** NEW SAMSUNG 750D & 950D True 120Hz LED Monitors - PRE-ORDER! **

Associate
So this monitor (950) won't support 3D vision at all even though it has a dual link DVI? That seems crazy. Surely its just a certification thing?

Associate
So this monitor (950) won't support 3D vision at all even though it has a dual link DVI? That seems crazy. Surely its just a certification thing?

I think from what i have read it is not clear if to any degree the 2 systems are inter-operable. I'd appreciate if anyone can shed further light on the matter. Could you use 3d vision if you bought the 950 connected it to a NV card and bought a 3d vision kit (inc transmitter and glasses)? Is it just the glasses (and in built transmitter) that would be unused? Or it there some other more serious issue with the monitor itself working with 3D vision. :confused:

Associate
I think from what i have read it is not clear if to any degree the 2 systems are inter-operable. I'd appreciate if anyone can shed further light on the matter. Could you use 3d vision if you bought the 950 connected it to a NV card and bought a 3d vision kit (inc transmitter and glasses)? Is it just the glasses (and in built transmitter) that would be unused? Or it there some other more serious issue with the monitor itself working with 3D vision. :confused:

From what I can see, the monitor is perfectly capable of being nVidia 3D vision compatible, if not without the kit, then certainly with the kit. However, there is a certification process with nVidia. If the monitor is not detected as a certified 3D vision monitor, then it won't engage. There was a big blow-up regarding compatibility with some of those 3D DLP projectors and people were hacking the EDIDs in the projectors to fool the nVidia drivers into thinking it was a different certified model. I really don't want to start going down that path.

Associate
From what I can see, the monitor is perfectly capable of being nVidia 3D vision compatible, if not without the kit, then certainly with the kit. However, there is a certification process with nVidia. If the monitor is not detected as a certified 3D vision monitor, then it won't engage. There was a big blow-up regarding compatibility with some of those 3D DLP projectors and people were hacking the EDIDs in the projectors to fool the nVidia drivers into thinking it was a different certified model. I really don't want to start going down that path.

I think we need someone to test this specifically when the monitors are released. I don't want to have to hack anything!:(

Associate
I think we need someone to test this specifically when the monitors are released. I don't want to have to hack anything!:(

You don't need to hack anything if you just use the DDD TriDef drivers instead of trying to make it work with nVidia 3D Vision.

Soldato
I'm not sure if this has been posted elsewherek, does 120hz TFT's run at 120hz even with vertical sync on?

Sorry if it sounds a totally stupid question, I don't do a lot of research on TFT's etc. :)

Soldato
You don't get the tearing with vsync off that you do with the 60hz panels so i've kept it off. Colours are fairly horrible if you've come from ips but it looks amazing in 3D.

Associate
Some Canada retailers have gotten some stock in of the S27A950D. Mine should ship today. I will post up a mini-review with calibration results when I get it. Total cost with shipping to the US and zero-dead pixel gaurantee was 800 USD.

jkb

jkb

Associate
Some Canada retailers have gotten some stock in of the S27A950D. Mine should ship today. I will post up a mini-review with calibration results when I get it. Total cost with shipping to the US and zero-dead pixel gaurantee was 800 USD.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it Vega

Back
Top Bottom