New neighbours get their Sainsbury's delivery at 7am every Saturday morning... argh!

Soldato
Pretty much.

They do 1 hour and 4 hour slots, complain to Sainsburys and they will just have the driver switch up his route slightly, he will still turn up before 8 but hey if it means that much to the op.

Telling your neighbour what they can and can't do after being in the place for 4 weeks would be a right laugh to watch though, so if you do try and get it on video.
This sounds like the best approach.

Make sure you sign off as Karen.

Soldato
I think I must be in the minority here then as I think it's totally unreasonable and yes I would say something. I think people generally are extremely selfish making noise in the mornings just because they get up at a set time. Getting up at 9am is not unusual for people who work later shifts like 10-6, especially now with more home working being able to get up later.

On weekends especially I think anything before 9am is too early. I personally leave things till 10am as I'm not an unselfish moron.

Someone down my road likes to beep their car horn most weekdays early to announce they are here to pick up their kid on a school day. I will find them...and when I do...etc.

Works the other end of the day too. Loud talking in gardens after 10pm is rude for people trying to sleep in the summer. Occasionally it's fine for parties and get togethers sure. People generally just don't think of others.

Completely agree. People who think it’s ok to wake up their neighbours at the weekend are odious. You get 2 days a week of free sleep, and someone ruins it. We had a word with our neighbours about letting the dog out at 5 AM and their response was that they wouldn’t let the dog and the child out at the same time. Mostly solved the problem, except the child is a serious ****** and screams all day.

I wouldn’t do anything noisy until about 10, in the knowledge that’s that is a sensible time so as not to wake any of the neighbours. That’s being considerate.

Caporegime
I certainly don't think that expecting someone to be in bed at 7am is out of the ordinary. I try to show a decent level of courtesy to my neighbours and keep noise levels down between 8PM (time that many young children tend to go to bed) and 8AM. It's never really provided me with any significant problems, so not something that's out of the question for others to emulate.

It just shows a basic level of decency, consideration and respect for those around you.

Associate
Don’t be ridiculous, you can’t ask someone to change a shopping delivery because it interferes with your lay in!
This. Invest in some ear plugs or wake up at 7, make a cupper and then continue to have a lay in. I try not to make any unresanble noise at unsociable hours. In this case it is only a food shopping delivery. Usually here and gone in no time.

Caporegime
Tbh, I curse the bin men arriving at 7am on the dot, and that's a weekday (why, oh why, do we have to be right at the start of their round?), so I can sympathise with op.
You wanna be thankful you even have binmen coming round. We’re having a nightmare here with industrial action. Council wanted everyone to keep all their rubbish indoors for 3 weeks while they tried to resolve the situation.

Soldato
People must have had vastly different upbringings to think making a noise at the weekend before 9am is acceptable. Just sheer ignorance and stubborn mindedness really. But hey, that's the way society is heading, every man, woman and however else you want to identify yourself as for themselves.

Back
Top Bottom