Newcastle takeover???

Soldato
I hope for your sake that a decision is made sooner rather than later Woppy.
Your not the only one, I have a nice bottle of red(2015 chateauneuf du pape to be exact)and 6 cans in the fridge that’s been in there since the original story broke in April that are waiting to be cracked open.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Even more news, I’m amazed at the concessions Saudi have agreed too
“I can confirm that the official beIN boxes are now functional in Saudi Arabia and thus streaming Premier League games. Multiple Saudi-based sources say beIN output has worked since Wednesday. Here is one box from a friend used today to watch”
https://twitter.com/JacobsBen/status/1274763813678714882?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1274763813678714882&ref_url=https://www.newcastle-online.org/forum/index.php?topic=104153.20275

After all there's 35million odd new Newcastle fans wanting to watch and support their team legally :)

Unless you read the Times they have started to say the PIF are ready to walk away. Must be running out of stories or people stoped clicking

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
O dear I see the Saudi's have took Seria A off BeIN.

Think they waited until they got subs then announced that they can't legally show it which is strange as the rights is for next season.

Think the premiership and Spanish is not up until the following year with bidding starting next year?

Last edited:
Soldato
O dear I see the Saudi's have took Seria A off BeIN.

Think they waited until they got subs then announced that they can't legally show it which is strange as the rights is for next season.

Think the premiership and Spanish is not up until the following year with bidding starting next year?
They have taken the German league rights as well
https://twitter.com/U8L86/status/1275168975392030720

Bein seem to have kick the hornets nest, at this rate they will be left with nothing, bet they wish they had not said anything about the takeover now.
I’m going to make a prediction that the next PL overseas tv rights deal will be the biggest ever

reminds me of that old saying "never punch a bear in the mouth until you know how sharp it's teeth are."

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Think it all started when BeIN were demanding money and reduced rates because of Covid 19 and how close the Saudi's are with the Spanish and Italian League's and the promotions they are doing.

Not 100% sure they got the rights yet but it looks like it's going that way!

Qatar have proper small man syndrome!!!

Soldato
The Newcastle takeover to a tee
Gonna sign Bale on Monday
Piracy Issues back again on Tuesday
Another letter from Cengiz on Wednesday
Takeover imminent on Thursday, Friday and Saturday
Nothing's happened by Sunday

Soldato
OP
So true. The final paperwork and transfer of funds would take around a week once the PL gives it the so called green light. So doubt it would be announced this week.

Soldato
if you were about to takeover a club wouldn't you wait until the end of the season so you knew which league they would be in. That would massively affect price surely?

Soldato
I don’t think there is much chance of Newcastle going down now TBH

Given the state of Bournemouth at the moment I'm inclined to agree with you. I wonder if they regret selling Ritchie? Also wtf is with Francis not playing for them anymore. Ridiculous!

Soldato
only one of them can go though. Villa and Norwich have put towels on the other two spots already.

edit: of the the three my preference would be for west ham to go down as Watford have played some decent football this season plus they have Pearson in charge who I have a lot of time for, ditto Bournemouth have Eddie Howe plus they are more on a budget and will actually have a go at teams which is always nice to see. They have sadly been dire in recent matches and I fear for them. Not sure what's going on but they seem to have lost their mojo of late. Very weird.

Last edited:
Soldato
@BaZ87 if this takeover actually ends up going through can we turn this thread into a Newcastle club thread?, as I sense were going to get a lot of hate whichever way it falls like City did and still does.

Soldato
The Newcastle takeover to a tee
Gonna sign Bale on Monday
Piracy Issues back again on Tuesday
Another letter from Cengiz on Wednesday
Takeover imminent on Thursday, Friday and Saturday
Nothing's happened by Sunday

try reciting this to the tune of Craig David's 7 days. Works well!

Back
Top Bottom