New forum! Post bugs & errors in here *CHECK FIRST POST FOR ISSUES FIRST - P.S. THE MM IS OPEN*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Excellent, also the sharp thin black and white lines around everything looks like a rather old website and is difficult on the eyes, I would highly recommend a shadow or a colour much closer to a light blue.

such as the following:

Also the black in the reply background of threads is quite harsh and edit feels a bit broken.
I agree, it'd look cleaner without the white tables.

Soldato
Suppose I'll have to consider re-doing all of my Stylish themes now, not sure I can be bothered though. It's seriously harsh on the eyes and looks incredibly dated, how you managed that with decent software like xenforo is beyond me.

Don
broken_amp_signs.jpg
i think that's a user thing - some sort of either weird keyboard settings or a copy and paste error;

I can view other topics with speech marks and create them

Don
We need the option. Old layout and new one if people insist on trying or using it. Can't believe what's happened. Furious.

There is no old layout, the forum has been upgraded which includes moving to a different forum provider.

You can view the desktop version on mobiles using the button as explained by Matt. But we'll look into improvements on the mobile theme

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Preferred the look of the old forum much more unfortunately. Love the new features and overall would keep the new version if I had to choose, but wish they kept it looking more the old one.

Oh and my sig has changed to one I had a few days ago.

v0n

v0n

Soldato
i think that's a user thing - some sort of either weird keyboard settings or a copy and paste error;

I can view other topics with speech marks and create them

You can create them, I think this affects old imported threads only.

there is also this ugliness:
broken_quote.jpg

quoted user name is ANDARIAL -

obviously something is starring out A R I A L as yellow swear word?

Don
Preferred the look of the old forum much more unfortunately. Love the new features and overall would keep the new version if I had to choose, but wish they kept it looking more the old one.

Oh and my sig has changed to one I had a few days ago.

Would have been part of the data which was cut over from the old forum - you might have to re-create it I'm afraid :(

Don
You can create them, I think this affects old imported threads only.

there is also this ugliness:
broken_quote.jpg

quoted user name is AND****L -

obviously something is starring out A R I A L as yellow swear word?
I can view previously created ones which are fine, like the one I linked you too in previous response. I can only find one example (haven't had time to check everything though!), which is why i suggested some sort of weird user formatting or copy and pasting.

Soldato
What I don't like about it this new layout. Everything about the old one was fine. New one everything is too bold and too big. Resize the layout so it resembles the compact nature of the one I've been using for years. I love new things, but this layout is not an improvement at all. I just can't get around nowhere near as fast and I'm very very adaptable to new designs. This new layout is hard work. Need a poll. I'm convinced the vast majority will not approve and beg for the old style which worked brilliantly.

Don
Btw, I don't see yellow starred swear word as you do in your screenshot, for me it still splits them into BBcode just like in my screenshot
Weird - the screenshot auto formatted - there's nothing I have done. To me your first post is also a bit of a jumble.

It's been raised dude and will be looked at :)

Don
What I don't like about it this new layout. Everything about the old one was fine. New one everything is too bold and too big. Resize the layout so it resembles the compact nature of the one I've been using for years. I love new things, but this layout is not an improvement at all. I just can't get around nowhere near as fast and I'm very very adaptable to new designs. This new layout is hard work. Need a poll. I'm convinced the vast majority will not approve and beg for the old style which worked brilliantly.

unfortunately, unless there's massive forum breaking issues, we won't be going back to the old design, it was running on some seriously dated software and was due a much needed upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom