** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Soldato
ahh is that how its meant to work through usb? i thought you meant having the 2 devices connected to both display ports or 1 to display port and 1 to hdmi and then move mouse or press keys on the keyboards connected to each device

There's one set of USB's which I think are labelled 'Services' (for KB & mouse etc) and another which I'm not sure whether there's just one labelled 'PC Input'. That's why I'm confused by the manual which from memory I think shows a PC and a Laptop connected. Maybe you're meant to connect a KVM switch to the 'PC Input' connection?

You would also connect both systems up to the display ports too.

Last edited:
Associate
updated my g9 to the korean firmware version 1005.3 which was successful can confirm i can run any game at 240hz with adaptive sync on without any flickering also, honestly didnt think id notice much difference coming from my crg90 but even at 80 and 90 fps in games it feels butter smooth whereas my crg90 would have felt choppy in same situation
That’s really good to know... out of curiosity, did the OSD stay in English?

Associate
Yes i agree, the 1005.3 are the best so far, 240Hz with Adaptive Sync is all working ok, no flickering. looks and works awesome :)
Not sure why there are stories of recalls, this thing is a work of art...
Korean file is in Korean, but Monitor still is English of course, or whatever language you set it too :)

Soldato
Only just got my G7 up and running after being out all day and collected it from my neighbour. Looks stunning, loving the curve even though some reviewers hated it. What are the best settings to use on the OSD? Using a 2080ti. Got the driver installed just need to update the firmware later when I get chance.

76-DCF21-F-F0-FD-477-B-84-B5-2-FCE5-C59255-E.jpg

Associate
On reddit, one guy said you can actually lower the g-sync range way down from 80 fps (hz)
Set 144 hz and the range kick in from 60!
120 hz = 46 range!

Thats fantastic news, if one dont have a powerful GPU!

Now this really are a must have for me. Seems like the perfect monitor. Will Send back the C9 ASAP and get this beauty. 32 inch is the perfect size IMO. One get that immersive Tv felling and it's not freaking enormous as the CX 48 OLED. Thats a frikking Tv and way to big for desktop gaming IMHO :D
And one also dont have to worry about that burn in crap.

Will probably get a 55 - CX come BF tho, to compliment this baby for some couch gaming and of course for that PS5!

Associate
On reddit, one guy said you can actually lower the g-sync range way down from 80 fps (hz)
Set 144 hz and the range kick in from 60!
120 hz = 46 range!

Thats fantastic news, if one dont have a powerful GPU!

Now this really are a must have for me. Seems like the perfect monitor. Will Send back the C9 ASAP and get this beauty. 32 inch is the perfect size IMO. One get that immersive Tv felling and it's not freaking enormous as the CX 48 OLED. Thats a frikking Tv and way to big for desktop gaming IMHO :D
And one also dont have to worry about that burn in crap.

Will probably get a 55 - CX come BF tho, to compliment this baby for some couch gaming and of course for that PS5!

This is excellent! My rig is old (7 years, Core i7 4770k) and I just upgraded from a GTx670 to a GTx1080 to support a newly acquired Oculus Quest for HL Alyx - which works really well! As the Quest is only 72FPS it doesn't push the GTx1080 too hard, so it can keep up at almost max settings.
I then decided I'd pick up F1 2020 on the PC, as it could actually play it, instead of the Xbox. It runs perfect on my 24" 1080p 144Hz monitor, but I wanted something a bit bigger so got the 27" G7 on other (I doubt the 32" would fit on this desk, still fitting the other 2 24" displays I need to keep for my work PC, and it's a small room so I'm close enough that a 32" may have been too big). Knowing I can drop the max refresh rate, and lower the G-sync range is excellent. I did spot on the nVidia drivers page that it says on the 27" it works from 60Hz, but on the 32" it works from 80Hz. Weird. (https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/g-sync-monitors/specs/)

Associate
I currently have a couple of Asus X34p 34" Ultrawides and am tempted to purchase a couple of G9s to replace them. Anyone upgraded from an X34P to one of these and how you finding it?

Soldato
EFB649-CF-8-E81-40-B3-8-F72-567-FDAEB2-CA4.jpg

How do these settings look? Curious to see what other people use.

Also : In Nvidia Control Panel under Global settings what have people got "Max Frame Rate" set to on this display? I've got it at 238 as I was under the impression it should be a few FPS under the 240hz refresh? Or should it just be left at 240?!

Anyone also noticed ALT+Tab in and out of games to windows a tad slow? My dell was faster, this takes 2-3 seconds.

Last edited:
Associate
Oh man, people getting hands on and great news about the firmware updates fixing the flickering.

I personally love the curve and don’t see the issue. Each to their own I guess. Still have my 32 on order, but if this g9 turns up next week.
I’ve fallen hard for the g9 where I feel it has to be the one, but my gosh that G75s is still Purdy.

Back
Top Bottom