** NEW SAMSUNG 750D & 950D True 120Hz LED Monitors - PRE-ORDER! **

Have you tried changing the refresh rate in windows rather than your gpu control panel?

control panel > display > adjust resolution (check while you're here that the right monitor is selected in the "display" drop down menu) > advanced settings > monitor > screen refresh rate

Can the overclockers sales guy ask Samsung if the S27A750D comes with the correct power lead? I don't want it to arrive then have to wait till I can buy a lead to use it. :p

Sorry i didn't reply to your comments earlier, had to take a class full of sreaming Year 2's to the seaside!

Anyway . .

Got home, wiped system totally, reinstalled my Windows 7 64bit, all drivers etc but none of the monitor drivers. First of all I tried my Benq. NVCP shows me all resolutions, 120HZ etc and that it's connected by DVI. That's great. Tried the Samsung (did another monitor reset first) and no joy. It see's the DVI as HDMI and will only allow me 1920x1080 as HD 60hz or 1680x1050 as PC 60hz. Switched back to the Benq and no probs. Now to confuse me more, I plugged in an expensive Belkin DVI D to HDMI. HDMI to monitor and DVI to pc. NVCP instantly changed to DVI and the 120hz option appeared but as the one end is HDMI you cant display it properly. But what the hell? Plug back in either of my DVI D to DVI D cables, (one with Sammy and one with Benq) and it switches back to HDMI. So confused but something is definately not right. Just to eliminate I have ordered a slightly more expensive DVI D to DVI D cable. We shall see tomorrow.

It's almost like one of the channels of the DVI connection isn't working.

I assume the graphics card has more than one DVI output being an nVidia? I am sure you already tried both, but just to make sure.

When you try and change the refresh frequency, are you always doing it through the nVidia interface? I normally do it by right-clicking on the desktop and going through screen resolution, advanced, monitor, and changing the refresh there.

Apologies for effective butting in, but ive been following these monitors for a while now with the intent of picking up the 950 for 3d. Is anyone actually having success with these or are they a bit of a flop? as im hearing of issues in many places where i've looked. I just dont want to shell out £600 and be dissapointed, as i have the express purpose of using the 3d on this monitor, but also want tv inputs as well.

Jonstratt

Ill try the dvi to see if it makes any diffrence on my end.

do you have mass effect 2, if you do give it a try would be intrested to see your thoughts on ghosting after you try that game.

Maze what games are you trying on all three connections where your not seeing any ghosting and have you changed any settings in the game or on the driver?

Tested only with Dragon Age Origins (Marketplace Denerim).
Ingame Settings: everything on full quality, vsync on, full hd res
TriDef 3D Settings:
3D: ON
Depth: 100
...On

But I found out another thing I want to share with you:

DVI Mode -> Desktop at 60Hz -> start game:
-> Monitor switches automatic in 3D Mode and shows 1920x1080/120Hz
-> nearly no ghosting :cool:

DVI Mode -> Desktop at 120Hz -> start game:
-> Monitor does not switch automatic in 3D Mode you have to do it manually
-> Monitor shows 1920x1080/120Hz
-> some more ghosting :confused:

Perhaps you can try that out with some other games. Start the games in DVI Mode with a Windows Desktop frequency of 60Hz!

Can the overclockers sales guy ask Samsung if the S27A750D comes with the correct power lead? I don't want it to arrive then have to wait till I can buy a lead to use it. :p

Ah yes, wouldn't mind knowing this myself. Although by the time they know they'll be out for delivery :(

We've just had our demo unit arrive and now the OcUK office is like kids at Christmas, a lot of impressed people. I sense people spending their wages end of this month. :D

Hey guys, I'm looking at getting a 750D when it comes out but I'm concerned with the 3D quality feedback so far and the feedback saying connecting via DVI on the 950D has less apparent ghosting (a concern since the SA750 has no DVI port).

Would I be right in assuming most of these issues are software related and are not faults with the panel, meaning it could be fixed at a later date with new software/drivers?

Cheers.

Hey guys, I'm looking at getting a 750D when it comes out but I'm concerned with the 3D quality feedback so far and the feedback saying connecting via DVI on the 950D has less apparent ghosting (a concern since the SA750 has no DVI port).

Would I be right in assuming most of these issues are software related and are not faults with the panel, meaning it could be fixed at a later date with new software/drivers?

Cheers.

Hard to be sure, but my personal feeling on this is that its firmware in the monitor, not anything on the PC. Whether the firmware can be updated on the monitor or not, I have no idea. There is still ghosting with the monitors own built-in 2D->3D conversion.

Tested only with Dragon Age Origins (Marketplace Denerim).
Ingame Settings: everything on full quality, vsync on, full hd res
TriDef 3D Settings:
3D: ON
Depth: 100
...On

But I found out another thing I want to share with you:

DVI Mode -> Desktop at 60Hz -> start game:
-> Monitor switches automatic in 3D Mode and shows 1920x1080/120Hz
-> nearly no ghosting :cool:

DVI Mode -> Desktop at 120Hz -> start game:
-> Monitor does not switch automatic in 3D Mode you have to do it manually
-> Monitor shows 1920x1080/120Hz
-> some more ghosting :confused:

Perhaps you can try that out with some other games. Start the games in DVI Mode with a Windows Desktop frequency of 60Hz!

YOU!!! SIR ARE A GOD AMONGST MEN:D

hot digady!!!

black ops
fallout 3
f12010

when loaded as you stated, the screen auto defaults to 3D frame seq 120hZ

i put all to deph 100 and not a single biy of ghousting, F1 in ****pit view actaully is freaking me out lol

i woke up this morning wondering if £600 was aworth while investment, despite the screens beauty!!

and you have answered my prayers:cool: 2 weeks off coming up of pure slight intoxicated 3D fun :D:D

Back
Top Bottom