** NEW LG MONITORS - INCLUDING 2 EXCLUSIVE TO OCUK!!! **

Associate
Just called Overclockers and was told that the ETA was pushed back again to next week which is rather annoying.
That's just not good enough, I mean I'm waiting almost a month as it is as are others, I originally ordered at the start July and sold my current panel because OCUK said it was to be released on the 16th, weeks later and I'm with nothing to show for my money. What's most infuriating is pushing back dates like this, I'm willing to bet it will be pushed back again next week, not a word mentioned here by staff or by an LG rep (ex acer rep btw). Meanwhile, the shop that was selling it in Europe (won't mention names) has sold out.

Associate
I would find it very strange for it to be delayed yet again with other European shops already getting stock, let alone with no word on the forum from OcUK. I hope we don't have to wait too long to hear something official, we're owed that much at least.

Associate
That's just not good enough, I mean I'm waiting almost a month as it is as are others, I originally ordered at the start July and sold my current panel because OCUK said it was to be released on the 16th, weeks later and I'm with nothing to show for my money. What's most infuriating is pushing back dates like this, I'm willing to bet it will be pushed back again next week, not a word mentioned here by staff or by an LG rep (ex acer rep btw). Meanwhile, the shop that was selling it in Europe (won't mention names) has sold out.

I'm in the same boat as I currently do not have a monitor either and it's affecting my productivity. Called OCUK for a second time today and this guy said within the next week, so I'm not sure whether it's this week or next week or any other week for that matter. Last week the rep I spoke to said Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday of this week so I'm still holding hope. What's annoying is that other countries like the Netherlands have been getting the monitor so I don't know why it's being delayed here.

Associate
I'm in the same boat as I currently do not have a monitor either and it's affecting my productivity. Called OCUK for a second time today and this guy said within the next week, so I'm not sure whether it's this week or next week or any other week for that matter. Last week the rep I spoke to said Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday of this week so I'm still holding hope. What's annoying is that other countries like the Netherlands have been getting the monitor so I don't know why it's being delayed here.
I was able to borrow one from work but I miss having 144hz and 1440p lol, from what I have been reading on twitter is that there are some technical problems with the monitors themselves, now that's just hearsay, I don't know how accurate that is. But no word from rep or staff here is not good I'm afraid, OCUK are usually pretty damn good tho from my past experiences. I guess I'm just getting a bit fed up of the constant push backs, I mean this makes it a third time, which to be fair is a bit of a pisstake on LG's behalf, their rep needs to be a bit better at keeping us up to date I feel. Daniel was.

Associate

Could have been a misunderstanding then, appreciate you sharing what you heard with us though.

Associate
I got the PG279Q, and couldent be happier. I won the lottery :)
Btw, I dont think this LG will be any faster, as the PG allready are that superfast. Of course one can use the strongest OV, but you can do the same on the PG and get ghosting heaven!
The PG is perfect and it's g-sync. Good luck with LG's and no VRR + Overdrive!

Associate
In my experience of playing the panel lottery and my god have I played it.. the auo panels are the worst by far. Its incredibly difficult to get a modern day gaming panel that doesn't have some sort of issue. Heck even the PBQR panels are a lottery and that's a 60hz panel. Then you have the aas ips panels used in the Aorus and acer 'hdr' panels that are almost as bad lottery wise and have the worst trailing I seen on a igh end ips panel. I have had several ultrasharp panels ver the years that used lg panels in them and zero complaints.

Associate
In my experience of playing the panel lottery and my god have I played it.. the auo panels are the worst by far. Its incredibly difficult to get a modern day gaming panel that doesn't have some sort of issue. Heck even the PBQR panels are a lottery and that's a 60hz panel. Then you have the aas ips panels used in the Aorus and acer 'hdr' panels that are almost as bad lottery wise and have the worst trailing I seen on a igh end ips panel. I have had several ultrasharp panels ver the years that used lg panels in them and zero complaints.

Yeah i've got a 2515H at the moment and it's more or less perfect.

So why do the LG ones look good and the rest just look trash? It's weird?

Back
Top Bottom