New forum! Post bugs & errors in here *CHECK FIRST POST FOR ISSUES FIRST - P.S. THE MM IS OPEN*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using the "old" code, I got :eek: instead of :redface: when I say old code I mean : o for :redface: and : eek : for :eek:, without the spaces of course.

Think I like it, much more than the shop site at least (which I still detest!)

It's heeeerrreee.......

Dont mind the layout but it looks really busy. It's the white outlines and drop shadows, they are out of place. The drop shadows make the user info pane on the left there stick out like a sore thumb and highlights the different sizes of them all and the white outlines just draw attention to the wrong parts; It's a bit awkward at the moment.

What else. umm each new post has a 'new' tag on the right hand side. it covers some of the text...

g8XqSAf.png

That's it for now, will have a proper gander later. It's got potential :)

edit: OMG the images scale to size now. EPIC.

Everything on the forums seems way too big to me now. Like we've suddenly gone upto 150% zoom whilst browsing through. The forum homepage looks stretched now with how big everything is.

The theory is good, but as someone said earlier, boxes within boxes within boxes, coupled with the shadow makes the whole thing too 'busy'. You tend to feel lost when your not even looking for something.

IMO you don't need the border around the user card, let alone the shadow

Easily fixed!

TamperMonkey Script (Code in Spoiler) updated to remove shadow and/or border. Actually looks a lot neater without either of those stylings applied.

ocuk_forum_feedback_2.jpg

Code:
// ==UserScript==
// @name         Custom Style Sheet OcUK
// @namespace    http://tampermonkey.net/
// @version      0.1
// @description  Removal of specific Elements
// @author       Sin_Chase
// @match        https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/*
// @grant        none
// ==/UserScript==

function addGlobalStyle(css) {
    var head, style;
    head = document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0];
    if (!head) { return; }
    style = document.createElement('style');
    style.type = 'text/css';
    style.innerHTML = css;
    head.appendChild(style);
}

addGlobalStyle('.fa-facebook-square { display: none !important; }');    // Hide Facebook Square in Top Right of posts
addGlobalStyle('.sharePage { display: none !important; }');             // Hide entire "Share" element at base of page
addGlobalStyle('.onlineIndicator { display: none !important; }');       // Hide green triangular Online Indicators in avatar window
addGlobalStyle('.newIndicator { display: none !important; }');          // Hide NEW indicator in Top Right of posts
addGlobalStyle('.messageUserInfo { box-shadow: none !important; }');    // remove Shadow from Avatar section
addGlobalStyle('.messageUserInfo { border: none !important; }');        // remove Border from Avatar section

//addGlobalStyle('.node_1 { display: none !important; }');              //Hide an Entire Forum Sub Section on Index Page
// Node numbers MAY change and the below list is for guidance only
// node_122       Latest News
// node_72        Customer Service
// node_1        Hardware
// node_108       Apple
// node_71        Software
// node_27        Audio Visual
// node_22        Games
// node_11        Life
// node_38        Distributed Computing
// node_17        Members Market
// node_141       OcUK matters
// node_93        Archives

It's far to "Busy" boxes within boxes. It just headache inducing
Boxes within boxes is the perfect way to describe it. It's all a bit overboard with the contrast between the lighter blue and darker blue. It's psychedelic, There are elements contrasted which don't need to be contrasted.

I'm still not sure what to make of the soft drop shadow under every "poster's box". Drop shadows could have been implemented in the overall design but that just looks out of place. Should have been a hard drop shadow not soft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom