** NEW SAMSUNG 750D & 950D True 120Hz LED Monitors - PRE-ORDER! **

Pretty odd question, and im sure i already know the reply - but is the stand reversible at all?

Basically where i have my monitor it's in an enclosure built in to my desk and the entirely flat right side wouldn't fit in the enclosure due to the shape of the space and a bottom shelf. But if the stand was reversed it would be OK as a shelf would fit underneath the screen on the right hand side - and the flat left side bottom to top would be OK.

Really annoying when the only thing stopping you buying a screen is the space for it to sit in!!

The input lag on the Samsung is measured at ~12 ms which is right around what the HP ZR30W is tested at. They both feel the same, quite responsive.

Having the same amount of input lag as an IPS panel is not a good thing.
"quite responsive" is not really what I was looking for.
I agree with you though, the amount of input lag is acceptable and manageable.

Yeah, the photo looks fine, my wallpaper looked nice and colourful too, you only really start to see how bad the monitor is when playing a game with lots of similar colours like fear 3 or left 4 dead 2 on the dark carnival level. The banding on fear 3 was horrific. Watching video is very washed out and lacking detail too and no it's not a codec issue or whatever. Had it set up alongside my current monitor and it looked so much worse in every scenario.

Maybe I just hit on and my 245b is a one off :D The 120hz lg I tried was totally washed out too.

Hi I'm new on this forum, and wanted to ask you guys owning the monitor some questions.

First of it's the SA750 I want to get, and as you know it only has a HDMI port and a displayport. My MSI Twin Frozr II GTX 570 only has 2 DL DVI's, and 1 HDMI connection. Is it possible to get 120Hz in 2D in my case? THIS QUESTION IS VERY IMPORTANT :) Because if it doesen't work I'll have to buy another GTX 570 with a Displayport and run it in SLI.

And finally have it been confirmed by Samsung that the SA750 models will be released this month? I'm from Denmark btw, and retailers here say it will arrive around the 28-29th of July, but they keep changing the release date.

Last edited:
Hi I'm new on this forum, and wanted to ask you guys owning the monitor some questions.

First of it's the SA750 I want to get, and as you know it only has a HDMI port and a displayport. My MSI Twin Frozr II GTX 570 only has 2 DL DVI's, and 1 HDMI connection. Is it possible to get 120Hz in 2D in my case? THIS QUESTION IS VERY IMPORTANT :) Because if it doesen't work I'll have to buy another GTX 570 with a Displayport and run it in SLI.

And finally have it been confirmed by Samsung that the SA750 models will be released this month? I'm from Denmark btw, and retailers here say it will arrive around the 28-29th of July, but they keep changing the release date.

1st question: No it is not possible to get 120hz down the hdmi. But yes with a DP it will be able to.

If you're planning on picking one of these up, phh91, bear in mind that the glossy screens are VERY reflective.
Ideally, you should have a blackout blind. During the daytime, you need your curtains closed completely.
During the night time, it's fine with my dim overhead light on most of the time unless I'm playing a dark game such as alice: madness returns or red faction: armageddon, in which case, the reflections are very distracting and I need to turn the lights off.
Probably not great for eye health but if you spend 600 quid on a monitor, you want to be able to see the picture :D
Anyone thinking "It can't be that bad", that's what I thought, trust me, it is.

My first thoughts....I love it. Not tried 3D but 2D 120Hz is fantastic. It looks so good if it was a woman it would be Winona Ryder. Reflections not bothering me and I came from a not very reflective Hanns.G screen.
So far so good.

Having the same amount of input lag as an IPS panel is not a good thing.
"quite responsive" is not really what I was looking for.
I agree with you though, the amount of input lag is acceptable and manageable.

Yeah, the photo looks fine, my wallpaper looked nice and colourful too, you only really start to see how bad the monitor is when playing a game with lots of similar colours like fear 3 or left 4 dead 2 on the dark carnival level. The banding on fear 3 was horrific. Watching video is very washed out and lacking detail too and no it's not a codec issue or whatever. Had it set up alongside my current monitor and it looked so much worse in every scenario.

Maybe I just hit on and my 245b is a one off :D The 120hz lg I tried was totally washed out too.

Input lag has nothing to do with the panel type, only the processing electronics. The panel type only dictates pixel response time. The HP ZR30W is one of the fastest IPS panels ever. I have to disagree with you that the input lag is "noticeable". Especially considering you said your "fast" monitor gets ~7ms.

An average increase of ~5ms isn't going to mean anything. When input lag is less than ~16ms (one 60Hz frame) average it is virtually as good as a CRT. Input lag becomes a problem at ~25+ ms.

Like I said, you must have a defective unit. Take a look at this banding test: http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/gradient.php

On my unit, there is some very very slight banding but nothing in the realm you are talking about. The Samsung also looks great in games compared to my 30" IPS. For a TN panel to do that says wonders.

The screen also isn't as reflective as the Apple 27" that I had. If your room is properly lit, you should see very little to no reflection. You mentioned over head lights in one of your previous posts, which is a poor choice. I have a light directly behind the monitor lighting up the wall behind the monitor to the same brightness as the screen. (As you should do to lessen eye strain). As I type this, I cannot see any reflections from the screen whatsoever. If you do basic light control the screen is wonderful. Well worth the effort as the colors that pop and the excellent blacks of a glossy panel and clarity is great. I will never go back to a matte screen again. I just post this as when people post "issues" with items they tend to exaggerate the severity.

Last edited:
Input lag has nothing to do with the panel type

I am aware of this, my point is that IPS panels typically have a higher input lag and response time than TN screens which is why gamers prefer TN. You saying "The input lag is the same as my IPS" is not a good thing.
Like I say, it's not a big issue and it's manageable, I'm just warning other gamers that the input lag IS noticeable if you're used to faster.
If you're particularly sensitive to it and it matters to you, it's something to bare in mind when making your purchase.
Personally, for me the amount of lag wasn't the main issue, it wasn't great but it was certainly fine, I would have put up with that if the rest of the screens features had been great or even just ok.

Yes, I did all the tests at lagom, banding was off the chart. On my panasonic TV, there is no banding at all, on my 245b there is very very very slight even banding across the board and you have to really lean forward to see it. The 950 was atrocious, massive inconsistent banding across the whole of the test.
Like I say, I may have had a bad panel, overclockers refused to replace it so I'll never know.

I just post this as when people post "issues" with items they tend to exaggerate the severity.

Well, that's the thing, I promise that I have no vested interest either way, I am totally honest in what I say. I am not exaggerating, I am saying the input lag is noticeable but manageable.
The banding and screen uniformity on the other hand were very bad.

When you've paid that much money for something, you're going to be letting some stuff slide and kidding yourself that certain things are better than they really are. So if anything, it's more likely that you would be bias than me. That's why you have to take a lot of user reviews with a pinch of salt, they're not experts and they're going to be exaggerating the good points of the product.
I have nothing to gain from bad mouthing this monitor, I'm not trying to kid myself that it's good to justify my purchase just as I'm not kidding myself it's bad to justify returning it. I was really looking forward to it, I promised a few people in this thread that I would honest when I got it either way. One guy was worried about the reflective screen, it is very very reflective. A few people were worried about input lag, it's fine, not great, but fine.

My advice is that the monitor is bad in almost every respect and that people should steer well clear. I am aware that almost everyone else has had totally positive things to say about it which does make me think I've been unlucky yet again and gotten a bad apple :D

Last edited:
Well ive just done a format and still getting the same error on displayport on frame sequential.

keeps coming up with 3d disabled please connect to a compatible display.

i do have two 6950 cards but i disabled crossfire x

ive got no idea why this isnt working when it seems some people can get it working on frame sequential on 6 series cards.

Riught just for an update the 11.5b hotfix drivers that i linked to previously work perfectly with the Samsung moniotr and allow you to use frame sequential.

The only thing that i can think off is that you need those drivers on first and then to update with newer drivers as noticed that the driver package for this is 146mb in size and the rest are only around 86mb.

Im now going to try updating to 11.6 to see if frame sequential will still run.

ok.

ive updated with the 11.6b hotfix drivers and the frame sequential is still working from disaplyport.

it appears that you need to instal the 11.5b hotfix drivers first to get frame sequential working and then update your drivers to whatwever are the lastest ones.

hopefully this is of some help to anyone else looking to buy this monitor for the added 3D.

ok.

ive updated with the 11.6b hotfix drivers and the frame sequential is still working from disaplyport.

it appears that you need to instal the 11.5b hotfix drivers first to get frame sequential working and then update your drivers to whatwever are the lastest ones.

hopefully this is of some help to anyone else looking to buy this monitor for the added 3D.

