to.

Associate
Mine arrived, looks fine no obvious issues that I can see. It's too light at the moment to really check for IPS bleed but nothing super obvious.

Mind if I ask how it compares to your U2715H? I'm wanting a monitor that's good enough in terms of colour accuracy that I can use as a main monitor alongside my U2715H.

Associate
So what did people do right off the bat? I'm a total noob when it comes to monitors, mine just arrived, and I've hooked it up via Display Port, the whites look very yellow though. I haven't fiddled with anything or installed anything, so I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to do next?

Edit: Actually it's not just the whites, it's like every colour haha, I guess I gotta install the drivers etc?

Last edited:
Associate
So what did people do right off the bat? I'm a total noob when it comes to monitors, mine just arrived, and I've hooked it up via Display Port, the whites look very yellow though. I haven't fiddled with anything or installed anything, so I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to do next?

Edit: Actually it's not just the whites, it's like every colour haha, I guess I gotta install the drivers etc?
Mine looked fine out of the box. Might be worth resetting to factory then installing the drivers.

I hooked mine up, installed the drivers as it apparently applies a better colour profile then gamed.

Soldato
What drivers are people installing?

When I go to the Drivers, Manual and Support section it takes me to a page for the P2720DC with a driver dated November 2019.

Associate
What drivers are people installing?

When I go to the Drivers, Manual and Support section it takes me to a page for the P2720DC with a driver dated November 2019.

I had that issue, I then searched manually for S2721DGF while on the Dell support page and it took me to the correct one.

Associate
I've installed the drivers, but I guess something else is being weird because my desktop isn't switching over to the Dell even though it's set as primary, all the colours are watery and the icons on my task bar are quite blurry, sooo I really don't know. Like I said I'm a noob :(

Soldato
Is this supposed to be the successor to the S2719DGF anyone know? Looking at getting a 2nd 1440p display... (currently on S2719DGF and 2 old BenQ 1080p monitors)

Dell seems to have dropped the S2719DGF from the website and stock is scarce on it. So sounds like discontinued, possibly for this model?

@Pookzz is your resolution set correctly @ 2560x1440?

Associate
Is this supposed to be the successor to the S2719DGF anyone know? Looking at getting a 2nd 1440p display... (currently on S2719DGF and 2 old BenQ 1080p monitors)

Dell seems to have dropped the S2719DGF from the website and stock is scarce on it. So sounds like discontinued, possibly for this model?

@Pookzz is your resolution set correctly @ 2560x1440?
Yep it is, however when I just restarted my PC it came up saying ''No DP signal can be found'', tried it with HDMI and the same thing

Last edited:
Soldato
Mind if I ask how it compares to your U2715H? I'm wanting a monitor that's good enough in terms of colour accuracy that I can use as a main monitor alongside my U2715H.

I wont get them setup side by side until the weekend so hard to tell, literally took the other one of its VESA mount and dropped this one on. In terms of design the screens are almost identical (from the front) so they'll look fine side by side. The stand on the new one is a lot more gamery, I might get a dual monitor VESA mount for them.

Associate
Something is definitely wrong with mine. I don't think it's the monitor though, I think it's something to do with my GPU settings or something else, using VGA/DVI cable for my old monitor, everything looks fine, but if I use a HDMI on that monitor, everything is immediately horrible looking, just as it is with this new Dell. Obviously the Dell doesn't have VGA/DVI, and I'm an absolute noob when it comes to this sort of thing so I really have no idea what I am supposed to do. I'd love some help somehow.. :(

Associate
I wont get them setup side by side until the weekend so hard to tell, literally took the other one of its VESA mount and dropped this one on. In terms of design the screens are almost identical (from the front) so they'll look fine side by side. The stand on the new one is a lot more gamery, I might get a dual monitor VESA mount for them.

Would be great to hear your thoughts at weekend :) it looks like the monitor is still discounted but the code I had for 10% discount no longer works and student discount doesn't work either. Has anyone had any luck getting a discount?

As a side note, does Overclockers block IP addresses or something? I'm having to browse via a VPN, the site seemed to stop working when I had a few incorrect login attempts trying to remember if I had an account!

Back
Top Bottom