**** New Official DayZ Thread *****

Sigh.

Still having no luck. Have installed DayZ commander, and had it update Arma 2 and the DayZ mod, and install Epoch.

But every server I try to join tells me I can't because I have a bad version.

Sigh.

Still having no luck. Have installed DayZ commander, and had it update Arma 2 and the DayZ mod, and install Epoch.

But every server I try to join tells me I can't because I have a bad version.

Have you installed the patch update through commander? Its hard to miss, its about 3 - 4 lines down from the top of the "install" options window.

MGT http://www.mgtrolls.eu/ are regarded as very good servers, but they are constantly full and have no day/night cycle.

IMO, they should be the only servers to play Dayz Mod on... Once i saw a hacker and that was due to the server restarting and battleye took slightly longer to come online... Within seconds admin did a 5 min roll back!

EPOCH - OMG!!!

emfmeSh.jpg

Make sure they are all reading the correct patch version, also try reinstalling from here too. Just press reinstall on all of the 3 coloured highlights.

eTAS7KO.jpg

Also make sure that your Commander is directed to the correct locations to where you have installed your game.

Night scares the bambies, we regularly do votes ingame if players want night, then they get it, rather than forcing it on players who don't want it.

Namalsk is night atm as they wanted it :)

Ooo let me know if and when it goes to night... Would love to actually be able to use the 5000 light poles we have haha!

Saturday night? Be nice to run around the server a little more quiet tbh..

Thanks for the help. Managed to get a couple of instances working. Even managed to work out exactly where I was on one of them. The most exciting thing I picked up was a can of food though!

Well, having played a few more times, I just have no idea how to deal with it once you're spotted by a zombie. Can't shoot 'em, just results in another 5 appearing. Can't hit 'em, because I have a gun, and apparently can't also carry a melee weapon.

If I run away, they follow me for MILES. If I try to break line of sight and hide, they run straight to me and start eating.

I think I'm just not understanding the game mechanics here. As it stands, if I get spotted, it's game over. On a few occasions I've lost them, but not really spotted a pattern to the situation where this happens.

can the op add our server to the main post? did ask weeks ago, but im assuming he didnt see it

added snap building option and a lift script for making your own penthouse suite with own lifts to get up there
(p.s - can also take quads and cars up there) =p

Total noob here guys.

Is there anything other than Arma2 and OE that i need to install Dayz? Also, are there any servers that are a bit more noob friendly?

cheers

[TFU] Thegoon84;25748230 said:
http://www.dayzcommander.com/

and no, no noob servers! Its a harsh harsh game! It favours the players who stick it out and want to learn :D

Thanks.

I've got Arma 2 from Greenmangaming, is it just Op Arrowhead I need to run DayZ? I've read some stuff that the textures look rubbish unless you buy all the other Arma 2 addons and such. Is that right?

Back
Top Bottom