** NEW SAMSUNG 750D & 950D True 120Hz LED Monitors - PRE-ORDER! **

Associate
Samsung said:
Other advancements that set the Samsung 3D LED Monitor SA950 apart from other monitors are the panel backlight, which activates only when the Shutter is closed. Thus optimising the 3D Experience and also saving on energy output.

I found this on the Samsung site for the 750. It reads in the context of the page like it applies to the 750 but they forgot to change the 950 out. Could someone confirm that this function applies to the 750 too?

Last edited:
Associate
too bad for the 1920x1080 res, the 27" should really have a higher res.

does that 950D come in a left-hand, right-hand model? u know, in case you want to get two and have them side by side.

also too bad no VESA mounting :( but then all the guts are in the stands.

Soldato
Yes but doesnt give u a 120Hz 27" does it :rolleyes: U always pay more for the bleeding edge. Admittedly it would be better if they could knock £100 off tbh.

Associate
I was thinking to pre-order the S27A950D assuming that OC will only charge the credit card when the item is ready for dispatch, but as I was going through checkout, it seemed to function as if it was a normal in-stock order stating it would charge me straight away. So I aborted. Shouldn't it be pay on dispatch?

Associate
I was thinking to pre-order the S27A950D assuming that OC will only charge the credit card when the item is ready for dispatch, but as I was going through checkout, it seemed to function as if it was a normal in-stock order stating it would charge me straight away. So I aborted. Shouldn't it be pay on dispatch?

Charging immediately on a pre-order is normal for OCUK.

Associate
Charging immediately on a pre-order is normal for OCUK.

Hmm...Thanks for the reply. It may be normal for OC, but I think its an outdated concept. And considering the dates of these monitors are still not cast in stone, I think its unfair to expect pepole to pay up in full based on a guesstimate. Oh well, I guess I will look to buy the monitor in a few months time when hopefully stocks are more readily available.

Associate
Hmm...Thanks for the reply. It may be normal for OC, but I think its an outdated concept. And considering the dates of these monitors are still not cast in stone, I think its unfair to expect pepole to pay up in full based on a guesstimate. Oh well, I guess I will look to buy the monitor in a few months time when hopefully stocks are more readily available.

Wow! Glad I didn't pre-order!

Associate
Hmmm just looks like the s27a750 release date has been pushed back.. i wonder if the 950 will be as well.. i hope not as i preorderd it..

Fingers Crossed!! Positive thoughts people...:(

Associate
The main issue is the fact that they only offer HDMI display outputs and are therefore incapable of outputting 120Hz at native resolution.
Thanks, but what would you actually need 1080p @ 120hz for? 3D PC gaming only? Is 60hz good enough for PS3 & BD 3D for example?

Sem

Sem

Soldato
am i the only one who thinks the stand on the S23A750D is incredibly ugly

its such as shame as i would have loved it as a replacement for my 2233RZ but i just cant get over how horrid that stand looks :(

Associate
Hmm, I'm concerned the 950 will suffer the same uniformity issues as Samsung's d7000 and d8000 tvs due to the ultra slim bezel. 750 might be a better bet in that respect. Is there any actually difference between the two screens though, aside from looks and a dvi port?

Associate
The 950 looks perfect for me. The only thing that they could really screw up is if they added a bunch of unneeded electronics and added unnecessary input lag. That would suck.

Back
Top Bottom