New neighbours get their Sainsbury's delivery at 7am every Saturday morning... argh!

Soldato
I'm in bed for 10pm every day. My point is why should someone dictate you need to be quiet at 7am but be okay with noise at 9pm.

Why do you need people to be quiet at 9pm if you're not in bed until 10?

Personally, I don't see much difference between expecting neighbours to be considerate (as I am) about noise at 10pm or 7am. They're both times where I would consider it relatively reasonable to expect someone might want to be asleep.

Last edited:
Soldato
Why do you need people to be quiet at 9pm if you're not in bed until 10?

Personally, I don't see much difference between expecting neighbours to be considerate (as I am) about noise at 10pm or 7am. They're both times where I would consider it relatively reasonable to expect someone might want to be asleep.
Kids go to bed at 8pm.

Caporegime
Okay, well I need people to be be quiet at 8am because I'll still be asleep.

My neighbours are. Because they're not ********s.
So everyone’s got to be quiet at 8am because you need to sleep?

This is why earplugs were invented. You can block out noise without interfering with everyone’s right to live an ordinary life.

Soldato
So everyone’s got to be quiet at 8am because you need to sleep?

This is why earplugs were invented. You can block out noise without interfering with everyone’s right to live an ordinary life.

tbh, I was being somewhat facetious. However, if a neighbour of mine was expecting me to be quiet at 8pm, for whatever reason. I don’t see the difference with me expecting them to be quiet at 8am. Not that these conversations have been had because frankly, I expect them to to be taken as read.

And making noise that neighbours find annoying at 7am is not living a ordinary life where I live. Asleep or not. I wouldn’t be the only one complaining if it was a regular occurrence. A few hundred yards away near the shops. Fair enough. Not right down at the bottom of a quiet cul de sac though.

Man of Honour
If it was the other way around and they'd just moved in I'd have some sympathy but I'd stick it out and if it becomes a problem maybe ask to have it moved an hour. 7am on a weekday is fine, on a saturday I'd be annoyed, especially if i went out on the friday.

Associate
7am seems like a practical time for a delivery, especially if you have kids already waking you up and various other tasks to do in the day.
I say this from the perspective of waking up at 6am everyday anyway. I probably would have been more bothered as a teenager.

Soldato
I think I must be in the minority here then as I think it's totally unreasonable and yes I would say something. I think people generally are extremely selfish making noise in the mornings just because they get up at a set time. Getting up at 9am is not unusual for people who work later shifts like 10-6, especially now with more home working being able to get up later.

On weekends especially I think anything before 9am is too early. I personally leave things till 10am as I'm not an unselfish moron.

Someone down my road likes to beep their car horn most weekdays early to announce they are here to pick up their kid on a school day. I will find them...and when I do...etc.

Works the other end of the day too. Loud talking in gardens after 10pm is rude for people trying to sleep in the summer. Occasionally it's fine for parties and get togethers sure. People generally just don't think of others.

Soldato
Just be thankful it's not a Tesco delivery, they're loud enough to wake the dead.

They must have the doors adjusted and the latches replaced after every shift considering how they're treated.

Back
Top Bottom