** NEW SAMSUNG 750D & 950D True 120Hz LED Monitors - PRE-ORDER! **

My hope is that will be resolved if AMD's promise holds true. I read on another forum that a test hotfix was in circulation to enable Displayport 120Hz 3D, and I contacted AMD asking for it...but absolute silence so far.

120hz DP 3D would suit me, you would think if a test fix is in circulation, someone would have a FILE!! somehwere lol come on leak it out :cool:

What about letting NV users use TriDef sequential? Why only ATI? I thought the whole idea was to be a generic set of drivers. :( Tit for tat due to 3D Vision? :rolleyes:

I dont disagree with you dude, i hope they do sort out squential for Nvidia, least everyone has the choice then

What about letting NV users use TriDef sequential? Why only ATI? I thought the whole idea was to be a generic set of drivers. :( Tit for tat due to 3D Vision? :rolleyes:

TriDef want to offer the best 3D experience for all cards so I would be amazed if they weren't working as hard as they can to offer frame sequential for nVidia. From a business stand point it is probably better for nVidia that it doesn't work as that makes a lot of people go down the 3D Vision Kit route and are then locked into buying nVidia cards when they upgrade. Because of that I would put money on nVidia not being open/helpful with TriDef and that being the root of the issue.

I don't think its tit for tat. But I suspect there are "hooks" that need to be linked into the GPU driver which are vendor specific. AMD have probably made their API open to Tridef whereas nVidia believe they can maintain a walled garden and proprietary solution. If AMD HD3D takes off via Tridef, then I think nVidia will have look long and hard at what they do. But I suspect you could be waiting a while for a better nVidia solution.

In the meantime I think the pressure needs to go onto nVidia to support the Samsung monitor as a 3DTV play device which would at least provide some frame sequential support albeit limited to HDMI and its associated refresh rates. Have you tried to see what happens when you connect via HDMI and whether the drivers detect a 3D TV?

I don't think its tit for tat. But I suspect there are "hooks" that need to be linked into the GPU driver which are vendor specific. AMD have probably made their API open to Tridef whereas nVidia believe they can maintain a walled garden and proprietary solution. If AMD HD3D takes off via Tridef, then I think nVidia will have look long and hard at what they do. But I suspect you could be waiting a while for a better nVidia solution.

In the meantime I think the pressure needs to go onto nVidia to support the Samsung monitor as a 3DTV play device which would at least provide some frame sequential support albeit limited to HDMI and its associated refresh rates. Have you tried to see what happens when you connect via HDMI and whether the drivers detect a 3D TV?

Not tried HDMI. It'd bug me MASSIVELY to accept lesser resolution / frame rates! At present i guess TriDef SBS is the best option for me! :(

first, hello to all of you!

..got my S27A950 Samsung today and tested 3D functionality with the following configuration:

- Win7 Ultimate x64
- AMD Radeon 5870
- connected via DL DVI to DVI
- Desktop at 1920x1080/120Hz
- IZ3D set to output "Shutter"
- started Dragon Age Origins (DX9)
- Monitor set to 3D -> Frame Sequential
- put on the Samsung glasses which came with the Monitor

...and it works flawless !! :)

playing in 3D in 1920x1080/120(60)Hz
(with the 5870 and quadcore [email protected], IZ3D shows FPS around 40 FPS in dungeon)

will make further tests, but for now I would say IZ3D-Shutter-mode rulez!
(no need for 3D Vision any more)

first, hello to all of you!

..got my S27A950 Samsung today and tested 3D functionality with the following configuration:

- Win7 Ultimate x64
- AMD Radeon 5870
- connected via DL DVI to DVI
- Desktop at 1920x1080/120Hz
- IZ3D set to output "Shutter"
- started Dragon Age Origins (DX9)
- Monitor set to 3D -> Frame Sequential
- put on the Samsung glasses which came with the Monitor

...and it works flawless !! :)

playing in 3D in 1920x1080/120(60)Hz
(with the 5870 and quadcore [email protected], IZ3D shows FPS around 40 FPS in dungeon)

will make further tests, but for now I would say IZ3D-Shutter-mode rulez!
(no need for 3D Vision any more)

Can IZ3D and Tridef co-exist happily on the same Windows machine?

Can IZ3D and Tridef co-exist happily on the same Windows machine?

Yes, aslong as you dont try and run both at once... To turn of IZ3D, disable 3d completely (not hot-key), and then run in Tridef, and to run IZ3D and not tridef, just dont boot the game up through tridef and turn hotkey on for IZ3D (or just turn stereo on).

Also Tested Civ 5.

Wierd flashy grey part above the map going up the whole screen, and the mouse is not 3D, causing it to be in two places at once. Not recommended.

Yes, aslong as you dont try and run both at once... To turn of IZ3D, disable 3d completely (not hot-key), and then run in Tridef, and to run IZ3D and not tridef, just dont boot the game up through tridef and turn hotkey on for IZ3D (or just turn stereo on).

Also Tested Civ 5.

Wierd flashy grey part above the map going up the whole screen, and the mouse is not 3D, causing it to be in two places at once. Not recommended.

when you downloaded the IZ3D software, what option did you select as the monitor?
thanks in advance

when you downloaded the IZ3D software, what option did you select as the monitor?
thanks in advance

I chose the SBS and 120hz one (although the only one that works is the SBS).

However when you download it, you actually download all of them, just choose "Custom install" when it asks you at the install screen and install them all or delete the ones you know you don't want (like anaglyph)

I chose the SBS and 120hz one (although the only one that works is the SBS).

However when you download it, you actually download all of them, just choose "Custom install" when it asks you at the install screen and install them all or delete the ones you know you don't want (like anaglyph)

Thanks for that ! I've downloaded it and loaded black
Ops but it come up with some wizard and I got lost as had a phone call lol tired now but will have a proper play in the morning :D

Hmm...I can't get the IZ3D drivers to work with any frame sequential setting at all. The one that comes closest is the 120Hz option but it is not refreshing at the right rate and the monitor cannot lock on.

Hmm...I can't get the IZ3D drivers to work with any frame sequential setting at all. The one that comes closest is the 120Hz option but it is not refreshing at the right rate and the monitor cannot lock on.

the only one that works for me is Side by Side trial, but you have to make sure you change the game settings to 120hz as well, then it actually is very smooth with nice depth no ghosting on black ops,
but i did need to turn off shadows

the only one that works for me is Side by Side trial, but you have to make sure you change the game settings to 120hz as well, then it actually is very smooth with nice depth no ghosting on black ops,
but i did need to turn off shadows

Okay..I will give it a try with Left for Dead 2 and compare between Tridef and IZ3D a bit later.

Okay..I will give it a try with Left for Dead 2 and compare between Tridef and IZ3D a bit later.

would be intersted to to hear your comparisons, as i had stated earlier black ops for me on tridef SBS DVI and DP was unplayable!!

so def better off with IZ3D however only until the trial runs out!!! so someone better get there A&& in gear and get this frame sequential sorted out for DVI and DP :mad:

would be intersted to to hear your comparisons, as i had stated earlier black ops for me on tridef SBS DVI and DP was unplayable!!

so def better off with IZ3D however only until the trial runs out!!! so someone better get there A&& in gear and get this frame sequential sorted out for DVI and DP :mad:

I noticed that AMD card holders get half price on iz3d, but that may be only for the HD3D driver (which of course is HDMI only right now).

Back
Top Bottom