New neighbours get their Sainsbury's delivery at 7am every Saturday morning... argh!

Caporegime
People must have had vastly different upbringings to think making a noise at the weekend before 9am is acceptable. Just sheer ignorance and stubborn mindedness really. But hey, that's the way society is heading, every man, woman and however else you want to identify yourself as for themselves.

The markets offer 7am slots, people will use 7am slots

Caporegime
The markets offer 7am slots, people will use 7am slots

My amplifiers work 24/7 doesn't mean I use them in the early hours when I want to play.
People can make educated and considerate decisions. Live in a busy inner city location, sure, go for 7am delivery. Live in a quiet suburban or rural street, don't be a douche.

Man of Honour
My amplifiers work 24/7 doesn't mean I use them in the early hours when I want to play.
People can make educated and considerate decisions. Live in a busy inner city location, sure, go for 7am delivery. Live in a quiet suburban or rural street, don't be a douche.

Personally I wouldn't order for before 8am at the earliest except a one off emergency or something - but at work our guidelines is 7am to 11pm for unloading/loading or residential drops, etc., a few specific sites 7am to 7pm though nominally we operate 8am to 10pm.

Man of Honour
Most delivery services of any sort start from around 7am. It's legal to make the kind of noise associated with deliveries from 7am.
Sounds like both customer and supplier are operating within the law, so I don't think there's a lot you can get upset about really.

Soldato
He lives in central London. Did you not see his thread where he was fuming that a couple of old suitcases were left in the attic? Or where the road noise is keeping him up?

Permabanned
My friend has just died, he didn’t even make his 30th birthday.

Be glad you are still waking up and stop wasting time worry about stuff that doesn’t matter.

Soldato
Hmm on a tangent I have a floor tile to cut this morning (wet saw), I am holding till 9ish as that's reasonable, but that's a lot more noise than a van. Just think op when everything is electric you will hardly here them also fans do make a difference, try running a gpu without one:p.

Man of Honour
He lives in central London. Did you not see his thread where he was fuming that a couple of old suitcases were left in the attic? Or where the road noise is keeping him up?
He should try living at my house in Vienna, where the trams start at 4am. Just a tiny little bit noisier than a supermarket delivery believe me.

Caporegime

That's an unrelated comparison....

Supermarket delivery is a service made available to be utilised, you playing your guitar amp at a time on the morning is on you, not Marshall, for instance.

Soldato
The level of childishness and entitlement of the op is amazing.

You live in the grown up real world, a van unloading for a couple of minutes in your street isn't an issue. I'd have no issue with my neighbour getting that slot or on the flip side i'd happily book that slot myself.

If i was making actual noise i'd try and not do it before 8 or 9am on the weekends, like if i needed to get the angle grinder going in the garage or start the cement mixer but a van delivering some food doesn't even count.

You should try living in the country, the cockerel a couple of doors down was starting at 3:30 every day during June.

Soldato
OP, a house removal van showed up on my street at 7am today. As you can imagine I was fuming, outraged and aghast. Can I ping their email address over for you to CC into your Sainsbury's note?

Associate
All those years living on a RAF base where they’d carry on flying (loudly) through the day as I was trying to sleep off nights, or through the night when I was on days - it was so thoughtless of them…

Caporegime
All those years living on a RAF base where they’d carry on flying (loudly) through the day as I was trying to sleep off nights, or through the night when I was on days - it was so thoughtless of them…

If you can't work out the difference between an RAF base and a residential street then you must have been in regiment. The only unit with lower intelligence requirements than the army.

Associate
If you can't work out the difference between an RAF base and a residential street then you must have been in regiment. The only unit with lower intelligence requirements than the army.

Engineering actually - hence my grasp of sarcasm and humour, things you seem to be lacking in.

Back
Top Bottom