Really well done for discovering this. I will give it a try. I should also add that I expect 11.7 drivers to at least add HD3D crossfire support (according to AMD) and possibly also the 120Hz displayport 3D handling as well. These drivers are expected within the next week.

Like I say, I may have had a bad panel, overclockers refused to replace it so I'll never know.

From the vastly different experience you have from other users I would assume, like the others, that you received a bad panel. What was OCUK's reason for refusing to replace it? Did u take it back to them and show them the issues or just ask on a webnote? Within 7 working days u can DSR it.

From the vastly different experience you have from other users I would assume, like the others, that you received a bad panel. What was OCUK's reason for refusing to replace it? Did u take it back to them and show them the issues or just ask on a webnote? Within 7 working days u can DSR it.

Absolutely right, just DSR it and buy another one if they want to try again. There will be a cost for returning the item.

I have also seen the LG monitor by the way and it is far from washed out too. I am wondering if the "washed out" aspect is only when that poster is using their own PC and therefore some issue with their install, graphics card etc that is causing that behaviour. Even in the darkest dingy games, the last thing I can use to describe what I see is "washed out". The black level isn't that great on the monitor, so I am wondering it the poster is more referring to that, rather than "washed out" meaning a lack of vibrancy in the colours.

Sometimes people also use 'washed out' to refer to a lack of distinction between subtle shades - which is something most TN panel monitors are quite weak at, especially if their contrast is poor. Sometimes they may have seen and become accustomed to certain details in their favourite game titles and when these details disappear they notice it. Personally I reserve the term 'washed out' for noticeably muted or bleached colours but I always support this statement by highlighting the specific aspects I am referring to. It is not beyond the realm of possibility that Clippa does have a poor unit and either way if he isn't satisfied he should certainly be notifying OcUK of his desire to DSR the monitor ASAP.

I chose the SBS and 120hz one (although the only one that works is the SBS).

However when you download it, you actually download all of them, just choose "Custom install" when it asks you at the install screen and install them all or delete the ones you know you don't want (like anaglyph)

Hmm...I can't get the IZ3D drivers to work with any frame sequential setting at all. The one that comes closest is the 120Hz option but it is not refreshing at the right rate and the monitor cannot lock on.

the only one that works for me is Side by Side trial, but you have to make sure you change the game settings to 120hz as well, then it actually is very smooth with nice depth no ghosting on black ops,
but i did need to turn off shadows

Did you guys try out the new IZ3D Shutter mode (IZ3D Shutter (trial)) as the output mode?
IZ3D SBS...nearly same results as TriDef SBS
IZ3D 120Hz Devices...not for S27A950!
IZ3D Shutter...as I mentioned in the last post 1080p/120Hz frame sequential

however, in some games I have massive ghosting in this mode, more than my 2 years old Samsung C750 3D TV

Riught just for an update the 11.5b hotfix drivers that i linked to previously work perfectly with the Samsung moniotr and allow you to use frame sequential.

Did you try IZ3D Shutter mode too? It would be interesting how ghosting in TriDef 120Hz frame sequential compares to IZ3D 120Hz frame sequential?
Dou you have the 1.1 Samsung TriDef version installed?

Did you guys try out the new IZ3D Shutter mode (IZ3D Shutter (trial)) as the output mode?
IZ3D SBS...nearly same results as TriDef SBS
IZ3D 120Hz Devices...not for S27A950!
IZ3D Shutter...as I mentioned in the last post 1080p/120Hz frame sequential

however, in some games I have massive ghosting in this mode, more than my 2 years old Samsung C750 3D TV

Did you try IZ3D Shutter mode too? It would be interesting how ghosting in TriDef 120Hz frame sequential compares to IZ3D 120Hz frame sequential?
Dou you have the 1.1 Samsung TriDef version installed?

I did try shutter mode and all i got was a 2D image...there was no shutter! I suspect this will also start working if I follow the trick to install 11.5b first which i will be doing in the next hour. I will report back shortly.

I've tried iz3d and tridef there booth around the same as can see quite a bit of ghosting it seems that the left eye is seeing a lighter image than the left nOt sure why I'm still looking into it

Crossfire does actually work with the drivers I ported but not working properly there seems to be some sort of flashing with the image

Back
Top Bottom