Newcastle Utd, Official thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
why sell solano? hes way to slow now, obviously hes not playing in his best position but i've seen him outrun easily or caught out at the back by a long pass and he just can't keep up.

steve the power taylor? the only power he has is numpty powers as of late, hes given away 2-3 penaltys, that disgraceful elbow in europe and generally just giving away needless freekicks in bad areas which have led to goals.

the prob with taylor is he thinks he can just play with his heart on his sleeve, given it loads of oomph to the crowd etc, big deal! if he played with his brain he'd be good but hes far to reckless, and its not like hes lacking much experiance cause hes played a lot of games for us.

i can just see fatso using the stadium upgrade as another excuse, and it diverts attention away from the fact we currently blow! Think of it as another star signing, WOW we've got this player but we still aint done nowt to the rest of the team. wow now we've got a bigger stadium but we STILL aint fixed the team.

I used to be a big fan of Taylor, but lately he's been dropping in my estimations :( When I first heard about this building work that will hopefully be going on I was skeptical, but after re-reading it the money isn't coming from Newcaslte United so I'm all for it. But as others have said Roeder needs more money to buy some decent players in. A new back line would be a good start and getting rid of some the crap players will certainly help.

peetee said:
Newc were big once upon a time, these days you just cant compete anymore though. Dont see much point in stadium cap being increased even if it is for free, right now things dont seem like they're going to get any better for you mags. Cant they spend the money on flattening byker instead
we've already established you sound like a mackem, skip the toon bashing please

i would keep nobby and taylor for another season

as for the stadium increase, i didnt realise it would be funded by other means, i dont see the point in the expansion but aslong as it doesnt effect other parts of the club fair enough

da_mic_1530 said:
we've already established you sound like a mackem, skip the toon bashing please

i would keep nobby and taylor for another season

as for the stadium increase, i didnt realise it would be funded by other means, i dont see the point in the expansion but aslong as it doesnt effect other parts of the club fair enough

he must be his location is "the toilet" hahahaha.

had to be said :D

The stadium plans, not bothered... Just another story to get us 'the fans' excited and forget about the dismal season.

Roeder is not the man for the job, and never was, I never agreed, along with many others, he just simply has not got what it takes to put this club where it belongs (top 4).

SBR and KK were the only managers who had us playing as we can.

We need a WORLD CLASS manager to take us places, all we will ever be under Roeder is mid table at the very best.

And his classic line "I dont like to use injuries as an excuse ..." oops look, he just did!

What makes me laugh... Everyone bangs on about injuries, injuries, unlucky with injuries etc...

Well, on Saturday apparantly it was the "First time Roeder had an almost entire fully fit squad (bar Micky O)"

And we lost! 1-0 at HOME to Manchester City of all teams! Not Chelsea...Not Man U... MAN CITY!!!

PATHETIC.

I dont like the way we play under roeder its boring most of the time and the geordies should be watching better football week in week out than that pap , if fat fred does make some money available in the summer he will be giving it to the wrong person again , i would have liked roeder to do a good job at newcastle but for me he isnt good enough , totally agree about the players a big clearout is needed .

EasyG said:
am proper sick of the is GR right man for the job posts now.

hes turned it around so get off the mans back ffs!

Jet said:
Fair enough. All i'm saying is we played terrible but stuff contributed to the loss.

If anyone thinks that a sending off, a tired and inexperienced youngster team and 11 injuries doesn't have an effect on any game you're a fool.

harper
carr bramble moore baba
duff parker emre zog
shola owen

Are injured team could beat most other teams for gods sake. Combine those two and you can appreciate why I can almost laugh with disbelief when SeanyK clearly thinks we should sack Roeder.

Sorry guys, but its pathetic, lost again, he simply IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH for the job.

Big Sam did not play long ball football, they passed us off the park when Bolton came to SJP earlier in the season!

Excuse injuries can only get you so far!

Classic GR quote today

"No one would have done better with Shola and Owen out"

Well, newsflash, Shola and Owen were back today, and they did not get the service, which is down to tactics, which is down to you Mr Roeder.

You ARE the weakest link...GOODBYE

SeanyK said:
Sorry guys, but its pathetic, lost again, he simply IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH for the job.

Big Sam did not play long ball football, they passed us off the park when Bolton came to SJP earlier in the season!

Excuse injuries can only get you so far!

Classic GR quote today

"No one would have done better with Shola and Owen out"

Well, newsflash, Shola and Owen were back today, and they did not get the service, which is down to tactics, which is down to you Mr Roeder.

You ARE the weakest link...GOODBYE

I totally agree mate. But remember, my point was that we shouldn't judge him too early and when we had so many injuries. He proved there was something within him at the end of last season and I thought he deserved a season to try at the full time job.

Now that most of our players have returned it's became clear that he isn't good enough. He makes bad decisions and it seems like the players (bar Milner) just can't be bothered to try anymore. I don't think sacking him in the middle of the season would have helped.

That said, it's time for him to leave now. Any new manager needs the pre-season to sign his own players and to get used to the new team.

It's cool mate, I literally think 99.9% of supporters are now against it.

Earlier in the season, big Sam would not have been available.

It seems destiny that we get him, we can only hope!

The root cause of the problem is our ilustrious chairman.
Until he leaves we wil never be succesful.

