Newcastle Utd, Official thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he's willing to sell up this earlier then you'd be better off with him out the door.

Just had a little read of the Times and its saying a bid of around £135m is on its way in, only £2m more than Ashley paid so unless he's had a change of heart then i can't imagine he'll sell for the sake of £2m.

Tell you what if I paid 130 odd million for a club and spent a few months getting it sorted out I wouldn't get out of bed for a gain of £2 million. I would be insulted at the suggestion actually. They're taking the **** if that bid is real.

who knows what can happen behind the scenes.

but yeh, its a bit of a bad business deal just making 2m from the whole venture.

I still think mike ashley is in it for the long haul.... unless this new lot have serious amount.

lemonkettaz said:
who knows what can happen behind the scenes.

but yeh, its a bit of a bad business deal just making 2m from the whole venture.

I still think mike ashley is in it for the long haul.... unless this new lot have serious amount.
There's a bit in this article that says he wants to sell after realising he could make a profit which would be benefitial for his other business'.

Also reading that it says Ashley has already spent £30m at Newcastle so even if he sells for £135m he still £27m down :confused:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/newcastle/article2296084.ece

it could well be that the money he has spent has not really come out yet rather he has committed to spend that on certain debt overwrites etc... if he were to sell then those committments would be taken on by the owner in the new terms of contract.

plus 'only' a 2million return is a big return to be honest in any capacity, especially when owners do not make masses especially in a club that is not a league winner or regular champs league challenger.

to be honest though i expect him to stay and build up synergies with his other companies and so on

freshy said:
it could well be that the money he has spent has not really come out yet rather he has committed to spend that on certain debt overwrites etc... if he were to sell then those committments would be taken on by the owner in the new terms of contract.

plus 'only' a 2million return is a big return to be honest in any capacity, especially when owners do not make masses especially in a club that is not a league winner or regular champs league challenger.

to be honest though i expect him to stay and build up synergies with his other companies and so on

Not with this new TV deal. The prem league is a hot bed now with the rewards very huge in this upcomming season. Why do you think there been so many takeovers and clubs spending huge amounts of cash. Each place is vital now.

We had a good start to the season. I would call 3-1 boton and a 0-0 with villa which we should have lost very good only for the fight in the team we would have lost :)

Going to take time for the team to gel and we really need Barton back!!!! He our drive in MF what we where missing on Sat.

Pretty happy toonfan atm. Looking forward to the first NE Derby of the year!!

Newcastle will sign Abdoulaye Faye from Bolton for £2m this week - with Brazilian defender Juliano Belletti to follow. (The Times)
" good signing hope they come off

Manchester United have made an inquiry about Newcastle striker Obafemi Martins. (The Sun)
FFS Give the lad the Contrect the lad wants and remove that flipping Clause!!!! But i understand we are in talks with him and his NEW agent. Old one was the one that wanted the clause

Last edited:
I have a feeling lemon that he prob has a timmer in his deal like Owen which had a dealine every season so he can't be baught say the last day of the transfer market and leave us with no way to replace!!!

So not worred about Manu sniffing round him

Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce will allow striker Obafemi Martins to join Manchester United or Arsenal - if they table a £13m bid. (Daily Express)

What bull papers make up these days....

BigSam has said all along he wants to keep last years top goal scorer for the team but he had no controll over it if a 13 bid came in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom