** NEW LG MONITORS - INCLUDING 2 EXCLUSIVE TO OCUK!!! **

Associate
Are you on floatplane?
Is review positive?
Yes the review was very positive.

I imagine most people want to hear about the 1 MS quoted response time. Unfortunately LTT didn't specify figures for pixel response but they did compare pixel response using blur busters guide with a camera on a slider. All monitors at 120 Hz they compared to the LG 34GK950G and Asus PG258Q and in the results it looked better than both because there was more ghosting on the 34GK950G and the PG258Q had some overshoot. I am not sure how fair this comparison is though as the PG258Q is a 240 Hz display. I don't know what OD settings they were using on the other monitors but on the 27GL850 they were using the fast setting because fastest introduced ridiculous levels of overshoot. It looks like the fastest mode was just to get the 1 MS figure on the box but fast setting seems to work great. It will be interesting to see what the response times are on the fast setting once of the bigger monitor reviewers take a look.

Associate

I imagine most people want to hear about the 1 MS quoted response time. Unfortunately LTT didn't specify figures for pixel response but they did compare pixel response using blur busters guide with a camera on a slider. All monitors at 120 Hz they compared to the LG 34GK950G and Asus PG258Q and in the results it looked better than both because there was more ghosting on the 34GK950G and the PG258Q had some overshoot. I am not sure how fair this comparison is though as the PG258Q is a 240 Hz display. I don't know what OD settings they were using on the other monitors but on the 27GL850 they were using the fast setting because fastest introduced ridiculous levels of overshoot. It looks like the fastest mode was just to get the 1 MS figure on the box but fast setting seems to work great. It will be interesting to see what the response times are on the fast setting once of the bigger monitor reviewers take a look.

How did it fair for colour accuracy? Gamma? Calibration? sRGB etc?

Soldato
Must admit that LG 27" Nano does look tempting! My Dell has an annoying thunder bug stuck behind the screen so this could be a perfect excuse for me to get a new screen. :D

Associate
Must admit that LG 27" Nano does look tempting! My Dell has an annoying thunder bug stuck behind the screen so this could be a perfect excuse for me to get a new screen. :D

Just the stock issue that worries me.

Exclusive to OCUK for a month.
Will they get enough units?
Second batch comes in month after the first?

Can see this not ending well!

Associate

Thanks for the information. I would imagine most people want to hear about blb and glow and whether the panel lottery is finally over.. Could you tell us a little more?

Associate
Thanks for the information. I would imagine most people want to hear about blb and glow and whether the panel lottery is finally over.. Could you tell us a little more?
They did not touch on BLB or IPS glow at all.

How did it fair for colour accuracy? Gamma? Calibration? sRGB etc?
They had only positive things to say in this regard. The only real negatives that I recall being brought up in the review were the lack of even basic HDR certification due to the low peak brightness and lack of local dimming but we already knew this from the spec sheet.

Associate

They had only positive things to say in this regard. The only real negatives that I recall being brought up in the review were the lack of even basic HDR certification due to the low peak brightness and lack of local dimming but we already knew this from the spec sheet.

Thanks.

Really want to bite and go for it but with no fixed release date it's a bit meh!

Associate

That doesn't surprise me. Think we'll have to wait for the more in depth reviewers to get their hands on this. I've been using a Dell 60hz monitor for about 5 years and this monitor has my interest.

Associate
Well, to be honest, I have yet to see a tftcentral review that showed blb in any of their reviews so I tend to depend on smaller channels like limscave for an accurate representation, that said my nano cell tv has 0 blb

Associate
Yea I'm seeing it listed as in-stock with a few European retailers so not totally exclusive it seems. I'm still annoyed about LG's warranty as their competitors all have a 3-5 year warranty that's the thing that bugs me the most, same with the LG tv I bought, spent a grand on a tv and only ships with a 1-year warranty, just not good enough.

Hope I don't get a panel like this guy look at top you can see ips glow/bleed even on a well-lit screen. The one Linus got and the Asian review on youtube is an engineering sample btw. See this too. Still better than the two Aorus panels I had tho

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom