** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Soldato
Very nice! My desk is a corner desk tho, so my main display sits pushed into the corner, between the two walls. It works well as a desk, but wouldn't allow for wall mounting there. A monitor arm may be the way to go if I have similar problems.

Thanks , it could work well in corner with the curve :)

Associate
So from G7 owners, what are the ideal settings to use? Hopefully get mine set up tomorrow.
Could be up to personal preference, I did setup my based on Hardware Unboxed video.

Black Equalizer: 10
FreeSync: On
Contrast: 75
Sharpness: 56
Color: Red 49, Green 50, Blue 50
Gamma: Mode1
Brigthness: Up to you, I have mine at 0 during nighttime/dark, higher to daytime

Btw good news, G7 has new firmware, v1006 on Korean site. No changelog yet.

Associate
I managed to snag a last minute pre-order offer price here for the 27" G7, and have been constantly second-guessing myself ever since that I should have got the 32". I'm going up from an older BenQ 144Hz 24" 1080P display, which sits between 2 more basic 24" 1080P displays (one for work, the second as a second display on my own PC). Not sure how the 27" will be space-wise on my desk as everywhere talks about how big the stand is, let alone the 32" which maybe wouldn't even fit, and I sit with my head an average of 70cm from the displays. Have I made the right decision, or should I have gone for the 32"? Haha ><

I guess it's a personal preference?

I unboxed mine 32" today and thought "oh no I've made a mistake" but that quickly went away and it. I'm probably anywhere between 65-75 away from it. The only thing I did was take away the 2nd tier of my desk. As the centre of the screen was too high, even with the screen lowered completly.

Soldato
Associate
updated my g9 to the korean firmware version 1005.3 which was successful can confirm i can run any game at 240hz with adaptive sync on without any flickering also, honestly didnt think id notice much difference coming from my crg90 but even at 80 and 90 fps in games it feels butter smooth whereas my crg90 would have felt choppy in same situation

Associate
I am waiting on a G9, i will only be able to run it with a 1080ti until the 3*** series are available.
Will it be possible to run games at 21:9/16:9 with black bars for better fps when required?

Associate
I am waiting on a G9, i will only be able to run it with a 1080ti until the 3*** series are available.
Will it be possible to run games at 21:9/16:9 with black bars for better fps when required?
you could do that or what i do in the games that allow it is change the render resolution slider in games that support it to go below the 100 mark allows you to gain a nice fps boost on the games that you are struggling to get good fps from while keeping it full screen

Soldato
Can someone tell me please whether they've tried connecting two systems up to the G9 with their mouse and keyboard connected to the G9 and how switching between systems feels. I think the samsung says it has source auto switching, does this behave appropriately or does it twitch between sources when you don't want it to, what triggers it?

Associate
you could do that or what i do in the games that allow it is change the render resolution slider in games that support it to go below the 100 mark allows you to gain a nice fps boost on the games that you are struggling to get good fps from while keeping it full screen

Thanks, never thought of that.

Associate
Can someone tell me please whether they've tried connecting two systems up to the G9 with their mouse and keyboard connected to the G9 and how switching between systems feels. I think the samsung says it has source auto switching, does this behave appropriately or does it twitch between sources when you don't want it to, what triggers it?
just tested this out for you mate and i cant get anything to trigger it any key presses or mouse movement on the computer not being displayed doesnt switch anything at all so not sure how this is meant to work

Soldato
just tested this out for you mate and i cant get anything to trigger it any key presses or mouse movement on the computer not being displayed doesnt switch anything at all so not sure how this is meant to work

Thanks for trying it out. How do you connect two systems anyway I could only see one PC input USB, the instructions don't seem very clear?

Associate
ahh is that how its meant to work through usb? i thought you meant having the 2 devices connected to both display ports or 1 to display port and 1 to hdmi and then move mouse or press keys on the keyboards connected to each device

Back
Top Bottom