It shows the apathy of the Newcastle fans that a little over 12 months ago when Sam's name was touted the majority of fans didnt want him then , yet gauging opinion from various message boards the sentiment seems to be "get him in and now".

Once again our hopes and aspirations have been lowered by the idiot at the helm.

Is anyone forgetting that he twice was approached to take over at NUFC and twice declined?
What makes anyone think he will takeover now , what circumstances have changed?

i believe in fairness last time big sam very nearly went, but didnt want to leave bolton in the lurch, ive always admired big sams managerial skills, and shouted for him to be manager last time he was linked

however, i dont think we will get him this summer, and i believe we will be stuck in mid table again next year, with possible relagation, its shocking

Say for example this summer we finally sort the defense out, we should be top 6 material then, with our squad no excuses, but we wont be

McDaniel said:
we need Asprilla back :D
i often think people forget what he was actually like, sure he had some blinding games, but he had many stinkers too, ferdinand or shearer (obv :rolleyes: )

Vandle said:
The root cause of the problem is our ilustrious chairman.
Until he leaves we wil never be succesful.

It shows the apathy of the Newcastle fans that a little over 12 months ago when Sam's name was touted the majority of fans didnt want him then , yet gauging opinion from various message boards the sentiment seems to be "get him in and now".

Once again our hopes and aspirations have been lowered by the idiot at the helm.

Is anyone forgetting that he twice was approached to take over at NUFC and twice declined?
What makes anyone think he will takeover now , what circumstances have changed?

I agree Shepherd is far from the perfect chariman but we could've potentially won the title twice with him in charge (under Keegan and Robson) to blame everything on him is a bit naive, IMO.

I'm also not sure Allardyce turned us down twice, I heard some reports that we turned him down second time and that's why he voted against Roeder to be given special dispensation (might be BS though).

Finally, I don't rate Allardyce that much, I personally think we can do much better by going abroad, the standard of British coaches is generally pretty crap.

Visionary said:
I agree Shepherd is far from the perfect chariman but we could've potentially won the title twice with him in charge (under Keegan and Robson) to blame everything on him is a bit naive, IMO.

I'm also not sure Allardyce turned us down twice, I heard some reports that we turned him down second time and that's why he voted against Roeder to be given special dispensation (might be BS though).

Finally, I don't rate Allardyce that much, I personally think we can do much better by going abroad, the standard of British coaches is generally pretty crap.
The buck stops with the man in charge , it would be naive to suggest there is any other reason for the state we are in.

Vandle said:
The buck stops with the man in charge , it would be naive to suggest there is any other reason for the state we are in.

I totally understand what you mean but...take as an example when Robson was in charge, one season during his reign, can't remember which one, we were seriously challenging for the title, Shepherd did a good job appointing Robson and gave him money to spend and with a bit of luck we could've won the league.

Shepherd's next two appoints were pretty ****, which is obvious his fault and that's why I agree we could do with someone else in charge, I just don't think it is out of the realms of possibilty that we could win a trophy with him as chairman (although it could take a while in the state we're in).

Visionary said:
I totally understand what you mean but...take as an example when Robson was in charge, one season during his reign, can't remember which one, we were seriously challenging for the title, Shepherd did a good job appointing Robson and gave him money to spend and with a bit of luck we could've won the league.

Shepherd's next two appoints were pretty ****, which is obvious his fault and that's why I agree we could do with someone else in charge, I just don't think it is out of the realms of possibilty that we could win a trophy with him as chairman (although it could take a while in the state we're in).

Yeah , we finished 3rd and qualified for the Champs League for the second season in a row after giving a decent account of ourselves in the previous years competition. In the close season we brought in Lee Bowyer on a free.
Somehow I dont think Robson would have said to Shepherd "Its alreet boss , Im happy with my squad , just get me that little pig who's been relegated with West Ham"
Shepherd was quoted as saying "We are keeping our powder dry"
We lost to Partizan on pens and dropped into the UEFA cup and its been downhill ever since.

Forgetting the stupid sackings , the appointment of fools such as Souness and Roeder , the time he was exposed with those prostitutes , calling the geordie women dogs , mocking the Newcastle fans for buying shirts for 40 quid that cost him less than a quid to make or any embarrassing quotes such as "Manchester United are a rudderless ship". His failure to act in that season was as shortsighted as he has ever been.

Man Utd or Arsenal were no better than us that season , we should have capitalised on it and it would have been an excellent time to push on and really establish the club as a premier league heavyweight - speculate to acumulate and all that.

He may have dropped his arse when he saw what happened to Leeds but its no excuse imo , we have lost years of ground on the top clubs while other clubs that were nowhere near our level i.e Spurs , Everton have overtaken us and good luck to them.

If he makes a decent appointment - even if it is Big Sam , then he has to give him the resources and the time to steady the ship before taking us forward , the club has been crying out for stability for as long as I remember.
We lurch from crisis to crisis and its time it stopped.

Last edited:
Vandle said:
Stuff about the Fat Embarrassing Waste Of Space.

Good post Vandle, I couldn't agree more.

All he does is give the fans a trophy signing every two or so seasons whilst taking a lot of money out of the club. Thats YOUR money lads and lasses.

There is a website that explains the running of the club and it makes interesting reading to say the least! I cant remember what it was though...

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom