** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Associate
Well the status of the G9 on the Samsung site has changed now from Not For Sale to Where To Buy. There are not any places of course yet to buy it but guess that’s some positive progress
Possibly cements a little what I was told on the phone by them last week as well.

Associate
Well the status of the G9 on the Samsung site has changed now from Not For Sale to Where To Buy. There are not any places of course yet to buy it but guess that’s some positive progress
Possibly cements a little what I was told on the phone by them last week as well.

Other retailers got stock and sold out today - so they are trickling through, but the demand seems to be very very high for them. It wouldn't surprise me if Overclockers got some too today and they started going out to people.

Associate
That sounds good. Hopefully OC will keep us preorderers posted. Last time I asked after the initial 20 went out i was in the 70s queue wise with my preorder later on in June. Possibly some have dropped out though. Would be great if OC got their entire remaining order in one hit but I highly doubt it given the supply and demand for these.

thanks for the info

Permabanned
I have 9 days to return, they know I am not using it fully due to the issues.

If I have to fix all my running background programs windows positions again on the monitor powering on/off I will go mad.

I have no clue why Samsung hide (if it even has them) the DP/HDMI Deep Sleep settings as I would like to see what changing them does to this monitor.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have 9 days to return, they know I am not using it fully due to the issues.

If I have to fix all my running background programs windows positions again on the monitor powering on/off I will go mad.

I have no clue why Samsung hide (if it even has them) the DP/HDMI Deep Sleep settings as I would like to see what changing them does to this monitor.

Try this fix for your windows positions

https://github.com/kangyu-california/PersistentWindows

Permabanned

Thanks as you know Windows does not remember window/folder positions since Vista but this is not that causing this.

The G7 is detected as new drive most times (G-Sync set up pops up and Windows's Ding sound), it is the exact same movement of windows you got on a CRT as you changed RES to game and on LCD if you enter a Game using DSR and return to lower Res on desktop later.

Permabanned
I tried that program, it does not work even manually never mind auto.

I set it to run at startup, and I manually save open windows (once I position them on screen) and try to restore them when they mess up but nothing happens.

Associate
I too am interested in knowing if you got yours from OCUK or not. Also interested in knowing how good it is :)

It's a little frustrating we still haven't had an official word from OCUK on this. At least to give us some information. Bad form IMO.

At this point, I'm tempted to cancel my pre-order. Not impressed with OCUK's handling of the matter and with the issues, I'm thinking of waiting until next year but unsure.

Associate
I too am interested in knowing if you got yours from OCUK or not. Also interested in knowing how good it is :)

It's a little frustrating we still haven't had an official word from OCUK on this. At least to give us some information. Bad form IMO.

At this point, I'm tempted to cancel my pre-order. Not impressed with OCUK's handling of the matter and with the issues, I'm thinking of waiting until next year but unsure.

Sorry guys I have been in the corner crying all day ...

Will start by saying it was not from OCUK but I do have an order with OCUK too.

So ... as I noted the status was set to dispatched yesturday. I kept keeping hit refresh to see when the DPD tracking number would be assigned (even though it pops up on my phone anyway).

No tracking number as of this morning either, wasn't too bothered as they had said Friday delivery so just thought they have got it out the warehouse quicker as it showed dispatched.

Got an email this afternoon saying that their distributer didn't actually have any until 24th and I could wait until then or cancel the order.

Is annoying as they did the same last week but just canncelled off the order and that was that.

So now have preorder/backorder from two places and still no monitor. Is funny how both retailers are happy enough to take the money quickly and hold it for weeks/months. Neither retailer has handeled it in such a way for me to be pleased, regardless of the delays.

After today I may just cancel both orders and get a aircon unit instead :cool:

Suspended
I'm trying to decide between something like the IPS S2721DGF and the G7 but this review has zero credibility.. not one mention of how the VA panel is in terms of ghosting/smearing

Yeah I agree on that bro. But there is plenty others, as RTINGS - the other day. I will Definetly swap out my IPS - PG279Q, for this super monitor!
Cant wait to be free of the POS contrast on IPS :/
Been a long time coming I say, as I just couldent live with the aweful VA smear. Or else I would have gone VA long ago. So this is a dream come true for me atlast :)

Oh and I did have the LG G850G - 32 in VA before. That was the fastest VA until this one. And even the 850G had crazy smear IMO. So thats why I have been using IPS but mostly that TN trash before!

Back
Top Bottom