New iPads Tomorrow??

Man of Honour
Really looking forward to getting mine now. Anyone recommend a cover for it? I don't see me using any kind of keyboard with it as I have a MacBook and a MacBook Pro, so it would be touch/pencil only.

Soldato
The Smart Keyboard was the only thing I was unsure about buying. Got it but very expensive for a fairly rubbish keyboard.

It seems a bit marmite, however the ones like the Logitech keyboard don't seem quite as portable and low-profile... I'll do some research and see what else is out there though as I typically avoid buying Apple cases (aka daylight robbery in plastic or leather form).

Associate
I've just picked up a 12.9" 256gb, I'm coming from the 9.7 pro model. It's a thing of beauty, the refresh rate is a game changer and I hope they bring the tech to the next iPhone.

Soldato
It seems a bit marmite, however the ones like the Logitech keyboard don't seem quite as portable and low-profile... I'll do some research and see what else is out there though as I typically avoid buying Apple cases (aka daylight robbery in plastic or leather form).

I may have spoken too soon actually, it's growing on me.

Associate
I'm in Palo Alto at the moment and so can take advantage of US pricing, I was looking at the 256Gb 12.9" iPad Pro, its ~$1,400 (~£1,100) with the keyboard and AppleCare (inc. student discount). I could get a new model i5 256Gb 13" MacBook Pro for the same price and not sure I'd want to buy a tablet for that kind of money.

Soldato
I'm loving mine so far. A huge step up from my old iPad 4. :)

I'm sure it is!

I'd be interested to hear what you think about the leather sleeve. They seem really expensive to me, but if they're excellent quality then I may be interested in one. Do you have a screen cover / keyboard cover as well, and if so, does it fit well with that on? Thanks.

Soldato
I'd be interested to hear what you think about the leather sleeve. They seem really expensive to me, but if they're excellent quality then I may be interested in one. Do you have a screen cover / keyboard cover as well, and if so, does it fit well with that on? Thanks.

I'm on the fence about the leather sleeve. It's nice but perhaps too nice? Based on my experiences with the official leather iPhone case, I worry about scuffing or damaging it. Having a case that you worry about damaging is kind of pointless. :p

I've seen reviews that say you can fit an iPad with the Smart Keyboard attached in the case but I haven't tried myself.

Soldato
I'm on the fence about the leather sleeve. It's nice but perhaps too nice? Based on my experiences with the official leather iPhone case, I worry about scuffing or damaging it. Having a case that you worry about damaging is kind of pointless. :p

I've seen reviews that say you can fit an iPad with the Smart Keyboard attached in the case but I haven't tried myself.

Thanks for your thoughts. I'll probably try to have a look at them in person before deciding. I've always gone for padded zipped sleeves which tend to be pretty resilient but aren't exactly smart.

Soldato
Really loving my new iPad - Such an upgrade from my 3rd generation iPad! :p

Screen is fantastic, as others have mentioned. I can see many times I could use it during work as well as home. Now just need to find a nice case, and consider whether or not to go for the "Pencil" :p Editing/Viewing CAD files on the display with the stylus could be very useful...

Back
Top Bottom