New World MMO

Associate
I refunded it because i felt i diddnt fofer much for me but happy to revisit this later .

it did run amazing on a laptop

Yep, if you give it some more time after release. More bugs will be fixed and extra features will be added I guess.

I also see are running a 3090. It might be best to wait for a bit, just in case. :p

Permabanned
Never actually played an MMO but this does have me interested. Is there a sure fire way to get into the beta or is it just wait and see unless you pre order? I would like to try it before dropping 50 bucks on it.

Man of Honour
Yeah I get it but I dont want to drop 50 bucks on it before Ive played it to be honest. I would love it if there was a demo but it seems I will have to hope I get an invite.

Also have a 3090 so Im aware I may be playing with fire as well!

You could just treat it as a demo, if you preorder on Steam and play the beta, you can play the entire beta and then refund it. Steams refund policy allows you to refund any game prior to its release, regardless of how much time you have in it. Though I sort of understand where you are coming from, I am curious about the game and could do the same but I dont like dropping cash , even if I then plan to refund it later on.

Permabanned
You could just treat it as a demo, if you preorder on Steam and play the beta, you can play the entire beta and then refund it. Steams refund policy allows you to refund any game prior to its release, regardless of how much time you have in it. Though I sort of understand where you are coming from, I am curious about the game and could do the same but I dont like dropping cash , even if I then plan to refund it later on.

Thats a good idea, thank you for that. You have pretty much nailed what I was thinking though in that I know I will get the money back but Im still paying for it for a while at least.

Caporegime
I joined the US east coast servers and haven't had issues with queues.
any idea what your ping is? or do you feel the latency ?
usually in mmos it's not a huge difference but with the combat system of this game it got me wondering

You could just treat it as a demo, if you preorder on Steam and play the beta, you can play the entire beta and then refund it.
do amazon even bill you? I think I read somewhere you could order on amazon, get the code and cancel

Yeah I get it but I dont want to drop 50 bucks on it before Ive played it to be honest. I would love it if there was a demo but it seems I will have to hope I get an invite.

Also have a 3090 so Im aware I may be playing with fire as well!
as tombstone has said, i'm doing exactly this. i've bought the game, and will totally refund this at some point unless i've decided otherwise.

i've never been able to get into mmo and this looks to be another example. i wanted to and still want to get into a new mmo. i feel partly it's because i really dislike the lake of decent story. a good mmo for star wars or lotr would be nice. i know they've done 1 but these are old and tech has come a long way.

and then also because i just hate seeing 30 other people running around wearing the same stuff as me doing the same missions.

would be nice to have a game that has a really good reason why there are 20 clones of me walking around.

Soldato
any idea what your ping is? or do you feel the latency ?
usually in mmos it's not a huge difference but with the combat system of this game it got me wondering

do amazon even bill you? I think I read somewhere you could order on amazon, get the code and cancel

I play on EAST US server with a ping of 90 to 105 most of the time. I said it in an earlier post a few pages back, it's incredible how smooth this experience is on US server with a higher ping than I'd usually like. There's zero lag or rubber banding, it's quite astonishing. I've never seen that on a cross continant server to be honest. Hell, usually playing Conan or ARK where pings go above 60 or 70 you'll feel it and experience lag straight away.

Soldato
Thats a good idea, thank you for that. You have pretty much nailed what I was thinking though in that I know I will get the money back but Im still paying for it for a while at least.
Buy it on Amazon, they won't bill you until official release and it says you'll have the beta code within 48 hours.
They send you a Steam code anyway so it'll still be on Steam if that matters

Back
Top Bottom