** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

What are people doing for the colour settings? I've tried HDR modes and they don't really impress on the PC. I've now changed to 10bit colour through Nvidia control panel and that looks good. Has anyone had much success with HDR or do we think new Nvidia drivers are required to make the HDR pop?

What are people doing for the colour settings? I've tried HDR modes and they don't really impress on the PC. I've now changed to 10bit colour through Nvidia control panel and that looks good. Has anyone had much success with HDR or do we think new Nvidia drivers are required to make the HDR pop?

If it's inside windows HDR is broken untill Windows fixes it , in games HDR should work fine

Hey guys,

keep getting the below popping up in Windows usually after a reboot on my G7, any ideas what's causing it? Using Digital port cable supplied and USB hub cable. Baffled why this keeps coming up!

EDIT seems to occur when I plug USB hub cable in, tried various USB ports. :confused:

C5878908-839-B-4549-891-C-164324-C1-DD1-C.jpg

Last edited:
This is excellent! My rig is old (7 years, Core i7 4770k) and I just upgraded from a GTx670 to a GTx1080 to support a newly acquired Oculus Quest for HL Alyx - which works really well! As the Quest is only 72FPS it doesn't push the GTx1080 too hard, so it can keep up at almost max settings.
I then decided I'd pick up F1 2020 on the PC, as it could actually play it, instead of the Xbox. It runs perfect on my 24" 1080p 144Hz monitor, but I wanted something a bit bigger so got the 27" G7 on other (I doubt the 32" would fit on this desk, still fitting the other 2 24" displays I need to keep for my work PC, and it's a small room so I'm close enough that a 32" may have been too big). Knowing I can drop the max refresh rate, and lower the G-sync range is excellent. I did spot on the nVidia drivers page that it says on the 27" it works from 60Hz, but on the 32" it works from 80Hz. Weird. (https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/g-sync-monitors/specs/)

Yep fantastic and it's getting better. On the lastest FW, one says that the g-sync range is from 50 hz right now!
Here is the link to the thread buddy :)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/comments/ht1ri9/odyssey_g7_new_firmware_ver_1006/

Thanks, do you have to turn it on in windows settings or can you just leave it off and still have it on in the game? In Assassins Creed Odyssey I'm struggling to get it to display HDR.

not sure still rocking 980ti here :rolleyes: so havent had the chance to try hopefully someone can answer for you , Ive seen some youtubers playing Tomb Raider on this monitor with HDR not sure if they had it enabled in windows first

not sure still rocking 980ti here :rolleyes: so havent had the chance to try hopefully someone can answer for you , Ive seen some youtubers playing Tomb Raider on this monitor with HDR not sure if they had it enabled in windows first

Thanks, do you have to turn it on in windows settings or can you just leave it off and still have it on in the game? In Assassins Creed Odyssey I'm struggling to get it to display HDR.

Turn in on in windows .

Back
Top Bottom